Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Updating DBS nav program and screen?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-13-2016, 12:28 AM
09DBS will become famous soon enough
Updating DBS nav program and screen?

Is there any way to update the 09 DBS navi software and screen to late model Vanquish or similar nav display settings and readouts?

Old 04-13-2016, 04:45 AM
SinisterSF is on a distinguished road
There is a kit from Aston Martin (very over priced in my opinion) that will update the nav and Bluetooth features. But this doesn't make the screen any more modern or anything. I started a thread a few days ago discussing custom options but it doesn't seem that many people have done it or are willing to do it due to fear of value drop. https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...placement.html

If you're just looking to update the GPS dvd's check out this thread: https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...2-nav-dvd.html

Check out this thread also, it's pretty much the best as far as seeing what updates people have done to the overall updating of the stock system: https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...n-project.html

Old 04-13-2016, 05:38 AM
XJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond repute
The answer is 'no'. The vanquish is a completely different system than the DBS, so you can't update your DBS to that type.

Old 04-13-2016, 06:20 AM
Originally Posted by XJRS Owner
The answer is 'no'. The vanquish is a completely different system than the DBS, so you can't update your DBS to that type.
I think he's looking for any solution, not specifically transplanting a vanquish setup into a DBS.

Old 04-14-2016, 09:49 AM
09DBS will become famous soon enough
right fellas...ideally keeping the Aston stock appearance is the focus for me. I do not like the notion that the screen icons and readouts were already outdated when this DB nav platform/system was fielded. I'm suspecting that sometime in the near future there will be a software hack to mod this system to incorporate the latest nav usability...

Old 04-14-2016, 10:21 AM
Originally Posted by 09DBS
right fellas...ideally keeping the Aston stock appearance is the focus for me. I do not like the notion that the screen icons and readouts were already outdated when this DB nav platform/system was fielded. I'm suspecting that sometime in the near future there will be a software hack to mod this system to incorporate the latest nav usability...
Well as soon as you find it let us know! I'd love to be able to mod the software in my care without taking it to AM