Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Watching the valet struggle

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-15-2016, 10:43 PM
goto35 will become famous soon enoughgoto35 will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by irish07
I honestly love valet..I do about 3-4 asm clutches a year! ;-)
Lol!

Old 02-16-2016, 06:57 AM
mkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud of
Valets never touch my car, I always ask to park it myself and tip them good.

One night in rhode island, between parking my car up front, having too much to drink and need the valet to take me back in a car service, then having them pick me up the next morning so I can drive my car back... I must have spent over a hundred just in tips lol

Old 02-16-2016, 07:29 AM
deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !
Never thought of using Uber?

Last edited by deckman; 02-16-2016 at 07:34 AM.
Old 02-16-2016, 07:45 AM
mkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud of
Not until you mentioned it just now haha...

Old 02-19-2016, 08:39 AM
SSirianni is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by ncamv8
If you really want entertainment, try a Lotus Elise. Between the lowness--have--dive--in, the key-fob, ignition key, and Start button it's pretty hopeless. The only time I tried It took me longer to explain the ritual than it would have to park it myself. Never tried the Aston, seems almost as much hassle.

I've given up valeting my Elise, now I just have them let me park up front with the ones they want to show off and pay/tip as if they parked it.

Old 02-19-2016, 12:01 PM
randyb will become famous soon enoughrandyb will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by ncamv8
If you really want entertainment, try a Lotus Elise. Between the lowness--have--dive--in, the key-fob, ignition key, and Start button it's pretty hopeless. The only time I tried It took me longer to explain the ritual than it would have to park it myself. Never tried the Aston, seems almost as much hassle.
Or an Evora, watching them turn the key and nothing happens is both funny and frustrating.

Old 02-20-2016, 08:55 AM
ncamv8 is a name known to allncamv8 is a name known to allncamv8 is a name known to allncamv8 is a name known to allncamv8 is a name known to allncamv8 is a name known to all
Originally Posted by randyb
Or an Evora, watching them turn the key and nothing happens is both funny and frustrating.
Yes, with my Elise he did the same thing, Key in twist... nothing. Then saw the start button and pressed it, still nothing
Finally i walked over and had him reset back to zero, did the fob, then the key, and finally the start button.

After we were done, they let me get the car myself from the parking spot

I have heard stories from a fellow Aston owner, of people sticking their finger in the ECU slot trying to start the car.

My favorite is the burglary that went wrong when the thief had to ask how to start their Aston Martin
http://www.miaminewtimes.com/news/as...he-car-6550292

Old 02-21-2016, 04:16 PM
rohnin is on a distinguished road
boycott all valets!! and car washes! :-)

Old 05-04-2016, 01:34 PM
Adrian928 is on a distinguished road
Living in Tampa for 20 yrs before returning to my beloved Vermont, The best establishments are prepared for pampered cars. Any Tampons out there know "Bern's" & "Mise En Place" well and the care their staffs take. "The Patio" also where finer automobiles are left right in front within sight and 9mm range.

Last edited by Adrian928; 05-04-2016 at 01:40 PM.
Old 05-04-2016, 08:07 PM
rhart6 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by larryg
I could never enjoy dinner knowing that my Vantage was sitting in a restaurant parking facility. IMO the risks are enormous.
Take the daily driver.
I used to valet park cars. True a hundred years ago. But some of the stuff that went on was shocking. Best to take your SUV. The older the better.

Old 05-05-2016, 05:04 AM
cadman is a jewel in the roughcadman is a jewel in the roughcadman is a jewel in the rough
cant imagine letting anyone else park my vantage too much
money invested to risk it, i even cringe when my wife wants to drive, lol

Old 05-05-2016, 12:44 PM
Wildcat1212 is a glorious beacon of lightWildcat1212 is a glorious beacon of lightWildcat1212 is a glorious beacon of lightWildcat1212 is a glorious beacon of lightWildcat1212 is a glorious beacon of light

Did not know you had a mean streak in you.
Originally Posted by irish07
I honestly love valet..I do about 3-4 asm clutches a year! ;-)

Old 05-05-2016, 01:56 PM
Zettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of light
No valet for me.
Not even the family hauler gets valet parked. If a restaurant only offers valet parking, I change the venue.

When I bought my Aston, the McLaren dealership I had to sign the papers only did valet parking.
I passed the guy, parked myself and gave the guy tip.

Old 05-05-2016, 09:43 PM
karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !
I don't even like places that have "bathroom attendants".

Old 05-06-2016, 08:12 PM
ncamv8 is a name known to allncamv8 is a name known to allncamv8 is a name known to allncamv8 is a name known to allncamv8 is a name known to allncamv8 is a name known to all
Originally Posted by karlfranz
I don't even like places that have "bathroom attendants".
Given your last "Valet", er towing experience I can understand why

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Watching the valet struggle