Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Interview with Aston's CMO

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-12-2016, 06:42 AM
mkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud of
Interview with Aston's CMO

I dont really like business insider, but this is a pretty good short article about his view on how to improve / direction on where he wants to take the ownership experience of aston vs. other exotics.

http://www.businessinsider.com/aston...-the-us-2016-7

Old 07-15-2016, 09:57 PM
AusTTin Bob is on a distinguished road
And he's wearing a blue Seamaster - maybe that comes with the job.

From the article:
(Snip)
People think of Ferrari as red sports cars, Lamborghini as "more extreme" Italian sports cars, Rolls Royce do big luxury sedans, but what do people in the US think of Aston Martin?

"If you said define Aston Martin to a lot of American consumers, I think they would struggle," Sproule admitted.
(End snip)

I'd be curious to hear what people on this forum would say. I guess I think of "big, especially good looking grand tourers," or even just "not the same old Teslas and Lexuses all the neighbors have."

Old 07-16-2016, 05:52 AM
superuser is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by AusTTin Bob
And he's wearing a blue Seamaster - maybe that comes with the job.

From the article:
(Snip)
People think of Ferrari as red sports cars, Lamborghini as "more extreme" Italian sports cars, Rolls Royce do big luxury sedans, but what do people in the US think of Aston Martin?

"If you said define Aston Martin to a lot of American consumers, I think they would struggle," Sproule admitted.
(End snip)

I'd be curious to hear what people on this forum would say. I guess I think of "big, especially good looking grand tourers," or even just "not the same old Teslas and Lexuses all the neighbors have."
After about a month of having my Vantage I have noticed a few things.
  • It gets a lit of more attention from non enthusiast than the 964. The Porsche would get a lot of conversations started with car guys, like anyone in a modded WRX, m3, ext. They know its special, air cooled, last of a kind.
  • Most people assume that the Vantage is brand new.
  • They all say Jame Bond car
  • Everyone mentions how stunning it is, this does not happen nearly as much in the 964.

Cheers
Daryl

Old 07-16-2016, 10:17 AM
deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !
Most people ask me what kind of car is it? Then they say the Bond thing. It gets much better approvals from the public than my Porsche's ever did. That is when the Porsche's got noticed at all.

Old 07-16-2016, 07:23 PM
zuman is a splendid one to beholdzuman is a splendid one to beholdzuman is a splendid one to beholdzuman is a splendid one to beholdzuman is a splendid one to beholdzuman is a splendid one to beholdzuman is a splendid one to beholdzuman is a splendid one to behold
I've had an email conversation with Simon Sproule.
He impresses me as someone who both knows the auto business well AND respects the Aston Martin brand. I'm sure that we won't all agree with everything they do, but I do believe that they're trying to find the best balance between commercial success, commitment to the existing owner base, and overall integrity.
I think that the company is in good hands with the professional management team they have in place.

Old 07-18-2016, 01:13 PM
09DBS will become famous soon enough
Brilliant; I like where AM is going with this next business model and segment. It seems that they are identifying with some of the core and key business models to move ahead with the ever evolving automotive community.

I enjoyed his car-and-magazine analogy especially identifying with progressing in the direction of focusing on the experience for it's owners. The, "having lunch with Sproule" paragraph seems that he is onto allowing some of us younger "squire" owners a seat at the knights table to share our experiences, inputs and stories.

In many ways, I believe AM ownership equals inherent brand stewardship as there are not too many of us out there driving around en masse as you would see other exotics.

Additionally, I tend to find that we typically garner that second look with few being able to identify with our brand and more than not receiving that complementary smile or nod of approval here in SoCal when driving around the coasts of Malibu or beach side San Diego roads.

I was about town just yesterday for brunch at the Malibu beach Inn with my West LA "muse" who works in the T.V. and film networks production industry and funny thing she mentioned was to please pick her up in the Aston - after asking why? and I quote her, "it's always an elevated experience"...next thing you know, I get an invite the 2016 Emmy's!

Last edited by 09DBS; 05-13-2018 at 01:08 AM.