Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Aston Martin Rapide S V12 ?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-19-2016, 05:11 PM
ajriley is on a distinguished road
Aston Martin Rapide S V12 ?

Hi, After finding this forum I have deicide to make this post...

Looking at the Aston Martin Rapide S V12 I'm very interested in buying this car but I also am very interested in the Bentley.

I'm stuck deciding, any owners of this type of car and opinions?

Thanks!

Old 02-20-2016, 08:48 PM
IbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant future
Don't own but have driven both (though not sure which Bentley you're considering).

The Bentley is and FEELS bigger, heavier, and more luxurious. The interior is more open, the seats more cushioned. Assuming you're looking at a W12 powered version, it's very swift and the power is delivered smoothly and quietly.

The Rapide S is and FEELS smaller, lighter, sportier and quicker in every way. Assuming you're looking at a 4 door Bentley, there's really no comparison. They are vastly different experiences. The Aston Martin is sporty in a way the Bentley can't touch. And the Bentley is luxurious in an opulent way that the Aston Martin doesn't bother to consider. The Rapide S delivers power with a sound and urgency that is thrilling if you're into that sort of thing.

Final note. It's possible you are looking at a 2 door GT Bentley since they have rear seats that are nearly as valuable as those in a Rapide. I still stand by my comparison. The sporting efforts of the Continental GT line is impressive but the car is still big, tall, heavy and lacks anything that could be confused with a sporting feel.

Old 02-25-2016, 01:58 PM
Gene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond repute
I don't have a Rapide but I do have a Bentley Conentinal GT Speed and a V8 Vantage. The Aston is a very nice car and a sports car but not as well built has the Bentley. The Bentley is in a class of it's own even far better than a Rolls Royce. The Bentley is all wheel drive and pulls like a train. It is far faster than most people think. It is not a sport car but more of a personal luxury car that goes like stink. All Astons are beautiful cars and much more sporty and get more attention than almost any other car. I get more complements with the Aston than I got with the Ferrari. Either car will be a great car to own. Go drive both and ask any question that you might have. Do some homework on the internet checking out reviews and owner satification. Take your time and I'm sure you will find the one that is best for you, or you may end up with both.

Old 02-28-2016, 11:31 PM
kensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud of
While I haven't driven a Rapide far, I have owned two Bentley Continental GTs and there's no question they are a quality step above any other luxury sports car on the market and have astonishing power to match.

But as someone said, a Bentley Continental GT won't get you a second look in many upmarket areas, while Aston Martins are relatively rare and always have an admiring public.

If you want to look wealthy with everything wrapped up in a cocoon of luxury, the Bentley Continental GT is it.

If you enjoy the art of driving and want to be noticed for having a rarer car, the Rapide will fit the bill.

Old 02-29-2016, 03:07 PM
Basic Sponsor
Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !
Doesn't matter which Bentley your comparing, I drive them all regularly..which Bentley are you comparing with the Rapide S and what's your concerns?

Velocity Automotive Performance Limited

214 Maple Ave.
Oliver, B.C
Canada V0H 1T9
Office: (1)250-485-5126
Email: Tuning@VelocityAP.com

www.velocityap.com