Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

What do you do about front license plate requirements?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-04-2015, 04:28 PM
Whag460203 is on a distinguished road

Just moved to Minnesota and they require both a front and rear license plate. I don't have a holder for the front and would hate to ruin the clean lines of the car...what do you guys do? Anyone know if it's reason enough for the cop to pull me over?

Old 08-04-2015, 05:15 PM
spinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to behold
Old 08-04-2015, 05:17 PM
XJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond repute
I don't bother. Worth the ticket to not have one.

Old 08-04-2015, 05:33 PM
tko211 is a jewel in the roughtko211 is a jewel in the roughtko211 is a jewel in the rough
I NEVER put my front plates on. My state requires them but I have decided that I would rather have a ticket. I've been pulled over twice in 20 years for this offense. In one case I was ticketed and paid the 20 dollar fine -big deal…
The second time the officer glanced over the car and said yeah, I can see why you don;t want the front plate on THIS the car and let me go.

Old 08-04-2015, 05:47 PM
Vantagelvr will become famous soon enoughVantagelvr will become famous soon enough
It is a requirement for me as well in Ontario and they will ticket you for it , gotta keep up the city revenues somehow . I made a mount which is just a piece of thick sheet metal bent at a little more than 90 degrees and fastened to the front undertray with nutserts . There was a post a whole back with pics I posted but I cant find it . Even tried the search thing and it doesn't show up .

Old 08-04-2015, 05:52 PM
Vantagelvr will become famous soon enoughVantagelvr will become famous soon enough
you kind kinda see it in this pic . I deleted the close ups I had of it .

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0268.JPG
Views:	180
Size:	1.94 MB
ID:	425391  
Old 08-04-2015, 06:00 PM
CoreyC2S is just really niceCoreyC2S is just really niceCoreyC2S is just really niceCoreyC2S is just really niceCoreyC2S is just really nice
I HATE front plates. I ran no front plate on my BRZ for two years; was never stopped for it. I was about to remove it from the 911 but someone bumped me in the city and put marks on the bumper which are hidden by the plate.

I think if you draw enough attention to yourself, an officer might tack it on with other offenses (I got cited in 2007 for speeding, and no front plate), but I seldom hear of anyone being stopped strictly for that reason. A couple companies make retractable front license plate brackets that hide under the bumper. You could "James Bond" your license plate in place if stopped by the authorities: http://www.hidetheplate.com/

Last edited by CoreyC2S; 08-04-2015 at 06:06 PM.
Old 08-04-2015, 06:02 PM
Old phart is a jewel in the roughOld phart is a jewel in the roughOld phart is a jewel in the roughOld phart is a jewel in the rough
Got ticketed for it. I put one on to get the ticket cleared. Got a tinted cover for it. Doesn't look horrible but I'd rather not have it.
Option?

Old 08-04-2015, 06:25 PM
Problem with the flip plate is the first speed bump etc you go over as the vantage is so low it will be trashed . I have even scraped mine already on our wonderful paved Ontario roads . My Vantage is stock not lowered stock tires springs etc .

Old 08-04-2015, 06:50 PM
Old 08-04-2015, 07:07 PM
deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !

I got a $70 ticket just last week for a missing front plate!

Old 08-04-2015, 07:46 PM
kensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud of
Love the flip plate concept! Very JBond. But if we're photographed or officially spotted when the plate is hidden, seems that would be no defense.

Old 08-04-2015, 09:12 PM
AMCan will become famous soon enough
I have the stock mount from the factory and was wondering about mounting it below the front grill instead. I'm assuming that the factory didn't mount it on the lower section because it restricts air flow over the oil cooler. Does anyone know if blocking part of the lower intake is an issue?

Old 08-04-2015, 11:12 PM
Bleen is a glorious beacon of lightBleen is a glorious beacon of lightBleen is a glorious beacon of lightBleen is a glorious beacon of lightBleen is a glorious beacon of lightBleen is a glorious beacon of light
No front license plate in any of my sports cars ever. I got two $25 tickets, both when I left my car parked in Hollywood. Big deal...

Old 08-05-2015, 12:23 AM
wysoseereeus is just really nicewysoseereeus is just really nicewysoseereeus is just really nicewysoseereeus is just really nice
Originally Posted by Whag460203
Just moved to Minnesota and they require both a front and rear license plate. I don't have a holder for the front and would hate to ruin the clean lines of the car...what do you guys do? Anyone know if it's reason enough for the cop to pull me over?

I bought a license plate holder that uses the car's tow hook mount:

http://www.moweraxle.com/licenseplat...tinfordgt.html

Works great. Solid build quality. Easy to install and remove. No need to drill holes in your bumper. Perfectly centered (at least on the DBS). About $100.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: What do you do about front license plate requirements?