Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Vantage service cost....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-18-2016, 06:32 PM
Cloneman315 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by ncamv8
My 2015 Vantage just had it's first service at Foreign Cars Italia. The service was $899, and just over $1000 after taxes and disposal fees. They did oil and brake fluid, plus all the inspections. I was in and out in about 6 hours.
I am outside hickory nc and have not been able to find a local indie shop. I have been doing all my maintaince and service etc myself. You just need to jump in and try it.

Old 04-18-2016, 06:44 PM
deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Yorick
Amsoil makes a 75W-90 manual transaxle GL4 oil (don't use GL5 oil because it causes increased synchro ring wear) for about $12 per quart. Get Castrol TWS 10W-60 engine oil from a BMW dealer at a fraction of what AM dealers sell it for.
Not that I own an Aston - but I use that oil in my real BMW (2 wheeled)..

BMW no longer carries it. Your friendly Audi dealer should - it's used in the high-performance version of the R8. It also was way cheaper then from BMW - about $9/liter from Audi parts department.

Old 04-18-2016, 08:29 PM
ncamv8 is a name known to allncamv8 is a name known to allncamv8 is a name known to allncamv8 is a name known to allncamv8 is a name known to allncamv8 is a name known to all
Originally Posted by Cloneman315
I am outside hickory nc and have not been able to find a local indie shop. I have been doing all my maintaince and service etc myself. You just need to jump in and try it.
Hickory is nice town, We have stopped and gotten BBQ, i think, at place called Dickey's. I go though there once or twice a year on my way to Tennessee or Asheville.

On the service cost, I could do the service myself. I restore cars for a hobby and have my own shop and lift. IMHO, it's more that for a brand new car that was north of $100K spending a grand a year in service cost until the warranty is out, or I trade it in makes it easier to sell.

If I sell it myself, or trade it in, it's easy to say I bought it at the dealer and had it serviced there. If I do decide to keep the car I can service it myself once it's out of warranty and I don't have to worry about. Right now I'm really contemplating the 2018 vantage, or when the new style comes out, so enjoying this car for now, and will decide what to do once I see the new vantage.