Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

2014 Aston Martin Vanquish Problems

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-21-2015, 09:02 AM
telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by terminal_ac

Side note: 8 months later is suspect.
Still curious about this

Old 08-21-2015, 09:48 AM
gulf gt is on a distinguished road

Last edited by gulf gt; 10-05-2015 at 08:53 PM.
Old 08-21-2015, 10:20 AM
XJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond repute
You never addressed our comment that you were not looking at the odo regarding the 98 miles, so that is no longer an issue for you, right? That being said, are you sure you were looking at the odo when you said the car arrived with 420 miles showing (vs the 333 at oil change)? That very well could be a miles till empty with a full tank.

Again, the other issues are real and there is no excuse for a dealership to sell you such an expensive car under the pretense that it is perfect, esp considering the obvious paint issues.

Old 08-21-2015, 10:29 AM
terminal_ac is a splendid one to beholdterminal_ac is a splendid one to beholdterminal_ac is a splendid one to beholdterminal_ac is a splendid one to beholdterminal_ac is a splendid one to beholdterminal_ac is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by gulf gt

As far as being a used car, 1 year old, and yes it was used 98 miles, sorry... 420 miles. I think "used" would be a "relative" term and most people would probably not expect their used car with these many miles to have this many problems.

These are not 8 month old issues. All the leather and interior problems and front diffuser were delivered that way (see photos and shipper's document). The paint started to fail within just a few months and we have had automotive paint experts examine the car. This is paint failure. You can definitely see it in the one close up of the carbon fiber roof where it is lifting off. These are paint problems spread out across the car. I have had a nationally recognized automotive paint expert examine the paint along with others, and would like to comment more on that but for legal reasons cannot at this time. I will discuss with my attorney and see what I can post.

While the issues may not be 8 months old, the question is why did it take you so long to make a "stink" about them?

Okay, the paint peel can happen over time. However, this is a warranty issue, and should be dealt with as such. FWIW, I manufacturer is allowed to paint a certain percentage of a new car before they have to tell you. Sometimes cars get damaged in transit.

Your problem is that the car is used, whether it was 90 miles or 400 miles it was identified as such.

The leather and interior problems were staring you in your face, as was the front carbon fiber skirt. Everything you listed is not a big deal, expect for the paint. You can bolt in/out new carbon fiber pieces, and the leather dash can be repaired (very easily at that).

Me think's there more to the story than what appears. Have you even approached the dealership to simply allow them to make good on the transaction.

Again, why did you wait 8 months to point out your displeasure?

Old 08-21-2015, 10:53 AM

Old 08-21-2015, 11:03 AM
XJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond repute
Sorry, good question. The point of that photograph was to show that the only pic in their entire ad was that pic of the odometer.

But the point of the miles is that here they advertised 98, still advertised 98 even after the contract was signed (see screenshot from ad with date),
But that is unambiguously NOT a photo of the odometer, it is of the tach display panel, whereas the odo is on the left display panel that is part of the speedo. So the dealer used a wrong photo in the ad and the number from said photo as the car's mileage. Clearly a simple mistake on their ad writer's part. The 98 miles thing is a red herring, and you really shouldn't even mention it again, since it it not relevant to anything.

Old 08-21-2015, 11:12 AM

Old 08-21-2015, 11:20 AM

Last edited by gulf gt; 10-05-2015 at 08:54 PM.
Old 08-21-2015, 11:22 AM
terminal_ac is a splendid one to beholdterminal_ac is a splendid one to beholdterminal_ac is a splendid one to beholdterminal_ac is a splendid one to beholdterminal_ac is a splendid one to beholdterminal_ac is a splendid one to behold
Simple answer, discussions about resolving this are at a stalemate, and again if I were buying a car from a dealer, I would like to know what others have had as an experience from that dealer.

As far as all the damage it was delivered with not being a big deal, I guess I feel different about that. I personally don't expect "authorized" dealers to deliver cars to me in that condition, especially with such low mileage. In my opinion that damage also points to how the car was treated by that dealer, as that can effect future condition arising from that treatment.

On second thought, "big deal" perhaps is not the best way to put it. However, if they are being les than apologetic and forthright in attempting to put things right, then you well within the bounds of decency to raise a stink.

I agree with you about the damage in that it indicates the car was treated in a less than ideal manner. I can see how confidence in that car would now be missing.

FWIW, I've sold cars for lessor reasons (e.g., wife splashed coffee in the interior). So I fully understand your position.

The only think I don't get is why it took 8 months for all this to come to light. You should never have accepted delivery, IMHO of course.

Old 08-21-2015, 11:28 AM
cret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond repute
for 8 months of ownership, did you drive the car? what's the mileage now?

Old 08-21-2015, 11:36 AM

Last edited by gulf gt; 10-05-2015 at 08:54 PM.
Old 08-21-2015, 01:04 PM
07sportspack will become famous soon enough
My2 cents- two questions; ARE you keeping the car or NOT??

Keeping the car! - have ALL the issues taken care of under warranty understanding the value may be affected by the documented list of repairs.

Not planning to keep the car- Do whatever you have to in order to return it !

In either case go in person to the dealership with solid appointments to see THE decision maker. I wish you would have made the trip prior to purchase. Raising the issue after 8 months causes questions- don't wait till month 9 or 10!

Old 08-21-2015, 01:30 PM

Last edited by gulf gt; 10-05-2015 at 08:55 PM.
Old 08-21-2015, 01:47 PM
Jeff Young is on a distinguished road
I bought a V12 Vantage sight unseen from Scotsdale. Good folks to work with.

But I had a few similar issues. My car had more mileage and I didn't ask for a PPI, so while I was told like new, when it showed up with scratches in the matte black paint (can't be paint corrected), scratches on the splitter, and scratches on the ally shift **** (did the guy who owned this thing have a Super Bowl ring?? good grief).

I didn't complain as it was on me and I do love the car.

By the way, pretty convinced mine sat in the sun for a long time too. I had the same leather peeling issue on the dash a few months after I got the car. AM fixed it under warranty.

Old 08-21-2015, 01:56 PM
CoreyC2S is just really niceCoreyC2S is just really niceCoreyC2S is just really niceCoreyC2S is just really niceCoreyC2S is just really nice
Were all of these issues present upon delivery or did they arise over the 8 months?

I would have sent that back to Scottsdale so fast... I would raise a stink if it were a Toyota Camry with those issues, nevermind a Vanquish that costs as much as a small house! Even if they were selling the car "as-is", it's clearly been misrepresented. Usually, highline dealerships are better at not abusing their inventory while it's in their care, but there are always exceptions.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 2014 Aston Martin Vanquish Problems