Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

So she backs into my car....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-01-2016, 03:55 PM
terminal_ac is a splendid one to beholdterminal_ac is a splendid one to beholdterminal_ac is a splendid one to beholdterminal_ac is a splendid one to beholdterminal_ac is a splendid one to beholdterminal_ac is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by AXARUNNER
I had Ferrara's AB in Montclair fix this....

Ferrara's is a great shop. They are not Aston Martin Certified, however. They are working to get certification. But for the Aston Martin certification issue, I would have used them.

Btw, they painted my rear valence yellow for me.

Old 09-23-2016, 02:05 PM
terminal_ac is a splendid one to beholdterminal_ac is a splendid one to beholdterminal_ac is a splendid one to beholdterminal_ac is a splendid one to beholdterminal_ac is a splendid one to beholdterminal_ac is a splendid one to behold
Just an FYI.

The repair for this came in at over $8k.

With more paint work being required, we are looking at over 10K to get this done to my expectations.

Old 12-01-2016, 07:54 PM
So of course, GEICO refused to pay me for diminished value. According to them, the car did meet "NY State Regulations" for payment of diminished value. So of course, when I asked precisely what regulation this was, CRICKETS!!

I guess, I'll see them in NY State Supreme Court.

Old 12-01-2016, 08:02 PM
deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !
Sue their asses

Old 12-02-2016, 09:00 AM
Originally Posted by deckman
Sue their asses
I was hoping it wouldn't come to that, but unfortunately their tact is not unexpected.

Pain in the *** though.... Sadly, the more they drag this out, the greater the cost to them....

Old 12-03-2016, 11:03 PM
shootermcgav1n has a spectacular aura aboutshootermcgav1n has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by terminal_ac
I was hoping it wouldn't come to that, but unfortunately their tact is not unexpected.

Pain in the *** though.... Sadly, the more they drag this out, the greater the cost to them....
for sure it's a gamble on their part hoping you won't actually take action. please keep up posted on how this works out and best of luck.

Old 12-04-2016, 03:45 PM
mkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud of
I hope you make geico pay dearly for that.

I freaken hate them, they jack up my aston insurance rate by 3x upon my renewal because they know at that time (my age etc) it would be hard to find someone else who would insure both my cars. I had no claims, never was at fault in an accident, this came about after someone pulled a hit and run on my daily, which I called the cops but didnt bother going through insurance.

I ended up paying 10k in insurance that year and switched as soon as I was able to find an alternate insurer.

Old 12-04-2016, 04:53 PM
Originally Posted by mkzhang
I hope you make geico pay dearly for that.

I freaken hate them, they jack up my aston insurance rate by 3x upon my renewal because they know at that time (my age etc) it would be hard to find someone else who would insure both my cars. I had no claims, never was at fault in an accident, this came about after someone pulled a hit and run on my daily, which I called the cops but didnt bother going through insurance.

I ended up paying 10k in insurance that year and switched as soon as I was able to find an alternate insurer.
10k for insurance is ridiculous. They wouldn't even write a policy for my car at a value of over 150K. I'm with Chubb now.

I'll get my money but it will just be a process that I go through. I don't see why I should lose when I was merely standing next to my car pumping gas.

Old 12-05-2016, 08:59 AM
Banned
Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by terminal_ac
I'll get my money but it will just be a process that I go through. I don't see why I should lose when I was merely standing next to my car pumping gas.
This is something to keep in mind when going through this. Remember, you're the victim here. They've damaged your asset and have cost you money when you did nothing wrong - you're the victim.

I hate sounding like an ambulance chaser (no offense to any lawyers on here lol) but that's the bottom line, and it's something you need to make clear to the judge when this goes to court. It wasn't like two vehicles collided and each could have done something differently to avoid it - rather, the other driver was 100% at fault, and you could do nothing to avoid the accident, so you are the victim and they need to make you whole for it by compensating you for the loss of value on your asset.