Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Aston Owner Profiles

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-14-2016, 11:37 AM
cmargosi is a glorious beacon of lightcmargosi is a glorious beacon of lightcmargosi is a glorious beacon of lightcmargosi is a glorious beacon of lightcmargosi is a glorious beacon of lightcmargosi is a glorious beacon of light
Aston Owner Profiles

So, the earlier post about Aston owner profiles got me wondering. Who really drives Aston Martins around the world, what do we do, how old are we, etc.

So here goes:

Car: 2015 Aston Martin Vanquish, Meteorite Gray

Owner: 39 year old male, married 2 kids (4 and 7)

Occupation: Commercial Real Estate Investor / Developer, owner of business

Hobbies: Cars and Racing, Watches / Collecting, Running, Snowboarding, Chicago Cubs!!!! (long suffering seasons ticket holder)

Other Cars: 12 Cayenne, 09 911 CS Cabriolet, 07 Cayman S Race Car, 16 RR Sport (wife's car)

I'd love to hear from more of you. Aston, no charge for this market research. Hopefully we can even make some connections beyond our love of Aston Martins.

Charley

Last edited by cmargosi; 01-15-2016 at 03:47 PM.
Old 01-14-2016, 11:44 AM
mkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud of
Hey Charley! I am learning about real estate investment (for personal sake) right now, would love the opportunity for a chat

car: 2007 v8 vantage

owner: 27, no kids, no wife

hobbies: literally the two biggest consumption of my time outside of work is driving around in my cars and video games

other cars: 2016 land rover disco sport

Old 01-14-2016, 11:51 AM
IbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant future
Hi Charlie. Thanks for your intro. This topic comes up every now and then and gets mixed reactions. Some find it unpleasant or too revealing, others find it interesting. I'm in the latter camp. What I find most interesting is, at least in the subset of Aston owners who hang out on this forum, many of us are not secret agents, hedge fund billionaires, ball players, or British royalty.

Me?
Car: 2012 V8 Vantage S (second AM, first was '08 V8V)
Owner: 48 y.o. male, divorced, no kids
Occupation: themed attraction producer/creative director (think Harry Potter land at Universal theme parks). Also dabbling in commercial real estate so my day job has become less and less important
Hobbies: see real estate note above, bicycling (mostly on dirt), don't race anymore but used to. I have a silly number of bikes but I do ride all of them
Other cars: '11 GTI

Old 01-14-2016, 12:13 PM
telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !
Car: 2007 V8 Vantage
Owner: 32 yr old male, no wife or kids
Occupation: big data analytics by day, small business owner by night
Hobbies: cars, food, travel
Other cars: 2006 Toyota 4Runner

Originally Posted by IbisRider
Hi Charlie. Thanks for your intro. This topic comes up every now and then and gets mixed reactions. Some find it unpleasant or too revealing, others find it interesting. I'm in the latter camp. What I find most interesting is, at least in the subset of Aston owners who hang out on this forum, many of us are not secret agents, hedge fund billionaires, ball players, or British royalty.
Yeah, definitely. I used to be pretty comfortable behind the internet's veil of anonymity until people started recognizing me at events and whatnot. Figured I might as well just own it. The internet can be either terrifying or empowering. By stepping out of the shadows, I'm hoping it's the latter for me.

... I didn't mean for that to be so... artistic.

Last edited by telum01; 01-14-2016 at 12:20 PM.
Old 01-14-2016, 12:27 PM
PNW
PNW is on a distinguished road
Long time lurker - first time poster. Figured this thread was a good place to start. :-)

Car: 2008 DB9 in BRG

I'm 35. I have a wife and no kids. I live in the Seattle area.

Occupation: Engineer, specializing in fastening and assembly. Basically, my job involves how to put stuff together and not have it fall apart.

Hobbies: I enjoy working with my hands whether it's on cars, or in the yard, or around the house. I've done numerous house remodel and landscape projects. I'm also restoring a 1952 Muntz Jet in my cramped 2 car garage.

Other notable cars: 1997 Land Rover Defender. It's my other fun weekend car for when I want to get off the pavement. I also have the Muntz Jet mentioned above.

Just want to also say that I love this forum and it's been invaluable to me on several occasions when work needs to get done on the Aston. Cheers to you all!

Old 01-14-2016, 12:29 PM
telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !
Welcome!

Old 01-14-2016, 01:32 PM
MrCLOS has a spectacular aura aboutMrCLOS has a spectacular aura aboutMrCLOS has a spectacular aura about
Yes! Thank you for the thread. I've been meaning to make a formal introduction myself. Using your format...

Car: 2010 Aston Martin Rapide, Jet Black/Kestrel Tan, 13K miles (purchased Nov 15)

Owner: 31 year old male, married, 2 kids (1 and 3)

Occupation: I own a procurement/engineering business that caters the Energy sector, mainly Oil & Gas

Hobbies: I'm a family man first, all cars, all sports, travelling comes to mind...

Other Cars: 16 RDX (wife), 13 Accord (commuter), 86 Land Rover D90 (money pit)

Nice to meet you all. Looking forward to unravel the mysteries of $1,500 oil changes...

*PNW - great minds think alike. I'm a sucker for all things Defender...

Last edited by MrCLOS; 01-14-2016 at 01:38 PM.
Old 01-14-2016, 04:44 PM
Hedged is a jewel in the roughHedged is a jewel in the roughHedged is a jewel in the rough
Always helpful….cheers to a great community of enthusiasts!

Car: 2014 V8V 6-spd roadster, Quantum Silver

Owner: 58 year old male, married 2 kids

Hobbies: Cars, jazz, mid-century design, fitness, global economic affairs

Other Cars: CX9, previously 59 Porsche Convertible D, 73 Stag, 68 Chevelle, 72 280SE 4.5 & various run-abouts

Old 01-14-2016, 05:00 PM
EZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud of
Through the years on 6speed I have found most people friendly, helpful and interesting.

2011 Vantage S Roadster, Moran Black exterior (looks like Rootbeer) Sierra Tan interior.

I'm 57, married with 5 kids, and 3 grandchildren. Occupation is a Cooking Show Host. Favorite pastime is travel, golf, grandchildren.

Other cars are Porsche Cayenne Turbo, Mercedes E350, Mini Cooper S. Sold my Highly modified Porsche 911 Turbo.

Live in Northern California.

Old 01-14-2016, 05:23 PM
nycabman will become famous soon enough
Also a long time lurker, haven't posted in a while. Thanks for the thread.

2012 Virage, tungsten silver, bitter chocolate interior. Great car, only built it for a year, squeaky ceramic brakes !

I am 48, married with 2 girls - 12,14
Grew up in the business and ran a fleet of NYC taxicabs, got out before uber !
Hobbies include tons of golf, beach, and boating during the summer out east on Long Island, and wine consumption.

Other cars : DD 2013 bmw 750li, 2015 bmw i8 ( awesome !), 2007 Porsche 911 targa 4s ( yellow), 1997 Land Rover defender 90 ( yellow ! ) and 2015 suburban

Location is Westchester, NY, Amagansett in the summer.

Great to be a part of this and Cheers to my fellow Defender guys !

Old 01-14-2016, 06:41 PM
bluebarchetta is a glorious beacon of lightbluebarchetta is a glorious beacon of lightbluebarchetta is a glorious beacon of lightbluebarchetta is a glorious beacon of lightbluebarchetta is a glorious beacon of lightbluebarchetta is a glorious beacon of light
Don't get to the forum as much as I'd like

Car: 08 Vantage Roadster, white exterior, black interior, 3 pedals, many mods
Owner: 52, Single, one 17yr old college freshman daughter
Hobbies: Racing Cars in 2 different Series, Golf, Coaching HS Golf
Other Cars: F150 Daily, S2000 race car, BMW 325is race car

Old 01-14-2016, 11:50 PM
007JB has a spectacular aura about007JB has a spectacular aura about007JB has a spectacular aura about
Aston Martin Owners Profile

Me?
Car: current 2013 V8 Vantage 6 speed, Volcano Red, Previous Aston '08 V8 convertible, (sold it)
Owner: 46 y.o. male, married, 2 boys 15 &13
Occupation: owner of Smog & General Auto Repair shop in Pasadena, Ca
Hobbies: family, friends, playing soccer, watching soccer,
Other cars: Daily driver 98 BMW 5 series(supercharged), 2003 BMW X5 4.6is,(beast) 1970 Chevelle BB 454, (restored from ground up), 2016 Subaru Crosstrek (wifes car) 99 Ranger pickup(shop truck),

Love the 6speed aston owners forum. Very nice people &very helpful.

Last edited by 007JB; 03-22-2016 at 05:00 PM.
Old 01-15-2016, 06:49 AM
alexhuth will become famous soon enough
Any one younger?

Car: 2007 Aston Martin V8 Vantage

Owner:26 year old, Married, two kids one is 21 days old other is 1 year

Hobbies: Cars, video games, filming, firearms, motorcycles

Other Cars: 2007 Kia optima(boooyaaaa) and a 2015 Toyota Corrola

Old 01-15-2016, 07:52 AM
Originally Posted by alexhuth
Any one younger?
p1nky_up is 24

Old 01-15-2016, 08:00 AM
alexhuth will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by telum01
p1nky_up is 24
Shucks I knew I should have worked harder!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Aston Owner Profiles