Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

ASTON MARTIN QUALIFIES FIRST in LMGTE @ LEMANS

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-12-2015, 01:02 PM
AXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to behold
ASTON MARTIN QUALIFIES FIRST in LMGTE @ LEMANS

Aston Martin Racing qualified in pole position in the LMGTE Class @ LeMans today for both pro and amateur competitors beating out Porsche, Ferrari, Viper and Corvette in the process...

Results can be found here:

http://img2.autoweek.com/24-heures-d...ractice_01.pdf

Old 06-12-2015, 02:26 PM
AJN334 is on a distinguished road
An accomplishment in its own right.

And...many say the Vantage is a dated platform and not a sports cars, heh...

Old 06-12-2015, 08:01 PM
RossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond repute
The old beater is still performing!

Old 06-14-2015, 07:58 AM
Scotty4300 is on a distinguished road
Le Mans 2015

What a disaster!!
The 99 car leaves the pits-well in the lead for Pro honours-with new brake pads and runs into the rear of the second placed LMP2 car--even I know that new pads need to be run in!Takes an hour to fit new radiator and now out of contention.
The 98 car is a dead cert for the Am crown and inexplicably goes straight into the barrier before the main straight with only 40 mins to go.

Need to sleep now after 24 hours.

Congrats to all in the USA--Corvette wins GTE Pro and Dempsey Porsche second in GTE Am.Well done.

Old 06-15-2015, 07:33 AM
AXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to behold
Ugh! Now I know. Thanks for the update.

Old 06-15-2015, 08:43 AM
CoreyC2S is just really niceCoreyC2S is just really niceCoreyC2S is just really niceCoreyC2S is just really niceCoreyC2S is just really nice
That was a shame; I was watching the race when the 99 car smacked the LMP2 car. Exciting race, though! I'm glad Porsche finally broke the Audi dominance in LMP1.

Old 06-16-2015, 03:23 PM
keitheva is a glorious beacon of lightkeitheva is a glorious beacon of lightkeitheva is a glorious beacon of lightkeitheva is a glorious beacon of lightkeitheva is a glorious beacon of lightkeitheva is a glorious beacon of light
From a reliable source, re the 98 car accident, apparently the driver's foot slipped off the brake and he had no time to recover

Old 06-17-2015, 07:49 AM
Scotty4300 is on a distinguished road
C'mon really--I have been driving for 50 years and my foot has never slipped off a pedal.
Now you have a Le mans driver in full race gear with race boots and his foot slips off the brake pedal!!!
My Vantage has rubber dots on the pedal and I wear rubber sole driving shoes--I would need to step in treacle or honey to replicate that FU.

Old 06-17-2015, 08:09 AM
boxercupdave has a spectacular aura aboutboxercupdave has a spectacular aura about
I'll have to go and look at the replay sometime this weekend as it seemed to me that there was a bit more dust generated when he cut the curb vs. previous laps. Maybe tired and a bigger jolt may have cause an issue.

Shame and maybe I'd be looking at toe clips or SPD pedals.

You know the guy is feeling terrible and up until that point the team looked great.

Dave

Old 06-17-2015, 11:43 AM
telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !
Clipless pedals, really??

Regardless, that's a tough break. Would have been nice to see AM pull through.

Old 06-21-2015, 01:14 PM
keitheva is a glorious beacon of lightkeitheva is a glorious beacon of lightkeitheva is a glorious beacon of lightkeitheva is a glorious beacon of lightkeitheva is a glorious beacon of lightkeitheva is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by keitheva
From a reliable source, re the 98 car accident, apparently the driver's foot slipped off the brake and he had no time to recover
Apparently you sceptics were right to be so. I heard from a friend with a contact at AMR, the story now is, "The accident came from the driver being off line on the marbles and not a slip off the pedal".

Old 06-21-2015, 03:01 PM
Speedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud of
Really a shame. I watched almost the whole thing that was televised -- a real heart-breaker. Still good to see the Vantages run so strong, though.