Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Leather cleaner and conditioner

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-19-2015, 04:40 PM
JamesBahnd is on a distinguished road
I have been using Lexol Cleaner and Conditioner on BMW's, Mercedes, and Porsches for many years, but am reluctant to try it on my Aston. Thank you for bringing to my attention that on the Lexol Conditioner, it does say "not for use on soft leather". Have had absolutely no problem on Porsches. It works great, but will look for some thing else. Thanks!

Old 07-22-2015, 09:26 AM
911MTB will become famous soon enough
I have been using AutoGlym Leather Cleaner and the conditioner and I am very happy with the results, and the stuff smells great!

Old 07-22-2015, 09:45 PM
SealTTX50 has a spectacular aura aboutSealTTX50 has a spectacular aura about
Just purchased Connolly leather cleaner and conditioner. Heard it works well with Aston's as well as other non treated, soft leather interiors including Rolls, Bentley, Mclaren, etc...
http://www.autogeek.net/colecakit.html

Last edited by SealTTX50; 07-22-2015 at 09:52 PM.
Old 07-26-2015, 03:17 PM
V12Vin is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by 911MTB
I have been using AutoGlym Leather Cleaner and the conditioner and I am very happy with the results, and the stuff smells great!
+1 on AutoGlym products.

Old 07-26-2015, 08:33 PM
spinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by SealTTX50
Heard it works well with Aston's as well as other non treated, soft leather interiors including Rolls, Bentley, Mclaren, etc...
Same old bunk being repeated, year after year, and people still buy into it. Modern Astons and for that matter most modern cars have "treated" i.e. coated leather. It does not need replenishing / conditioning / feeding / (insert equivalent marketing crap here). There are very few cars out there today with true, uncoated, aniline leather. Don't waste your money.

Old 07-27-2015, 05:40 AM
SealTTX50 has a spectacular aura aboutSealTTX50 has a spectacular aura about
Connolly Hide Care Update

I was just about to share an update and it looks like Spinecho beat me to the punch.

I emailed Connolly about the application for their hide care product on Aston Martins. Received a reply indicating it was not appropriate for AMs (appreciate the honesty!). Interestingly, they also shared that the current leather supplier recommends a slightly damp cloth to clean the seats and no conditioner due to the coating. Returning the product and will follow manufacturers advice to stick to water on a damp cloth.
Hope this helps!

Old 08-01-2015, 01:05 PM
Speedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud of
So... if treated/coated leather doesn't "need" conditioning, and since it can still dry out, what should one do to prevent this? And if/when it gets dry, what's the remedy?

I've been using water-based conditioner (rather than oil-based) as that is "supposed" to be the right choice for treating treated/coated leather.

Old 08-01-2015, 03:55 PM
spinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to behold
Well, you are doing the right thing. Keep it hydrated. Keep the dirt off it. Keep it out of the sun. Get in and out of the car properly to minimize premature wear / cracking of the coating. Beyond that, there's not much to do...