Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Aston Vantage Wheel offsets and such...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-02-2016, 05:34 PM
EGR
EGR is an unknown quantity at this point
Aston Vantage Wheel offsets and such...

Hey all, new to the community here... I just picked up my first Aston Martin- it's a very clean 2006 Vantage. Stock wheels are looking a little old, i'm trying to source some new shoes for the lady. I have several options picked out but cannot seem to confirm if any of them will actually fit. Whats the biggest clearance issue, i'm guessing the brakes? I'm looking for a 20x9/10 setup, ideally offsets of around 35 up front and 40 in the rear.

Can anyone chime in on this? Whats the lowest offset before things start poking out a bit too far??

thanks...

and a pic of the new ride!

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7611.JPG
Views:	194
Size:	1.06 MB
ID:	452648  
Old 07-03-2016, 06:03 AM
Montana107 is on a distinguished road
Welcome!

Mine are

20x9 et 42
20x11 et 52

I am sure the math can be done to convert to a 10 rear - I believe there is a web site I found to calculate offsets - have fun!

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1149
Size:	2.53 MB
ID:	452654  
Old 07-03-2016, 06:14 AM
Another photo for your review of fitment

Name:	image.jpeg
Views:	207
Size:	700.5 KB
ID:	452655  
Old 07-03-2016, 12:28 PM
SheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to all
Originally Posted by Montana107
Another photo for your review of fitment
Love the car by the way, the rims are what I am thinking about myself. However, my number one pet peeve on rims is where the lip of the rims stick out slightly, on a lot of aftermarket rims the lips stick out really bad, and that also depends on tire that is chosen.

How bad or how close are the HRE 101's lip sticking out. Doesn't seem like at all or minimally, but hard to tell in those picks. Could you possibly shoot another or two please trying to show how the lip of the rim fits with the bead of the tire? Just trying to see how flush it is, similar to factory rim lips.

Thanks

Old 07-03-2016, 12:32 PM
007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of
Every full inch adds and additional 13mm on each side

Old 07-03-2016, 12:34 PM
007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of
I ran 48 up front and 55 rear. In retrospect 46 or 44 would have been better but I personally would not go lower than that if you plan on running pilot super sports be they run so wide and the rubber lip on them adds a solid 7-8mm of additional width

Old 07-03-2016, 01:18 PM
Originally Posted by SheriffDep
Love the car by the way, the rims are what I am thinking about myself. However, my number one pet peeve on rims is where the lip of the rims stick out slightly, on a lot of aftermarket rims the lips stick out really bad, and that also depends on tire that is chosen.

How bad or how close are the HRE 101's lip sticking out. Doesn't seem like at all or minimally, but hard to tell in those picks. Could you possibly shoot another or two please trying to show how the lip of the rim fits with the bead of the tire? Just trying to see how flush it is, similar to factory rim lips.

Thanks
I have the same concern as you and learned the hard way... these tires do not fit the way I like them either - I will tell you it is most likely the tire chosen - These are Pirelli P Zero Nero and they do not have a squared sidewall - The michelin have a much better sidewall profile for my taste - If I did it again I would have gone with 19 x 9 front and 19 x 10x5 rear with Michelins PSC2 - I just like more sidewall - These have 305 rear and 255 front - if you were to take the wheel off and lay them down the wheel would touch the ground As the wheels just barely stick out beyond the tires -

Last edited by Montana107; 07-03-2016 at 09:10 PM.
Old 07-03-2016, 10:56 PM
Pilot sport cup 2s have a great sidewall, but I really do not like the pilot super sport sidewalks, they stick out way too far yet simultaneously have a gap between the wheel rim and the tire sidewall bead. It's a really weird shaped sidewalk.

Pirelli Corsa have a nice sidewall too but they do not last long at all and are stupid expensive

Old 07-04-2016, 04:40 AM
handyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond repute
How about the Continental ExtremeContact DW, that's what I put on my Vantage this year and love them

Old 07-04-2016, 10:31 AM
SheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to all
I have the same concern as you and learned the hard way... these tires do not fit the way I like them either - I will tell you it is most likely the tire chosen - These are Pirelli P Zero Nero and they do not have a squared sidewall - The michelin have a much better sidewall profile for my taste - If I did it again I would have gone with 19 x 9 front and 19 x 10x5 rear with Michelins PSC2 - I just like more sidewall - These have 305 rear and 255 front - if you were to take the wheel off and lay them down the wheel would touch the ground As the wheels just barely stick out beyond the tires -
If you did the 19's, and used the PSS tire, would the rim touch like currently. I would be willing to bet all HRE's are not like what you described, but I have been wrong plenty of times. I hate the look of the rims sticking out. Looks odd to me.

Old 07-04-2016, 10:35 AM
Originally Posted by handyman2009
How about the Continental ExtremeContact DW, that's what I put on my Vantage this year and love them
1. The DWS tires do have great grip also and are all season, and sidewall is great, however do your DW's make any road noise. My past two Mercs (AMG's) got brand new DWS's and they good tires, however two things:

1. IF I let the car sit for more than 3-4 days, then when first driving they ran rough, as if the roundness was off a tad. Then smoothed right out. Worries me for a garage car that could sit for a month.
2. The DWS made slight road noise on highway. Only time I ever heard it. Slight hum or so. Just wondering if you experience any of that with the DW version.

I also had a set of PSS, they were all around awesome, but I couldn't pass up $99 Conti's. Likely I would do the PSS or cups, but the sidewall design looks great on the Conti's.

Old 07-04-2016, 11:10 AM
EGR
EGR is an unknown quantity at this point
Welcome!

Mine are

20x9 et 42
20x11 et 52

I am sure the math can be done to convert to a 10 rear - I believe there is a web site I found to calculate offsets - have fun!
Beautiful ride! thanks for sharing

Old 07-04-2016, 03:18 PM
handyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond repute
1. The DWS tires do have great grip also and are all season, and sidewall is great, however do your DW's make any road noise. My past two Mercs (AMG's) got brand new DWS's and they good tires, however two things:

1. IF I let the car sit for more than 3-4 days, then when first driving they ran rough, as if the roundness was off a tad. Then smoothed right out. Worries me for a garage car that could sit for a month.
2. The DWS made slight road noise on highway. Only time I ever heard it. Slight hum or so. Just wondering if you experience any of that with the DW version.

I also had a set of PSS, they were all around awesome, but I couldn't pass up $99 Conti's. Likely I would do the PSS or cups, but the sidewall design looks great on the Conti's.
I personally love those tire, they are a good mix of performance/price/quality. I also run them on my 2014 BMW 328 and find them to be very quiet, as they are summer tire unlike the DWS which are all-Season threads. Here is how they look on 19" wheels running 285/35

Continental ExtremeContact DW 285/35R19

Old 07-04-2016, 09:22 PM
If you did the 19's, and used the PSS tire, would the rim touch like currently. I would be willing to bet all HRE's are not like what you described, but I have been wrong plenty of times. I hate the look of the rims sticking out. Looks odd to me.
It's not necessarily the wheel or the manufacturer but the tire profile and design. I have a set of PSC2 for the track that fit on my 20's nicely over the rim lip.

Old 07-05-2016, 10:48 AM
Site Sponsor
GMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond repute
Just so you are all aware.. when you find the right HRE Wheel dealer they can calculate all of the offset and tire information for you based on your desired fitment. So no need to be concerned or do any math! Feel free to PM me if you have questions and I can get you taken care of.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Aston Vantage Wheel offsets and such...