Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

First Shot of the DB11

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-17-2016, 06:52 AM
telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !
First Shot of the DB11

Someone leaked an image...

http://www.carscoops.com/2016/02/ast...d-through.html

Looks like they kept the DB10 style headlights, but fixed them so they're incorporated into the design a LOT better. And I love that they went with a much larger grille.

Old 02-17-2016, 06:59 AM
mkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud of
Oh wow I like that, looks like an edgier db9

Old 02-17-2016, 07:03 AM
Old phart is a jewel in the roughOld phart is a jewel in the roughOld phart is a jewel in the roughOld phart is a jewel in the rough
Clamshell bonnet?

Old 02-17-2016, 07:27 AM
Prefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud of
Yes, my dealer confirmed clamshell bonnet

Old 02-17-2016, 07:37 AM
yankee04 has a reputation beyond reputeyankee04 has a reputation beyond reputeyankee04 has a reputation beyond reputeyankee04 has a reputation beyond reputeyankee04 has a reputation beyond reputeyankee04 has a reputation beyond reputeyankee04 has a reputation beyond reputeyankee04 has a reputation beyond reputeyankee04 has a reputation beyond reputeyankee04 has a reputation beyond reputeyankee04 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Prefurbia
It it strange when you seen the lights stay behind as the hood goes up like on the Macan. I cannot imagine the replacement cost for such a large piece of aluminum...

Old 02-17-2016, 07:47 AM
XJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Prefurbia
Really dislike clamshells. Don't like looking at the tire when they are open. The current bonnet style which goes all the way to the leading edge is unique and more attractive.

Old 02-17-2016, 08:05 AM
telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !
I'm not a fan of clamshells, either. The novelty would wear off quickly and I think it increases the chance of damage.

Old 02-17-2016, 08:58 AM
AXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to behold
My R8 had a clamshell front bonnet and no, you couldn't see the wheels so I don't think thats going to be an issue...
I like that approach because its means fewer cut lines in the design = cleaner.
Lots to like from this front angle. Can't wait till Geneva.

Old 02-17-2016, 09:44 AM
XJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by AXARUNNER
My R8 had a clamshell front bonnet and no, you couldn't see the wheels so I don't think thats going to be an issue...
With all due respect, it doesn't have a clamshell bonnet, so not applicable.

Old 02-17-2016, 10:03 AM
AXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by XJRS Owner
With all due respect, it doesn't have a clamshell bonnet, so not applicable.

Looks like a clamshell to me.

Old 02-17-2016, 10:46 AM
Originally Posted by AXARUNNER

Looks like a clamshell to me.
Well, not to me it doesn't. Clamshells tilt forward like an E-type...and have an engine underneath.

Old 02-17-2016, 10:53 AM
I've always considered clamshells to be a hood + fenders in one piece. But I think we're just splitting hairs. It's a giant, oversized hood.

Old 02-17-2016, 03:54 PM
tko211 is a jewel in the roughtko211 is a jewel in the roughtko211 is a jewel in the rough
that second image is NOT of the DB11 or an aston of any kind. Look at the headlights between each photo. Not the same car. In fact I'm quite certain its an Audi product of some kind. New R8 likely. The styling is totally Audi / VW group

Old 02-17-2016, 04:08 PM
Originally Posted by tko211
that second image is NOT of the DB11 or an aston of any kind. Look at the headlights between each photo. Not the same car. In fact I'm quite certain its an Audi product of some kind. New R8 likely. The styling is totally Audi / VW group
Can't tell if serious or not....

Old 02-17-2016, 04:15 PM
tko211 is a jewel in the roughtko211 is a jewel in the roughtko211 is a jewel in the rough
Totally serious. I just googled 2015 Audi R8 front trunk open and saw images that confirm that the second photo is indeed an image of the Audi R8. So that second image is NOT an Aston.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: First Shot of the DB11