Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

I finally did it

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-26-2016, 09:07 AM
Zettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of light
Sorry for the dirty car. Haven't had the chance to clean her since last Friday.

I guess it's not too bad for road trip and commuting all week.

Originally Posted by telum01
Looks MUCH better! I'll be doing this when I install my rear diffuser next week.
I like it too!
It bothered me for a while. All bulbs, interior and exterior, were LED's except the License plate bulbs.

Originally Posted by HabitualOffender
Why did they drop the rotating plate with fictitious tags option? That would be very useful! [especially in Virginia!]
Bond package should have that IMO.

Old 08-26-2016, 09:12 AM
Zettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by mrveda
Hi Zettinger, great thread and beautiful car! I'm looking for a Roadster and found several in AM dealers. Did you pay your seller to perform the PPI or an Independent?

I recently found a beautiful example in CA but the PPI showed accident damage and other issues by an Indy Inspector that was not disclosed by the dealer or in the CarFax. Having read the other thread about the Firestone tire debacle trashing a car, I'm more paranoid now about an honest and thorough inspection.
Thank you!

I called the AM dealer prior to scheduling the PPI.
The service rep told me that my car was always maintained by the dealership and my car is missing the 2016 annual service in March but the previous owner always did the service in June.

Seller agreed to do the last annual service on his dime. The good part is that the Annual service includes the 140 point PPI.

I would have paid for the PPI but in my case it came out of PO's pocket.

For a car in this price range, yes I would definitely suggest a PPI.

Old 08-29-2016, 09:53 AM
Caffeine and Gasoline car meet last weekend.

The owner of this new Huracan roadster owns a 2006 Vantage as well.
Very exciting to meet another Aston owner!!

Last edited by Zettinger; 08-29-2016 at 09:56 AM.
Old 07-12-2021, 08:33 AM
I haven't updated this thread in 5 years but a lot of things happened over the years.

We moved to a new house where I renovated the garage and fitted a lift.

Margaret was ceramic coated, got new shoes and was lowered.

and I just added a midnight blue 4.7l Sport Pack Roadster to the stable because what's better than owning the most beautiful car ever built? Of course owning TWO!

She is a 2009 as well and just got a brand new VAP dual plate clutch installed.

Old 07-12-2021, 08:35 AM
handyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond repute
New Vantage Manual ??

Old 07-12-2021, 08:59 AM
Originally Posted by handyman2009
New Vantage Manual ??
She is a Sport Shift.
Yes it happened, 2021 is the historic year for the first automatic tranny car I have ever purchased for myself! (excluding wife's sleds)

Old 07-12-2021, 03:56 PM
HabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to all
You've been busy! Congrats on the roadster, I guess the SS isn't bugging you. Mine just passed 42,000. 2 payments left and then it's just repair bills!

Old 07-13-2021, 10:00 AM
Originally Posted by HabitualOffender
You've been busy! Congrats on the roadster, I guess the SS isn't bugging you. Mine just passed 42,000. 2 payments left and then it's just repair bills!
Congratulations!!!

I'm not sure about the transmission yet.
It still needs the break in phase but the driving off from a stop is pretty clunky.
I'll give it some miles to get settled.