Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

07 DB9 Emissions & Gearbox faults

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-23-2016, 12:03 PM
randyb will become famous soon enoughrandyb will become famous soon enough
07 DB9 Emissions & Gearbox faults

Every time I get the emissions message, I usually get the gearbox fault message and car will not go into reverse. Gearbox fault does not always happen when the emissions message pops up, but I have never had the gearbox fault without the emissions fault coming on also.
Another thing, the emissions message only comes on when I start the car, never happens while driving.
I read on another forum, that something similar happened to someone and that when he charged the battery, the faults went away.
I know my jag starts acting up when the battery charge gets low or the battery is on its last legs.

Anybody else have this issue.

Codes P0705 Transmission A circuit sensor
P2800 Transmission B circuit sensor

Last edited by randyb; 01-23-2016 at 01:33 PM.
Old 01-23-2016, 07:38 PM
07sportspack will become famous soon enough
Don't have or want the issue - When you mention "battery" if I were in your position I would know the age and condition of the battery. It seems weak and old batteries are not very compatible with Aston's. The battery is an easy swap (see DYI section). I've seen too many trouble post where the issue began with a weak or old battery. I changed mine last year after a weak cranking start . Just good Preventive Maintenance in my opinion. Good luck

Old 01-23-2016, 10:01 PM
randyb will become famous soon enoughrandyb will become famous soon enough
Dealer said they put in a new battery, but I do not trust them, will test the battery tomorrow.

Old 11-17-2019, 05:53 PM
Wildcat1212 is a glorious beacon of lightWildcat1212 is a glorious beacon of lightWildcat1212 is a glorious beacon of lightWildcat1212 is a glorious beacon of lightWildcat1212 is a glorious beacon of light
HI I ALSO HAVE P2800 COSE PLUS P1712 , P0483.

CAN you update us what happened to the issue?

Old 11-18-2019, 03:34 PM
Phil57DBS is an unknown quantity at this point
DB9 OBD II Diagnostic Manual Preliminary Issue :

Fault Code Definition P0483 - Fan Performance -
MIL Status This code will not light the MIL lamp.

Fault Code Definition P1712 Transmission torque reduction request signal fault.
MIL Status This code will light the MIL lamp.
P1712 Fault Analysis
1. Connect the WDS and confirm that P1712 is logged. Note all logged DTCs and clear the DTC memory.
2. Check the software levels in the PCMs and TCM against the latest WDS disc. Reflash the PCMs and the TCM.
3. Run a brief road (or rolling road) test including several upshifts and downshifts. Stop the test and recheck if P1712 is logged again.
4. If P1712 is logged, consult Aston Martin Technical Support.

Fault Code Definition P2800 - Shift by Wire Transmission PRND button circuit fault (logged in PCM)
P2800, P2801 Fault Analysis
1. Connect the WDS and confirm that P2800 or P2801 is logged.
2. With the ignition on, press and release the ‘P, R,N and D’ buttons in turn.
If the lamp in each button illuminates, the circuit to the Auto Switch Interface Unit, the PCM and the TCM is serviceable. Go to step 3.
If any one lamp does not illuminate when its button is pressed and released, perform continuity checks on the wiring between the switch and
interface box. Also check continuity of the wiring to the telltale lamp in the suspect switch. Service
the switch or circuits as necessary. Clear the fault code and run a brief road test to ensure that the problem is resolved.
3. Using the WDS datalogger, monitor the PRND1 and PRND2 signals.
Key on. Press and release each switch in turn and look for a corresponding change in the PRND signals.
If the PRND signal voltages are correct, the problem is not present at this time and testing is complete.
If the PRND signal voltages are not correct, if either voltage does not change when any button
is pressed, check BVREF and SIG RTN at the interface box. Service the BVREF and SIGRTN circuits as necessary. Repeat the voltage checks to ensure that the problem is resolved.
If no fault is found with the BVREF and SIGRTN lines, then check the continuity of the PRND1 and PRND2 signal lines. Service the wiring as necessary. Clear the fault code and run a KOER test including changes of gear to all modes to ensure that the problem is resolved.
4. If PRND 1 or PRND 2 change when any single
button is pressed, but the voltages do not match the PRND table, substitute each button in turn with a new button and retest to ensure that the PRND voltages are now correct.
IF the voltages are still not correct, check for continuity/short circuit to power or ground from each button to the interface box. Service any identified faults and retest to ensure that the
problem is resolved

Last edited by Phil57DBS; 11-19-2019 at 06:22 AM.