Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Leather type: MY09 V8V

Old 09-28-2015, 02:34 AM
00aston is on a distinguished road
Leather type: MY09 V8V

I have seen the words "Premium Leather" used for describing the leather used on the 09'V8V.

But in order to determine which leather care product to use due to a lack of proper care from the previous owner, I'd love to know what type of leather is actually used. I have also seen references made to a semi-aniline leather. Is this correct? If so, how is it a "semi" aniline?

Old 09-28-2015, 07:48 AM
XJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by 00aston
I have seen the words "Premium Leather" used for describing the leather used on the 09'V8V.

But in order to determine which leather care product to use due to a lack of proper care from the previous owner, I'd love to know what type of leather is actually used. I have also seen references made to a semi-aniline leather. Is this correct? If so, how is it a "semi" aniline?
I think only the DBS (and maybe the V12V ?) uses semi-aniline (which smells spectacular compared to the regular stuff even after several years). You have the regular leather, all sourced from Bridge of Weir. BoW recommends a damp cloth with warm water, nothing else. Check out their web site for more info.

Old 09-28-2015, 08:08 AM
deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !
Look at the link below for an explanation of different leather types and dying processes.

http://www.mckinleyleatherfurniture....hp#semianiline