Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Dead battery Jump Start now doors won't lock

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-23-2016, 08:19 PM
MadeInPorshe will become famous soon enoughMadeInPorshe will become famous soon enough
Dead battery Jump Start now doors won't lock

This is the first issue I had with my new aston, I parked it and 4 days later I come to grab something out of the car and it was drained. Only enough power for the doors to unlock and the side mirrors open half way then completely dead.
I jumped the car and got it to started, but before it started I heard a loud constant clicking sound from the engine Bay Area.

Anyways long story short, after jump starting my V8V, now my door locks won't lock or unlock(lights flash, alarms arms it self), hatch won't unlock, Windows do not roll down and the side mirrors are stuck in the half way position cause there wasn't enough power from the initial unlock to open them up all the way.

Ive never experienced this on a jump start before. My first thought was check the fuse, however it's in the trunk and I can't open it.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated guys. Thanks in advance

Old 02-24-2016, 10:00 AM
cret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond repute
Try plug in the battery tender for a day and see if you get enough power. If not, get a new battery. Telum made a great DIY video and write up.

Once you get enough power for the car - Perform windows reset procedure on each side to bring back the auto dipping. Mirrors folding can be done by pressing L+R but will require dealer visit to work with remote

Old 02-24-2016, 10:15 AM
MadeInPorshe will become famous soon enoughMadeInPorshe will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by cret
Try plug in the battery tender for a day and see if you get enough power. If not, get a new battery. Telum made a great DIY video and write up.

Once you get enough power for the car - Perform windows reset procedure on each side to bring back the auto dipping. Mirrors folding can be done by pressing L+R but will require dealer visit to work with remote
I did exactly that, left my c-tek charger on for 2 days. It starts and runs perfectly normal on its own, other then no power windows or locks.
How do I perform the window reset?
I'll give the search button a go

Old 02-24-2016, 02:34 PM
cret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond repute
Old 02-25-2016, 02:12 PM
Originally Posted by cret
Thanks, I got it sorted now.
I pulled both fuses for the window in the passenger foot well and now all is well.