Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

So she backs into my car....

Old 06-25-2016, 08:36 PM
karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !
Most Aston dealerships will not sell a car that has a Carfax incident report. If they take the car in trade, they will knock a huge amount off the trade offer and then send the car to an auction. You could probably expect to take a hit for at least $10K in diminution of value. I speak from experience.

Also, don't be surprised if the repairs for this damage from a factory-authorized paint and body shop go over $15,000. When the body shop makes a repair, they buy the parts from the dealership at full retail price so the dealership gets maximum profit. The body shop will then tack on its own profit margin on top of that price. In addition to the new fender which will have to be replaced, paintwork will require partial painting of the bonnet, bumper and door (even if they had no damage) because they will need to feather the paint in.

Hopefully, the lady's insurance is sufficient to cover the full repair. Otherwise, your insurance will pay for the repair and then go after her and her insurance company to get the money back. In my case with my previous Vantage, the girl had the bare minimum coverage. I understand that she had to be put on a payment plan to repay the damage because her coverage was for $10K and the repair of my car came up to a whopping $36K. It took two years for me to get my deductible back.

Sorry that you have to go through this, it's heartbreaking I know.

Old 06-25-2016, 09:29 PM
terminal_ac is a splendid one to beholdterminal_ac is a splendid one to beholdterminal_ac is a splendid one to beholdterminal_ac is a splendid one to beholdterminal_ac is a splendid one to beholdterminal_ac is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by karlfranz
Most Aston dealerships will not sell a car that has a Carfax incident report. If they take the car in trade, they will knock a huge amount off the trade offer and then send the car to an auction. You could probably expect to take a hit for at least $10K in diminution of value. I speak from experience.

Also, don't be surprised if the repairs for this damage from a factory-authorized paint and body shop go over $15,000. When the body shop makes a repair, they buy the parts from the dealership at full retail price so the dealership gets maximum profit. The body shop will then tack on its own profit margin on top of that price. In addition to the new fender which will have to be replaced, paintwork will require partial painting of the bonnet, bumper and door (even if they had no damage) because they will need to feather the paint in.

Hopefully, the lady's insurance is sufficient to cover the full repair. Otherwise, your insurance will pay for the repair and then go after her and her insurance company to get the money back. In my case with my previous Vantage, the girl had the bare minimum coverage. I understand that she had to be put on a payment plan to repay the damage because her coverage was for $10K and the repair of my car came up to a whopping $36K. It took two years for me to get my deductible back.

And this about sums up why I flipped.... For that "little" love tap, it's going to require that much paint work.... Oh well, such is life....

Old 06-25-2016, 10:40 PM
alexhuth will become famous soon enough
I have to tell you ever since my little scratch I actually felt better driving my Aston. It took it off of a pedestal or something. I catch my self enjoying it more now.

Maybe I'm just strange like that, but I catch myself having more fun with it.

Old 06-25-2016, 11:33 PM
shootermcgav1n has a spectacular aura aboutshootermcgav1n has a spectacular aura about
Sorry to hear this. Geico should pick up the tab pretty well but she may get dropped depending how bad the bill is.

Old 06-26-2016, 12:40 AM
EZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud of
I would estimate near 15k as well. Make sure you get new parts instead of a pile of bondo.

Old 06-27-2016, 07:26 AM
embdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by alexhuth
I have to tell you ever since my little scratch I actually felt better driving my Aston. It took it off of a pedestal or something. I catch my self enjoying it more now.

Maybe I'm just strange like that, but I catch myself having more fun with it.
Completely understand. I am nervous wreck when driving in close traffic with everyone and their sister yapping on their phones

Old 06-27-2016, 11:47 AM
telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !
Wow, really sorry to see this!!

I've been through the diminished value stuff myself, and I suggested in another recent thread that it might be worth getting a lawyer.

Here's the thread from my accident (other driver was 100% at fault)
https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...hed-value.html

Long story short, his insurance company didn't want to pay out, so I sued him. His insurance company brought in a lawyer and "expert appraiser" from CarFax. They had no way to refute my data, and the judge awarded me more than I sued for. The case was so one-sided that my lawyer took less than we agreed upon because I did all the work lol. Happy to consult if needed

Old 06-27-2016, 12:12 PM
karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by embdenb
Completely understand. I am nervous wreck when driving in close traffic with everyone and their sister yapping on their phones
The girl that ran into the back of one of my Astons really did a number on me psychologically. Since that incident, I now am completely paranoid of anyone that stops too close behind me at a stop light.

Old 06-27-2016, 02:21 PM
07sportspack will become famous soon enough
Wow- Sorry it happened. The diminished value loss can be realized depending on the State you live and it's insurance laws. It's worth checking into. The accident/repair will remain with the car. I assure you it will come into play if you trade or sell it.

Old 06-27-2016, 03:47 PM
randyb will become famous soon enoughrandyb will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by karlfranz

$15k for a fender and maybe a couple brackets seems very high, for my accident, w/new fender, grill, bumper, hood and headlight was only $21k and the highest quote was $24k. Fenders are around $2k at the dealer or $1,500 from AM direct.

Also, sorry about your experience, sad that insurance carriers always make sure their packets are filled before yours.

Old 06-29-2016, 06:36 PM
terminal_ac is a splendid one to beholdterminal_ac is a splendid one to beholdterminal_ac is a splendid one to beholdterminal_ac is a splendid one to beholdterminal_ac is a splendid one to beholdterminal_ac is a splendid one to behold
Update....

The estimate came in... Just under $5000. The greatest expense is the fender itself @ $1,925.6. I know this price is inflated since I checked for myself what at one of the third party seller. This price is actually doubled!

Oh well, I don't car. So for a "minor" $5000 repair job, I lose 25 percent of the value of my car! You can't make this stuff up....

Old 08-31-2016, 08:19 PM
The car is repaired. I believe they did a decent job. The final cost was approximately $6,184. They had to replace the clear bra on both front quarters, as well as the bumper.

At the end of the day, it took 2 months to get the repairs done. Meanwhile, summer is just about over! Oh well, there's always next summer's driving season.

Last edited by terminal_ac; 09-01-2016 at 03:14 PM.
Old 09-01-2016, 12:52 PM
AXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to behold
Where did you take your car to be repaired? (What body shop?)

Old 09-01-2016, 03:13 PM
Originally Posted by AXARUNNER
Where did you take your car to be repaired? (What body shop?)

Dropped it off at Aston Martin Summit and they subcontracted it out to:

Peotter's Auto Body
186 Broad St, Summit, NJ 07901
908-273-4000

This shop is certified by Aston Martin to perform B level work.

I believe there is only one shop is NJ that is A level certified.

Old 09-01-2016, 03:48 PM
AXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to behold
I had Ferrara's AB in Montclair fix this for me earlier this year (I backed my Aston into my Audi... in my own driveway...completely sober). You're looking at $15K worth of damage.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: So she backs into my car....