Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

2006 DB9 clutch replacement cost

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-23-2016, 07:25 AM
airbusdrvr is on a distinguished road

Just got a quote from my Aston dealer of $8900, to replace the clutch on my 06 DB-9. Holy crap!!! I know the manuals are rare but if anyone out there got theirs replaced (in the states) for less, please let me know.

I have the maintenance manual and see it's a pretty extensive process. Lots of heavy parts. Looks like at least 3 special tools are listed too. Probably a pay the man job but 8.9 k? That's nuts

Old 03-23-2016, 09:29 AM
mkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud of
That sounds about right. About 20 ~ ish hours of labor on the book, so 1/3 of that cost is labor, rest is parts. The only real way to lower the cost is either at an indie with lower labor rates (the indies here have same rate as dealer) or have a rebuild kevlar clutch which can you bring you down to the 4-5k range including labor

Old 03-23-2016, 11:04 AM
deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !

Sounds high to me. I thought I'd been hearing $5-6k. Others will chime in who've had it done

Old 03-23-2016, 11:07 AM
telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !
Is there a difference in the process between the V8V and DB9 to warrant the extra $3k?

Old 03-23-2016, 05:09 PM
Basic Sponsor
Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by airbusdrvr
Just got a quote from my Aston dealer of $8900, to replace the clutch on my 06 DB-9. Holy crap!!! I know the manuals are rare but if anyone out there got theirs replaced (in the states) for less, please let me know.

I have the maintenance manual and see it's a pretty extensive process. Lots of heavy parts. Looks like at least 3 special tools are listed too. Probably a pay the man job but 8.9 k? That's nuts
Email me: Stuart@VelocityAP.com

I have the clutch for your car in stock, can supply clutch + slave cylinder + fasteners for about $3600. Flywheel you can have re-faced on a manual car very inexpensively. 20 Hours Labor at a good Indy takes you to the $6000-6500 range.

206 Maple Avenue
Oliver, BC
Canada V2A 4W6
Office: (1)250-485-5126
www.velocityap.com
Old 03-23-2016, 09:28 PM
airbusdrvr is on a distinguished road
Thanks for all the replies. So far I've had estimates from 6900 to 10500. I did find an entire clutch kit on fleabay (at best of britain in MD) including the flywheel for $3200. (Stuart if this supplier can't follow through, I'll be contacting you! ) Crazy thing is, the most expensive dealer was only charging $2200 for labor. I'd pay that anyday. Read my maintenance manual and know it's a big job.

Has anyone had any luck getting Aston dealers to use owner supplied parts?

Thanks

Old 03-23-2016, 10:03 PM
Jeff_335i is a splendid one to beholdJeff_335i is a splendid one to beholdJeff_335i is a splendid one to beholdJeff_335i is a splendid one to beholdJeff_335i is a splendid one to beholdJeff_335i is a splendid one to beholdJeff_335i is a splendid one to behold
My dealer practically spit in my face for even suggesting such an insult to their profit margin.

Old 03-24-2016, 06:46 AM
DonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant future

Thanks
My local AM dealer installed the kit on my Vantage, but would not warranty the parts/installation.
Labor/misc. consumables charge was around $2k, so your dealer charge is not unusual: and I know they have done at least one other since I last checked with them.
You may need to use your best negotiating skills to talk them into the deal.

Old 03-29-2016, 12:45 PM
tko211 is a jewel in the roughtko211 is a jewel in the roughtko211 is a jewel in the rough
Mine went out on my 06 V8V last year. My quote from the AM dealer was the same.. 8-9k.

Heres what I did instead. Bought new clutch plate, bolts and flywheel from Aston Martin Bits. Cost was roughly $2800 shipped to the US.

I then took the service manual PDf and gave it to my regular mechanic who read that section of the service manual, felt comfortable to do the work and did it for $75 per hour for the labor.

While doing the work we discovered that both of the shifter cables were loose and about to break (old plastic). Bought 2 new cables and had them installed while the clutch was being done the drive line was out.

All labor for clutch and cables totaled 17 hrs.

So I saved a lot! Car works great! no issues! been a year. good luck

Old 04-01-2016, 06:21 PM
Cloneman315 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by tko211
Mine went out on my 06 V8V last year. My quote from the AM dealer was the same.. 8-9k.

Heres what I did instead. Bought new clutch plate, bolts and flywheel from Aston Martin Bits. Cost was roughly $2800 shipped to the US.

I then took the service manual PDf and gave it to my regular mechanic who read that section of the service manual, felt comfortable to do the work and did it for $75 per hour for the labor.

While doing the work we discovered that both of the shifter cables were loose and about to break (old plastic). Bought 2 new cables and had them installed while the clutch was being done the drive line was out.

It appears on a true 3 pedal car you can do the clutch yourself? But on the sport shift cars you need the asm software to setup the new clutch?

Old 04-05-2022, 08:11 AM
Aston powers is an unknown quantity at this point
V8V clutch change update

Originally Posted by tko211

hi.
I know it’s some what late butting into this topic. However it might be of help to others you know etc. I have a friend who owns an Aston Martin garage and obviously does me proud. However on this occasion he cannot compete with Appleby engineering quote. They have an upgraded twin plate clutch and flywheel kit made. Parts and labour. £2500 in vat. It’s cheaper than Astons standard kit. Usual labour time 10-12 hours. They’re customers never bother with a standard clutch now.

Old 04-05-2022, 11:04 AM
Argus will become famous soon enough
Try Steel Wings in Pennsylvania. See what they have to say.

Old 04-05-2022, 11:14 AM
Basic Sponsor
Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !
We are pretty close to having a complete kit available with lightened flywheel.

206 Maple Avenue
Oliver, BC
Canada V2A 4W6
Office: (1)250-485-5126
www.velocityap.com
Old 04-05-2022, 01:09 PM
Aston powers is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by Stuart@VelocityAP
We are pretty close to having a complete kit available with lightened flywheel.
hi
im waiting for that one. Hopefully may time thanks for update

Old 04-05-2022, 08:10 PM
61mga will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by telum01
Is there a difference in the process between the V8V and DB9 to warrant the extra $3k?
that crossed my mind too...

BTW, labor on the san fransisco peninsula is about $200 per hr. i would think that just about anywhere else would be less expensive.

i recently got an estimate to simply repaint the front bumper...$2500-3500!! and there are practically no parts involved in that. my, my...

Last edited by 61mga; 04-05-2022 at 08:15 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 2006 DB9 clutch replacement cost