Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Watching the valet struggle

Old 05-10-2016, 10:48 PM
Speedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud of
Valet park an Aston? Never, never, never, never...

Old 05-10-2016, 10:58 PM
goto35 will become famous soon enoughgoto35 will become famous soon enough
I had a similar experience when i first got the Aston. Went to a very high end Hilton in Newport Beach. Unfortunately it was Valet ONLY. When i gave the car the guy assured me he drives many aston. So no problem. Problem was getting the car back. When i got the car back the next day the guy still had the hand brake on and he told me the hand brake is broken. On top of that my hood was open. I started driving and the light came on with hood open. So they obviously valet opened the hood and was looking at the engine.

Here was the hotel in question:
http://www.waterfrontresort.com/

Since that day...NO MORE VALET!!!!

Old 07-11-2016, 07:11 AM
C4Sbeebe Is a GOD !C4Sbeebe Is a GOD !C4Sbeebe Is a GOD !C4Sbeebe Is a GOD !C4Sbeebe Is a GOD !C4Sbeebe Is a GOD !C4Sbeebe Is a GOD !C4Sbeebe Is a GOD !C4Sbeebe Is a GOD !C4Sbeebe Is a GOD !C4Sbeebe Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by karlfranz
I don't even like places that have "bathroom attendants".
like so many - i hate valet services and will avoid valet-only establishments for that reason. worse than valet parking though, is the bathroom attendant!! seriously, i can reach over and get my own towels!! tipping for that worthless service is beyond ridiculous.

Old 07-11-2016, 08:40 AM
rhart6 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by C4Sbeebe
like so many - i hate valet services and will avoid valet-only establishments for that reason. worse than valet parking though, is the bathroom attendant!! seriously, i can reach over and get my own towels!! tipping for that worthless service is beyond ridiculous.
Exactly. Worth slightly less than worthless.

Old 07-11-2016, 09:23 AM
mkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud of
The only place I've been to that had bathroom attendants are places with really disgusting bathrooms (flea markets, race tracks) where I have no idea how someone can sit in a poorly ventilated area that smells like p*ss and sh*t all day.

Maybe I need to go to some more higher end establishments haha

Old 07-11-2016, 11:48 AM
C4Sbeebe Is a GOD !C4Sbeebe Is a GOD !C4Sbeebe Is a GOD !C4Sbeebe Is a GOD !C4Sbeebe Is a GOD !C4Sbeebe Is a GOD !C4Sbeebe Is a GOD !C4Sbeebe Is a GOD !C4Sbeebe Is a GOD !C4Sbeebe Is a GOD !C4Sbeebe Is a GOD !
they have them at one of my favorite martini bars here and it just bugs the sh*t out of me. it is just so damn unnecessary. if i can p*ss and sh*t on my own, i can most certainly also reach my own towel. it does nothing to enhance my overall bathroom experience...

Old 07-11-2016, 06:54 PM
drivergmx is a jewel in the roughdrivergmx is a jewel in the roughdrivergmx is a jewel in the rough
The Mad Max series 07078 - Inspired by Valets

Growing up in Short Hills, NJ I lived across the street from a prominent Caterer patronized by dignitaries, celebrities and the like. The wholesale abuse of American muscle and luxury cars I witnessed on a weekly basis was staggering.

These unsuspecting owners would hand their keys off and by the time they had entered the establishment and passed the coat room the hoodlums they entrusted their cars to were doing a block long burnout on the way to pickup girls or to the Liquor store down on the corner. They would drag race them, do doughnuts... One time I watched as a Mopar backed up to the white concrete wall of the dining hall maintained a standing burnout for 10 minutes. Thus creating a rooster tail of billowing black smoke leaving a permanent black stain fifteen feet high. Another fool flipped the hidden headlights of a patron's ride up and down continuously as he flew back and forth till they became unhinged and inoperative.

The sound of red lined engines, screeching tires and blasting horns together with the smell of burnt clutches, smoked tires and the sight of skid marks and careening headlights up and down the street lasted for hours as the owners dined unawares. It was quite a sight to behold and one I'll never forget.

Mad Max Circa 1975!

Last edited by drivergmx; 07-12-2016 at 09:31 AM.