Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

I finally did it

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-24-2016, 07:37 AM
Zettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by Tarek307
i really think my next car will be an Aston Martin Vantage like this one. I'm die hard Porsche fanatic, so eventually i'm sure i'll go back to a 911, however rite now the Aston bug is on! i just need to learn more about these cars and what years to get, what years to stay away from and how to stay under $60,000
Do it!
To insure an Aston cheap, you need to have a second car anyway where a 911 comes in handy.

https://www.amazon.com/Definitive-Gu.../dp/095068256X
This is a great book with a lot of great pictures to explain the changes between the years.

I was pretty clear before I was on the hunt that a facelift with the 4.7k engine is the must have. The book made it very clear it has to be the 2009 or 2010 for me.

My budget was lower when I started searching. I came to the conclusion if I want to realize my dream, it has to be perfect and not short cuts what ended up in a large budget stretch.

Old 06-29-2016, 01:11 AM
Tarek307 has a reputation beyond reputeTarek307 has a reputation beyond reputeTarek307 has a reputation beyond reputeTarek307 has a reputation beyond reputeTarek307 has a reputation beyond reputeTarek307 has a reputation beyond reputeTarek307 has a reputation beyond reputeTarek307 has a reputation beyond reputeTarek307 has a reputation beyond reputeTarek307 has a reputation beyond reputeTarek307 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Zettinger
Do it!
To insure an Aston cheap, you need to have a second car anyway where a 911 comes in handy.

https://www.amazon.com/Definitive-Gu.../dp/095068256X
This is a great book with a lot of great pictures to explain the changes between the years.

I was pretty clear before I was on the hunt that a facelift with the 4.7k engine is the must have. The book made it very clear it has to be the 2009 or 2010 for me.

My budget was lower when I started searching. I came to the conclusion if I want to realize my dream, it has to be perfect and not short cuts what ended up in a large budget stretch.
Thanks for the info man! i can't afford both cars- i lost enough to buy an aston when i tried to day trade and blew my account in 2012/2013 so now i just have to take it easy..gonna have to sell the 911 first lol

As far as i've learned the diff between 2008 & the newer ones is the HP and better trans if your doing the automatic..but anything else? i'm going 6speed so not too concerned about the sport shift being better in 2009 models. There is a pretty wide price gap so i may have to go with a 2006-2008

Last edited by Tarek307; 06-29-2016 at 01:15 AM.
Old 06-29-2016, 01:31 AM
HabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to all
Thanks for the info man! i can't afford both cars- i lost enough to buy an aston when i tried to day trade and blew my account in 2012/2013 so now i just have to take it easy..gonna have to sell the 911 first lol
Not another?! I blew mine last year! Well, I blew 58k determined to learn how to trade, decided that was enough and took a "break". Was thinking about dumping my last 25 into AAMRQ at 50 cents, but didn't. Did ride it up when I started again, even put more in. Made the 58 back plus another 25. I must know what I'm doing! Then, dropped 100 in a steady painful slide. When you drop 6800 margined out shorting Netflix when there's no way it should be going up, and 3PM you hear some hedge fund had just reported closing their short position, you know you're way over your head. Yea, that was enough. Took my last 25 out and stuck it in my car fund [but left $7 in my trading account just in case I ever have another spare 100 and decide to try "investing" instead!]

Legalized gambling, I consider myself a recovering addict.

As far as i've learned the diff between 2008 & the newer ones is the HP and better trans if your doing the automatic..but anything else? i'm going 6speed so not too concerned about the sport shift being better in 2009 models. There is a pretty wide price gap so i may have to go with a 2006-2008
You can find nice high mile 4.3's in the high 30's now, they're usually 06's. mid 50's for really good low mile 4.3's. Like everybody else I'd definitely recommend the "Buying Guide" before you spend the thousands on the car spend $40 and learn all about them. Know what color you want and what options and then patiently shop for the right car. When the right car comes up at the right price - BUY!

Last edited by HabitualOffender; 06-29-2016 at 03:08 AM.
Old 06-29-2016, 06:16 AM
shootermcgav1n has a spectacular aura aboutshootermcgav1n has a spectacular aura about
Sweet spot I think are '07s for sure in the 06-08 range in terms of price. '08 does have a couple additional perks including an upgraded armrest that I kinda wish I had. Plenty of cars come and go all the time, I picked mine up a little over a month ago but still keep an eye on what's available out there and there are definitely a few I'd consider on the market right now. Figure out your must haves and go from there.

Old 08-11-2016, 01:46 PM
Zettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of light
Last Caffeine & Gasoline meet pics.

pics are not edited yet

Old 08-11-2016, 02:21 PM
shootermcgav1n has a spectacular aura aboutshootermcgav1n has a spectacular aura about
lookin good!

Old 08-22-2016, 08:07 AM
I'm using my thread more as a photo dump.

Went on a cruise Thursday.

Last picture on the way home.

Cleaned her before weekend family trip to Orlando.

Had some friends join us for the mini weekend vacation.
They gave my son a ride that my wife was able to get a drive in the Aston.

Got a great parking spot at the JW Marriott.

Valet my car myself but only had the Crystal key with me.
All went good besides I stalled my car when I parked her..

Old 08-22-2016, 06:11 PM
jopa489 is an unknown quantity at this point
Long time lurker here, but I felt the need to create an account simply to say: your car is absolutely stunning!

The white V8V with those sport wheels and clear tails looks amazing! I'm also a longtime BMW enthusiast, owned pretty much the entire spectrum. I've had the V8V/S bug for a while now, waiting for the right car and right time to buy. Whereabouts in FL are you?

Old 08-23-2016, 09:46 AM
Originally Posted by jopa489
Long time lurker here, but I felt the need to create an account simply to say: your car is absolutely stunning!

The white V8V with those sport wheels and clear tails looks amazing! I'm also a longtime BMW enthusiast, owned pretty much the entire spectrum. I've had the V8V/S bug for a while now, waiting for the right car and right time to buy. Whereabouts in FL are you?
Thank you!

I'm located in the Sarasota area.

Same here. I'm a BMW enthusiast for all my life.
Take your time and the right car will pop up.

Old 08-25-2016, 06:36 PM
Update:

installed LED license plate bulbs.
Sylvania Premium Led White 6000K 168 194 2825 T10 Bulbs

There we go:

Before with garage open

New LED bulbs:

Old 08-25-2016, 07:05 PM
telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !
Looks MUCH better! I'll be doing this when I install my rear diffuser next week.

Old 08-25-2016, 07:07 PM
HabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to all
Is there a dimmer bulb than factory? I'd rather have it harder to read my plate from behind

Old 08-25-2016, 07:13 PM
mrveda is an unknown quantity at this point
Hi Zettinger, great thread and beautiful car! I'm looking for a Roadster and found several in AM dealers. Did you pay your seller to perform the PPI or an Independent?

I recently found a beautiful example in CA but the PPI showed accident damage and other issues by an Indy Inspector that was not disclosed by the dealer or in the CarFax. Having read the other thread about the Firestone tire debacle trashing a car, I'm more paranoid now about an honest and thorough inspection.

Old 08-25-2016, 09:13 PM
telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by HabitualOffender
Is there a dimmer bulb than factory? I'd rather have it harder to read my plate from behind
Remove the bulb covers, tint/smoke them, and then put them back on. That'll reduce the amount of light that can get through

Old 08-25-2016, 09:18 PM
Why did they drop the rotating plate with fictitious tags option? That would be very useful! [especially in Virginia!]

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: I finally did it