Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

DB7 Vantage MY2000 stop lamp failure....losing my hair over this

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-05-2015, 02:07 PM
bknight is on a distinguished road
DB7 Vantage MY2000 stop lamp failure....losing my hair over this

Hello to everyone. Looking for any help I can get. Took the car in for an annual PA inspection and the stop lamps would not work. The mechanic and I went over everything (lamps, fuses, relay, broken circuit, brake switch) and all were fine. Using the DB7 Workshop Manual, Circuit Sheet 11, the circuit includes the gearshift interlock module, ABS ECU, key transponder module, OBDII connector and Diode 9. The brake petal switch has power to both sides which I think rules out the key transponder and the OBDII connector. I tore apart the center console and replaced the gearshift interlock module to no avail. I have no idea where to find the ABS ECU or Diode 9.
Has anyone experienced a similar issue? All help is appreciated.

In an (hopefully) unrelated issue, the dash airbag light had come on. Based upon the flashes there is "high resistance at the squib(sp?). Any ideas where to find the "squib"?

My best to all.

Old 11-05-2015, 03:10 PM
yvr
yvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud of
Not many DB7 owners here. You'll have better luck at amoc.org in the Bloxham section -- it's quite active, with lots of DB7 expertise.

Old 11-05-2015, 05:30 PM
XJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond repute
+1 to the above

Old 06-22-2021, 12:48 PM
konguid is an unknown quantity at this point
2001 DB7 Vantage V12 Stop light failure

Having the same issue you had, were you able to solve it and how?

thanks,