Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Vantage S used market

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-16-2015, 06:57 PM
///armin is a jewel in the rough///armin is a jewel in the rough///armin is a jewel in the rough
Vantage S used market

I have had a '13 Vantage S listed for some time now on a few forums and Autotrader but no interest so far on the car. I feel it's priced very fair with an original MSRP if $154K and it's listed at 95K. Is there a problem with the options? is it the color? Looking at Autotrader, there aren't a lot of Vantage S for sale but lots of regular Vantage? is demand for S just very low?

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...-coupe-v8.html

Old 08-16-2015, 07:04 PM
Mark8V8 will become famous soon enoughMark8V8 will become famous soon enough
Most of the features of the Vantage S are now incorporated into the Vantage Base, bigger brakes, suspension bits, etc. To make things more difficult for Vantage S Owners the 2015 Vantage GT sells for under $110K new and has the same HP figures as the Vantage S. I do like the S stitching in the Vantage S.. I see your car is Sport Shift and many want the manual. The car is beautiful I love the interior color and the exterior color as well. GLWS.

Last edited by Mark8V8; 08-16-2015 at 07:06 PM.
Old 08-16-2015, 07:31 PM
IbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant future
Your interior colors are difficult. You need to be patient enough to wait for the person who wants an S AND likes those colors. Or, you need to be willing to keep dropping your price until color doesn't mater.

Too bad, but truth. I bought mine knowing it had some liabilities BECAUSE it was the colors I wanted. Your's is really nice and if I hadn't already gotten mine...

Old 08-16-2015, 11:56 PM
Korntera has a spectacular aura aboutKorntera has a spectacular aura aboutKorntera has a spectacular aura about
Looks like a great car and is priced fair, and while I like the interior it's different and not for everybody. These cars take a while to sell since each is so unique. There is a great Aston here in Portland that's been at the dealer for months and it's priced nicely, I would have bought it but they didn't take my trade so I sold private party and bought another car.

Just checked, car was for sale when I bought mine in March and is still for sale for the same price.
Also saw two other 2012/13 V8VS for more than yours with more miles and similar options.

Last edited by Korntera; 08-17-2015 at 12:01 AM.
Old 08-17-2015, 12:55 AM
EZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud of
Beautiful Car and nice interior as well. There are not that many S models out there and are a wonderful upgrade from the standard V8V. But the new GT did muddy the water. Selling it privately makes some people nervous so be patient. Great car and priced very fairly.

Old 08-17-2015, 10:16 AM
CoreyC2S is just really niceCoreyC2S is just really niceCoreyC2S is just really niceCoreyC2S is just really niceCoreyC2S is just really nice
Beautiful color combo in my opinion; not my choice of transmission, however. GLWS

Old 08-17-2015, 11:11 AM
XJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond repute
I like everything about the car (trans, ext color, int combo) and so did my OH when I showed her the photos and asked what she thought of it, colorwise.

I have lots of trouble finding Astons I like because I will absolutely not buy a black car, nor will I buy one with an all-black interior. This hugely reduces the number of cars available to me.

You'll find a buyer who wants what you have and will pay for it, because he can't just move on to the next one.

Old 08-17-2015, 02:44 PM
Prefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud of
The two tone colors severely limits the market I think - I did that mistake on my first Vantage, whereas my second one is just sandstorm 100% looks a lot better, same exterior color as yours.

It would not be a deal breaker if I was looking at a used Vantage S for me, but that's me.

Old 08-17-2015, 11:13 PM
spikemd is just really nicespikemd is just really nicespikemd is just really nicespikemd is just really nice
Originally Posted by XJRS Owner

I have lots of trouble finding Astons I like because I will absolutely not buy a black car, nor will I buy one with an all-black interior. This hugely reduces the number of cars available to me.
Ditto. That's what sold me on my car, no black. I watched the market for over 6 months with some cars still on the market today. Mileage can hurt and 9.5k miles in 2 years is a decent amount for these cars.

I really like your color scheme as it is very close to mine without the two tone seats. Also, the chocolate color doesn't photograph well. Take another pic of the interior without the flash so it appears darker which is closer to what it looks like in person.

I also agree that as cool as the GT is, it really hurt current owners.

GLWS.

Last edited by spikemd; 08-17-2015 at 11:18 PM.
Old 08-18-2015, 09:39 AM
deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !
It bugs me that people think 4.5k miles a year is too much for an Aston Martin. They aren't fragile Ferrari's worth hundreds of thousands of dollars. It's a horrible state of affairs when you buy a car but are afraid to drive it lest you destroy its resale value.

Old 08-18-2015, 09:59 AM
IbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by deckman
It bugs me that people think 4.5k miles a year is too much for an Aston Martin. They aren't fragile Ferrari's worth hundreds of thousands of dollars. It's a horrible state of affairs when you buy a car but are afraid to drive it lest you destroy its resale value.
Don't despair. I've just come back from my second 700 mile round trip in my V8VS from SoCal to Silicon Valley in as many months. It's a wonderful road trip car, a GT through and through. Sure, I'm chipping away at some future resale value, but it's worth every penny.

Sadly, miles on a premium, limited production car are always a ding on future value. Such is the reality of car value. Super low mileage Vantages may be worth more some day, but I'm not willing to wait that long or worry about that. I for one, bought mine for driving!

Old 08-18-2015, 11:22 AM
deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !
My car had 4500 miles when I bought it a few months ago. The warranty expires the end of March so I am actively trying to put as many miles as possible on it between now and then. I hope to expose any problems that way. 2000 miles later and no problems yet and I'm having fun!

To the OP, you have a nice car. I like the colors. For comparison, mine is a 13, had an MSRP over $140k (well optioned), is a 6MT so not an S, but like I said had 4500 miles. I paid $87.5K in a private sale. Just use that as a data point.

Last edited by deckman; 08-18-2015 at 11:28 AM.