Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

2014 Aston Martin Vanquish Problems

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-21-2015, 01:57 PM
gulf gt is on a distinguished road

Last edited by gulf gt; 10-05-2015 at 08:56 PM.
Old 08-21-2015, 01:59 PM
Jeff Young is on a distinguished road
9,000 I think? Way more than yours.

Old 08-21-2015, 02:12 PM

Last edited by gulf gt; 10-05-2015 at 08:56 PM.
Old 08-21-2015, 02:17 PM
Originally Posted by Jeff Young
9,000 I think? Way more than yours.
I had not seen the V12 Vantage in person, and the other day I was at my local dealer and he had black metallic on black, just sick, I mean sick looking car. I love that car too.

Old 08-21-2015, 04:49 PM
IbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant future
Why must the car selling business remain locked in this old cliche? What other business sector gets away with this BS? Is it because so much of their business is one time only and once they've got the money, there's little impact on their business no matter how they've screwed you?

I bought my first AM pre-owned, sight unseen from an AM dealer (Newport Beach). And it was great. Excellent transaction, product exactly as advertised. Bought my second one (the current one) sight unseen from a non Aston dealer. While I love the car and the price was right, I'll always do a personal inspection from now on. Upon delivery, I inspected the car and began finding issues: peeling leather, rear bumper damage, tires worn WAY beyond what was reported, and a manual that, while an actual Vantage manual, was clearly NOT the original. I called them on all of this and, to my shock, they actually sent me a check for the full amount of the difference. But I got lucky.
Personal (by me) inspections from now on.

Finally, a message to dealers. If you can't afford a covered area to store the Aston Martins you want to sell, maybe you shouldn't be selling them. Direct sun destroys everytying, exotic or not. Parking a six figure car in the sun, especially in the south/southwest, is just lazy and cheap. If you're parking it outdoors, at least cover/shade the glass.

Ok, one more thing. If you lie or omit (same as lying) about the product you're selling, that's fraud. Selling a car doesn't give you a pass. And we buyers need to stop accepting that a little bit of fraud is ok if the car is pre-owned.

Old 08-21-2015, 05:47 PM
larryg is on a distinguished road
A one year old car with a few hundred miles should be expected to be essentially a new vehicle. Any serious issue and it simply isn't a car worth purchasing. As particular as I am,
I may have purchased this car without personal inspection based on mileage, pictures, selling dealer and description.
As I stated in an earlier post, this car should have been sent back to Scottsdale immediately.
Sure smells like fraud

Old 08-21-2015, 05:58 PM
Ron Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to behold
As stated in earlier post, what happened to you was horrible! This should not happen with sales of cars at this price rang. I purchased my vantage a 2007 last August from a well-known dealer Galpin in the San Fernando Valley. The car had 2800 miles on it and I saw the car multiple times. It was in like new condition.The Previous owner kept it covered in his hanger at the airport. There was only some slight wear on the side of the seat bolster where you get in and out of the car. The Car did not have a clear bra on it when I purchased it. I immediately had a clear bra system installed. There were a few little road chips in front of the rear wheels on the sides of the car and that's it.
So even an eight-year-old car and look almost new and well taken care of correctly.
Ron

Last edited by Ron Avery; 08-21-2015 at 09:32 PM.
Old 08-22-2015, 04:44 AM
larryg is on a distinguished road
I actually purchased a new 2014 V8V with 104 miles in late May of this year from Aston Martin of Washington DC. I specifically asked them how their cars are stored and was told that they are displayed in their showroom, positioned under a large tent or in a warehouse.
The car arrived in a single car enclosed trailer in perfect condition. It clearly hadn't been baked in the sun.
Good people at this facility

Old 08-22-2015, 07:53 AM
007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of
That is very odd. I bought my 2nd vantage from Penke Audi dealership in Scottsdale (their sister dealership) and had the best experience of my life. Not only did they accurately show the mint condition of they car but they even replaced the battery free of charge and provided all 5 key & key fobs from previous owner (who was very maticulous). They sent me dozens of pictures and reported everything super accurately.

I did try pay for them to do an inspection report, and they insisted on not taking payment and did a report anyways (which is when they found the battery was low and replaced it free of charge)

I guess the problem is Aston dealerships in general. Most of them are not very good at what they do (although I do love Aston Martin Beverly Hills, the O'Gara team is awesome).

Sorry to hear the negative experience

Old 08-24-2015, 02:18 PM

Last edited by gulf gt; 10-05-2015 at 08:57 PM.
Old 08-24-2015, 03:45 PM
mkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud of
Wow sorry to hear about your experience.

Old 08-24-2015, 09:50 PM
Thank you.

Last edited by gulf gt; 08-24-2015 at 11:54 PM.
Old 08-24-2015, 11:56 PM
spf1410 has a spectacular aura aboutspf1410 has a spectacular aura about
So very sorry to hear of the loss of your son. My condolences and sympathy to you and your family.

Old 08-25-2015, 01:20 PM
Ron Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to behold
Oh my God, I am so sorry about your son. I don't even know how you are getting along even now. I hope that some how this get's worked out.
Ron

Old 08-25-2015, 10:58 PM
UltraAston is on a distinguished road
Really sorry to hear about your son. I can't even imagine. My condolences.

In the context of this thread and the situation, it's no wonder you took delivery of the car and didn't "deal with things" right away.....you were rightfully preoccupied with more important things. I know one of the sales guys over there...first name begins with a "K". I hope Aston of America does the right thing here ...what an unfortunate situation. I say Aston of America because it seems fairly clear the dealership isn't doing the right thing and just negating any responsibility.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 2014 Aston Martin Vanquish Problems