Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Jalopnik contributor buys a V8V for his next car

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-06-2016, 12:52 PM
WG_moots has a spectacular aura aboutWG_moots has a spectacular aura aboutWG_moots has a spectacular aura about
Jalopnik contributor buys a V8V for his next car

If you regularly read the Jalopnik website, you will have read about the exploits of Doug DeMuro ... he recently owned an H1 Hummer and an imported 1990 GTR. For his next trick, he purchased a 4.3L V8V with an "unlimited bumper to bumper factory warranty". He plans tell to bad jokes and DD it for a year.

http://oppositelock.kinja.com/hark-the-doug-car-is-here-1751395360"]The next Doug car is here

Last edited by WG_moots; 01-07-2016 at 07:20 AM. Reason: fixed the link
Old 01-06-2016, 12:59 PM
Ellipsis is on a distinguished road
Doug was amusing at first but lately he's desperate for views. His headlines are always clickbait. I do hope he enjoys his car though. Only a matter of time before he joins these forums.

Old 01-06-2016, 01:56 PM
Ron Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to behold
I hate to burst his bubble but I have the same warranty on almost the same car and it does not cover trim parts. Also the car has 380 hp not 385. I find him to be irritating!
Ron

Old 01-06-2016, 02:10 PM
telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !
The comments on FB are brutal. They pretty much echo your comments... and the YouTube comments... and the Kinja comments... and the Japolnik comments... I believe this qualifies as a consensus. I'm sure he's already browsed the forums, not sure if he'll post.

Old 01-06-2016, 03:10 PM
telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !
Here's the accompanying Jalopnik article...

http://jalopnik.com/i-bought-a-45-000-aston-martin-with-an-unlimited-milea-1751337202

Already has the emissions light on lol. /facepalm

This is going to be a sh!tshow.

Old 01-06-2016, 04:52 PM
mkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud of
After reading his ferrari articles, and being on ferrari chat myself, I am not looking forward to his articles or him being on this forum... mainly because I feel like he will just trash the perception of the car for click / views, and that my friends will think its true and annoy the hell out of me, like they already are over fb haha.

He is also local to me as well, so not sure how I feel about meeting him in person... though I am sure he is a very nice guy. Just don't want to end up on his articles lol

Old 01-06-2016, 05:07 PM
deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !
Comments from people who certainly don't own an Aston, probably have never driven an Aston, and some of whom may never have set eyes upon an Aston. I would LOVE to see what each of them drive themselves.

Old 01-06-2016, 05:18 PM
Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !
Well I've driven one, I've been writing about cars since 2009, member of two Automotive journalist organizations, 4 driving schools and have tracked dozens and reviewed many including the P1 & LaF. I find many Jalopnik articles lacking in actual automotive knowledge.

Old 01-07-2016, 12:22 PM
So I ended up reaching out to him. Just a quick email, but didn't point him back here (or anywhere). I have a feeling the exposure he often gets for these articles is going to lead to a lot of misinformation due to lack of understanding about what he's gotten himself into. If he was surprised by the emissions CEL, chances are he didn't do his due diligence before buying the car.

I'd rather be proactive about it than watch the mess that ensues.

Originally Posted by Deuuuce
I find many Jalopnik articles lacking in actual automotive knowledge.
I skim through their articles whenever something looks interesting. I've always considered their work to cater more towards the "casual" automotive enthusiast. Look at the parent company - it covers everything from automotive to gadgets to anime to sci-fi... they aren't exactly laser-focused on a given topic.

Those of us that are looking for more in-depth content tend to be involved in it and join forums to be a part of the discussion, rather than just passively reading about it.

Old 01-07-2016, 02:05 PM
mkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud of
Did you watch that video? He was so obnoxious about how his car was 45k and had a warranty lol

Old 01-07-2016, 03:06 PM
captain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by deckman
Comments from people who certainly don't own an Aston, probably have never driven an Aston, and some of whom may never have set eyes upon an Aston. I would LOVE to see what each of them drive themselves.
Good Post!

as far as this idiot is concerned who is he? what does he contribute to society?

Im not from the USA so am unaware of his existence.
Last thing, what is his definition of driving?..... can he drift like Tiff or drive like the stig..if not his comments will fall on deaf ears in SA!

Old 01-07-2016, 04:05 PM
Originally Posted by captain Greg
Last thing, what is his definition of driving?..... can he drift like Tiff or drive like the stig..if not his comments will fall on deaf ears in SA!
He is a self employed auto journalist, he writes and post on a single website.

His brand of auto journalism compose of buying a used ferrari 360 and writing about how it attracts more attention from guys than girls, buying a japanese RHD car and taking it to the nissan dealer to see how they react, buying a used range rover with a warranty and then writing about how much he saved from all the warranty related repairs.

You get the idea how his aston articles will go...

Last edited by mkzhang; 01-08-2016 at 10:11 AM.
Old 01-07-2016, 05:02 PM
Don't forget buying an H1 Hummer and trying to drive it through a congested city...

Old 01-08-2016, 04:54 AM
captain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to behold
wish he would buy an R8,...those guys seem to have to justify there purchase and are always trying to get my attention. Telling its better and its this and its that

R8 needs a jurno like him then Aston Martin drivers will ignore him, we are not that fastest we are not the sexiest, we drive a gentlemans with nothing to prove to anyone spots car.

Old 01-08-2016, 09:46 AM
WG_moots has a spectacular aura aboutWG_moots has a spectacular aura aboutWG_moots has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by mkzhang
He is a self employed auto journalist, he writes and post on a single website.

He's brand of auto journalism composed of buying a used ferrari 360 and writing about how it attracts more attention from guys than girls, buying a japanese RHD car and taking it to the nissan dealer to see how they react, buying a used range rover with a warranty and then writing about how much he saved from all the warranty related repairs.

You get the idea how his aston articles will go...
Ha! Exactly.

He will exaggerate everything to make his articles "entertaining" to the Jalopnik crowd.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Jalopnik contributor buys a V8V for his next car