Notices
Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Big Thanks to telum 01

Old 05-12-2016, 02:29 PM
captain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to behold
Will the seats still be adjustable ? For aft?
I was also thinking of doing this and look fwd to your pics and comments, I never seem to be able to get comfortable in the Vantage despite its many adjustments

Old 05-12-2016, 06:45 PM
telum01 has a reputation beyond reputetelum01 has a reputation beyond reputetelum01 has a reputation beyond reputetelum01 has a reputation beyond reputetelum01 has a reputation beyond reputetelum01 has a reputation beyond reputetelum01 has a reputation beyond reputetelum01 has a reputation beyond reputetelum01 has a reputation beyond reputetelum01 has a reputation beyond reputetelum01 has a reputation beyond repute
The setup completely replaces the OEM equipment. So the seat itself along with all the electronic adjustments will be gone. The new seat will be on sliders, so I'll still have manual adjustment fore and aft.

People tend to get weirded out by this, but the way I look at it... how often do I adjust my seat? I have it where I want it and only move it when I need it out of the way while I access the area behind it (say, constantly swapping batteries for testing lol). And even then, it's WAY quicker to move a sliding seat back and forward than to wait for an electronic one to move.

Downside to that is that I won't be able to lean the seat forward. But... huge weight loss and way, way more support on track. It's not a modification for everyone, but it's a big one for those of us that are okay with it!

I'll add a bunch of detail to my "nimble" thread when the seat gets here next week

Last edited by telum01; 05-12-2016 at 06:50 PM.
Old 05-13-2016, 04:35 AM
captain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to behold
Agree fully on the adjustment and sliders are more than suffiecient, like you I hardly ever adjust the seat and my car is not driven by anyone else.
Will the seats come with rails for sliding fwd and back that can mount onto existing supports.
We will all just have to wait and see.
I can see myself doing this mod, and I am not into resale value, and therefore will augment the car to my bespoke needs I did not purchase a vantage to recover its value one day when I sell it.
I will also want to go for red seat belts to compliment my red sills and door handles, at first when I did that it was very loud, I'm very comfortable with them now.

Old 05-13-2016, 07:57 AM
telum01 has a reputation beyond reputetelum01 has a reputation beyond reputetelum01 has a reputation beyond reputetelum01 has a reputation beyond reputetelum01 has a reputation beyond reputetelum01 has a reputation beyond reputetelum01 has a reputation beyond reputetelum01 has a reputation beyond reputetelum01 has a reputation beyond reputetelum01 has a reputation beyond reputetelum01 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by captain Greg View Post
Agree fully on the adjustment and sliders are more than suffiecient, like you I hardly ever adjust the seat and my car is not driven by anyone else.
Will the seats come with rails for sliding fwd and back that can mount onto existing supports.
We will all just have to wait and see.
I can see myself doing this mod, and I am not into resale value, and therefore will augment the car to my bespoke needs I did not purchase a vantage to recover its value one day when I sell it.
I will also want to go for red seat belts to compliment my red sills and door handles, at first when I did that it was very loud, I'm very comfortable with them now.
The hardest part about this for you is going to be those import costs. The margins on Recaro stuff are SUPER low, so there's practically no room to wiggle reduce your tax burden.

The red seatbelts would be cool, but you'd have to get them from a company that already sells them - like Porsche, and those are super expensive. I *think* the reason is because of safety certification costs. Aside from that, I'm not sure about compatibility swapping from one car to another.

Harnesses would be the best, especially for the seats. I'm already working on that...

Old 05-13-2016, 01:53 PM
bluecab is on a distinguished road
Hi Telum,
Sorry if I am asking a dumb question, but where can I see your videos?

Old 05-13-2016, 03:07 PM
Originally Posted by bluecab View Post
Hi Telum,
Sorry if I am asking a dumb question, but where can I see your videos?
Google is your best mate?

Type in redpants Aston Martin videos, wade through the multiple milf cheerleader intros, and naked blonde teen on roller blades clips, then click on the videos that have like a car that resembles an Aston sit back and become educated, when done start with the milf cheerleaders tubes

Old 05-13-2016, 05:26 PM
Not a dumb question! They're on YouTube under the same screen name I have here.

Greg, I hope you have a "delete my browsing history" clause in your will

Last edited by telum01; 05-13-2016 at 05:37 PM.
Old 05-14-2016, 02:13 PM
I thought I would load a pic of a seat belt system that is quite cheap, this one is a four point harness that is fitted into an experimental aircraft I fly with the owner.

I like the red but would prefer an aviation speck (turn to release buckle) if your looking for affordable options its worth considering, I will not post the manufacturer (forum rules) but it will be cheaper than spargo or other high end stuff, it is adjustable in 4 points to fit even the largest of persons

Old 05-15-2016, 01:18 AM
dshield is on a distinguished road
Agreed! My '07 V8V ran suspiciously cold on the Anti-Football Rally, Jan 1 2016. The posted instructions for the replacement thermostat were exactly correct. Thanks!

Old 05-15-2016, 07:50 AM
Originally Posted by captain Greg View Post
I thought I would load a pic of a seat belt system that is quite cheap, this one is a four point harness that is fitted into an experimental aircraft I fly with the owner.
Harnesses are a different ballgame than standard 3-point seat belts. In some countries (most countries?) they're heavily regulated safety systems. So in the US, for example, there are only a couple harness manufacturers with DOT approval for public roads. (DOT is the Department of Transportation, basically the federal authority for road-going cars.)

Adding to that, you need to have very specific mounting for harnesses. A harness bar is one option, which is bolted or welded into the car behind the seats, and the harness attaches to that. You can also mount the harness to the points on the chassis itself. Either way, there are several considerations for mounting harnesses - almost all of which will require some kind of semi-serious modification to the car.

Originally Posted by dshield View Post
Agreed! My '07 V8V ran suspiciously cold on the Anti-Football Rally, Jan 1 2016. The posted instructions for the replacement thermostat were exactly correct. Thanks!
Glad it helped and welcome to the forum!