Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Aston Martin Garmin update?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-06-2016, 11:10 PM
mrgylex is on a distinguished road
Aston Martin Garmin update?

How does one update the SatNav on the MY12+ models holding the Garmin systems.

I went to Garmin and nothing is available, the dealership said go to the Nav vendor.

Has anyone gone through the update process? My SatNav keeps alerting me to update the system.

Let me know your thoughts

Old 04-07-2016, 08:24 AM
kaj
kaj is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by mrgylex
How does one update the SatNav on the MY12+ models holding the Garmin systems. I went to Garmin and nothing is available, the dealership said go to the Nav vendor. Has anyone gone through the update process? My SatNav keeps alerting me to update the system. Let me know your thoughts
I updated mine once during the annual service at the Aston dealer. If you look at the Nav unit box in the trunk (driver's side forward area of trunk behind a cover panel I think), you'll see it has an SD card slot if you open the front cover on it. That is where the dealer inserts the card to perform the update. I seem to recall it cost around $180. I can take a pic if you can't find the box.

Old 04-07-2016, 08:33 AM
telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by kaj
I updated mine once during the annual service at the Aston dealer. If you look at the Nav unit box in the trunk (driver's side forward area of trunk behind a cover panel I think), you'll see it has an SD card slot if you open the front cover on it. That is where the dealer inserts the card to perform the update. I seem to recall it cost around $180. I can take a pic if you can't find the box.
If the Garmin is in the same spot as the old DVD-based system:

Old 04-07-2016, 07:58 PM
deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !
The dealer has to do it I think.

Old 04-08-2016, 07:14 AM
Jarod has a spectacular aura aboutJarod has a spectacular aura about
What do you mean with update? Updating the firmware of the nav unit, then most likely the dealer has to do it (if possible at all).

If you mean installing updated maps then you can simply purchase the Garmin City Navigator SD card (https://buy.garmin.com/en-US/US/maps...ARD_01-p1.html) and plug it into the sat-nav unit in the trunk. It worked like a charm for my MY14 V12s. Assuming the nav system is the same in your MY12.

You need to keep the SD in the unit, though as the maps will be loaded from the SD card. They will not be installed (copied) to the nav system. Once you remove the card, the sat-nav will use the old (pre-installed) maps again.

BTW. You can easily load custom POIs (like speed cameras) into the nav system using the SD card. There is a tool from Garmin called POI loader for that. Though not sure if this is legal in your state/country.

Old 05-14-2016, 07:52 PM
cuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond repute
I am looking for the location of the slot in the 2015 DB9. Can you post location of the slot in your car ? Maybe a zoom out pic .. Thanks !

Old 05-15-2016, 08:34 AM
J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !
Your navigation unit in under the sub woofer under the left rear seat. The lower carpet at the kick board pulls off easily.

Old 05-15-2016, 09:42 AM
cuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond repute
You mean the heel board behind the driver seat ? I pulled off that board and saw this.Couldn't take a clearer pic. Where is the SD Card Slot ?
I am asking this so I could get latest SD Card from Garmin (as posted in this thread) and stick it in there. The last time I let the dealer do it, I paid $200+.

Originally Posted by J doubleU
Your navigation unit in under the sub woofer under the left rear seat. The lower carpet at the kick board pulls off easily.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1443.jpg
Views:	475
Size:	3.28 MB
ID:	448684  
Old 05-15-2016, 10:19 AM
J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !
That's the unit, the front panel pulls out and the SD card slot is in the middle.

Old 05-15-2016, 12:35 PM
deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !
Just ordered the SD card from Garmin

Old 05-15-2016, 01:06 PM
Got it ! Thank you very much !

Originally Posted by J doubleU
That's the unit, the front panel pulls out and the SD card slot is in the middle.

Old 05-15-2016, 01:07 PM
Is this the one you ordered ?
City Navigator® North America NT
Part Number: 010-11551-00

Originally Posted by deckman
Just ordered the SD card from Garmin

Old 05-15-2016, 02:39 PM
Originally Posted by cuddapah
Is this the one you ordered ?
City Navigator® North America NT
Part Number: 010-11551-00
Yes that is it.

Old 05-19-2016, 06:23 PM
Did you get yours ? I am waiting for mine. If you got yours please let me know which year maps are on the SD Card.
I had maps updated by the dealer in September 2015. I didn't notice at that time. I just checked and they are 2014 maps .. not even 2015. Hopefully the SD card will have 2016 maps.

Originally Posted by deckman
Yes that is it.

Old 05-19-2016, 06:41 PM
kaj
kaj is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Jarod
What do you mean with update? Updating the firmware of the nav unit, then most likely the dealer has to do it (if possible at all). If you mean installing updated maps then you can simply purchase the Garmin City Navigator SD card (https://buy.garmin.com/en-US/US/maps...ARD_01-p1.html) and plug it into the sat-nav unit in the trunk. It worked like a charm for my MY14 V12s. Assuming the nav system is the same in your MY12. You need to keep the SD in the unit, though as the maps will be loaded from the SD card. They will not be installed (copied) to the nav system. Once you remove the card, the sat-nav will use the old (pre-installed) maps again. BTW. You can easily load custom POIs (like speed cameras) into the nav system using the SD card. There is a tool from Garmin called POI loader for that. Though not sure if this is legal in your state/country.
Did using the Garmin update affect the Aston Martin start-up screen or being able to use a little Aston as the car logo?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Aston Martin Garmin update?