Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

V8V cat bypass Xpipe

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-02-2016, 12:02 PM
papigko is a glorious beacon of lightpapigko is a glorious beacon of lightpapigko is a glorious beacon of lightpapigko is a glorious beacon of lightpapigko is a glorious beacon of light
The sound is deeper and more refined. Not at all overwhelming in the car but clearly there. The best part is in car from 3000-6500 rpm just sounds like the car should sound smooth deep and balanced.

Old 02-02-2016, 12:09 PM
AXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by papigko
The sound is deeper and more refined. Not at all overwhelming in the car but clearly there. The best part is in car from 3000-6500 rpm just sounds like the car should sound smooth deep and balanced.
That's exactly what I wanted to hear. Can't wait for a sound clip. Fabspeed is really onto something here... Whats the seat-of-the-pants difference in performance?

Old 02-02-2016, 12:20 PM
papigko is a glorious beacon of lightpapigko is a glorious beacon of lightpapigko is a glorious beacon of lightpapigko is a glorious beacon of lightpapigko is a glorious beacon of light
The seat of pants dyno is even more impressive. Between the better sound and notable hp difference the car is much more fun. I'll be interested to see if my lap times are any better this spring. As I told Nick from Fabspeed I would also imagine the car is getting better fuel economy but I just cant keep my foot out of it enough to actually find out.

Old 02-02-2016, 12:23 PM
telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !
Great to hear, sounds like it's an awesome mod

Old 02-02-2016, 12:27 PM
AXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by papigko
The seat of pants dyno is even more impressive. Between the better sound and notable hp difference the car is much more fun. I'll be interested to see if my lap times are any better this spring. As I told Nick from Fabspeed I would also imagine the car is getting better fuel economy but I just cant keep my foot out of it enough to actually find out.
Are you going to the AM Owners Club Lime Rock Event on June 25th or any other events in the NE? I'll have my car sorted by then & hope to see you there.

Old 02-02-2016, 01:13 PM
I do most of my track time with COM SCC but am hopefully going to the AM event at LRP this year. Hope to see you there.

Old 02-02-2016, 08:53 PM
007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of
Awesome, very healthy gains up top. It smoothened out the power band too

Old 02-02-2016, 09:31 PM
007JB has a spectacular aura about007JB has a spectacular aura about007JB has a spectacular aura about
Are you using stock muffler or something else? I removed my secondary cats & installed Quick Silver de-cat pipes.

Old 02-02-2016, 09:34 PM
Gene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond repute
What we realy need is a x pipe with 200 cel cats built in.

Old 02-03-2016, 07:57 AM
Former Vendor
Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Gene G
What we realy need is a x pipe with 200 cel cats built in.
The early generation cars that only have one set of cats we did just that! 2005-2010 Vantage V8's have one set of cats that we removed and replaced with out HJS 200-cell cats followed by an X-Pipe.

Sport Cat X-pipe Exhaust System

For these newer Vantage V8's 2010+ there are 2 sets of cats, this x-pipe bypasses the redundant secondary set that is not monitored by O2 sensors.

Old 02-03-2016, 09:41 AM
Former Vendor
Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !
Hey guys!

Good news the product is LAUNCHED thanks to John and I'm ready get a production run started if we can get a few guys in on it. I am having a special intro price for you guys on the forum, please PM or email me for me details if you're interested! Accurate dyno results and some sounds clips will be posted soon!!

Secondary Catbypass X-Pipe

Old 02-04-2016, 06:48 AM
007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of
Awesome,

Great price too. Would love to see some I house dynos as well just to see what you guys do on your I house dyno to compare to your other V8V dynos you have done in the exact same dyno (every dyno is obviously different)

Great job on finally bringing this to market!

Old 02-04-2016, 06:50 AM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by 007 Vantage
Awesome,

Great price too. Would love to see some I house dynos as well just to see what you guys do on your I house dyno to compare to your other V8V dynos you have done in the exact same dyno (every dyno is obviously different)

Great job on finally bringing this to market!
I have a 2013 scheduled for next week getting the secondary catbypass AND a tune more photos, videos and power numbers coming your way soon!

Old 02-04-2016, 11:58 AM
See you next week Nick for my X-Pipe instal & ECU tune... Before and after dynos will be done for the 6Speed AM community. (apologies to Stuart)

Old 02-04-2016, 05:29 PM
Originally Posted by Fabspeed Motorsport
I have a 2013 scheduled for next week getting the secondary catbypass AND a tune more photos, videos and power numbers coming your way soon!
Perfect opportunity!

If you could measure both separate and combined with the tune that would be awesome.

So glad you guys came out with this solution. It really is the perfect exhaust system for the later V8s

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: V8V cat bypass Xpipe