Notices
Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Vantage Side Skirt comparsion

Old 07-22-2016, 05:53 PM
Basic Sponsor
Stuart@VelocityAP has a reputation beyond reputeStuart@VelocityAP has a reputation beyond reputeStuart@VelocityAP has a reputation beyond reputeStuart@VelocityAP has a reputation beyond reputeStuart@VelocityAP has a reputation beyond reputeStuart@VelocityAP has a reputation beyond reputeStuart@VelocityAP has a reputation beyond reputeStuart@VelocityAP has a reputation beyond reputeStuart@VelocityAP has a reputation beyond reputeStuart@VelocityAP has a reputation beyond reputeStuart@VelocityAP has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Zettinger View Post
Since not all vendors are forum sponsors, I'm sure this is not allowed.
We can supply any of the OEM AML or AMR parts if anyone is interested, just PM me for pricing.

206 Maple Avenue
Oliver, BC
Canada V2A 4W6
Office: (1)250-485-5126
www.velocityap.com
Old 07-23-2016, 05:58 AM
embdenb is a name known to allembdenb is a name known to allembdenb is a name known to allembdenb is a name known to allembdenb is a name known to allembdenb is a name known to all
Originally Posted by shootermcgav1n View Post
those are nice and simple, are the meteor ones the same way or a pop off and replace?

btw i just watched an entire video on how to remove side skirts and wow, quite the involved process!
I watched the video and two things I noticed.
The jack stands were placed under the front and rear suspensions. I would have liked to see exactly where.
The two rivets the hold the front of the front wheel inner guard. How were those removed?

Old 07-26-2016, 08:01 AM
captain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by karlfranz View Post
I've had Astons with all the different OEM side skirt styles. I think the N400 after still my favorite.
I know nothing about sills and body augmentations, I know i like your car! full stop even your blue one had me at hello

Old 08-30-2016, 12:46 PM
Zettinger is just really niceZettinger is just really niceZettinger is just really niceZettinger is just really niceZettinger is just really nice
updated the weight for the GT4 skirts per Telum's thread.

Old 08-30-2016, 01:11 PM
telum01 has a reputation beyond reputetelum01 has a reputation beyond reputetelum01 has a reputation beyond reputetelum01 has a reputation beyond reputetelum01 has a reputation beyond reputetelum01 has a reputation beyond reputetelum01 has a reputation beyond reputetelum01 has a reputation beyond reputetelum01 has a reputation beyond reputetelum01 has a reputation beyond reputetelum01 has a reputation beyond repute
Ah thanks, totally forgot about this comparison thread. Quick notes: full carbon, not FRP/carbon mix, and 5 lbs 13 oz each (not sure if the weights for others are per sill or per pair). I'll weigh the originals when I pull them off the car in the next couple days.

Old 08-30-2016, 02:07 PM
Zettinger is just really niceZettinger is just really niceZettinger is just really niceZettinger is just really niceZettinger is just really nice
Originally Posted by telum01 View Post
Ah thanks, totally forgot about this comparison thread. Quick notes: full carbon, not FRP/carbon mix, and 5 lbs 13 oz each (not sure if the weights for others are per sill or per pair). I'll weigh the originals when I pull them off the car in the next couple days.
Thanks.. Updated.

Old 08-30-2016, 07:14 PM
programmatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond repute
FYI, I purchased OEM N400 side skirts in August 2016 from Aston Martin of Tysons (Vienna, Virginia) for less than the price of replica N400 side skirts from one of the site sponsors. Check the price of the OEM N400 side skirts with your dealer or preferred vendor first if you're considering them.

Last edited by programmatore; 08-30-2016 at 08:05 PM.
Old 09-14-2016, 10:26 AM
Originally Posted by programmatore View Post
FYI, I purchased OEM N400 side skirts in August 2016 from Aston Martin of Tysons (Vienna, Virginia) for less than the price of replica N400 side skirts from one of the site sponsors. Check the price of the OEM N400 side skirts with your dealer or preferred vendor first if you're considering them.
Could you share pictures please.

If you don't mind the price per PM please.

Old 09-14-2016, 11:58 AM
programmatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Zettinger View Post
Could you share pictures please.

If you don't mind the price per PM please.
Pricing sent via PM. See picture below. I will drop the car off at an independent shop next week to get the RSC Tuning spacers installed so the wheels are flush with the fenders and sideskirts.

Old 09-16-2016, 07:47 PM
handyman2009 is a splendid one to beholdhandyman2009 is a splendid one to beholdhandyman2009 is a splendid one to beholdhandyman2009 is a splendid one to beholdhandyman2009 is a splendid one to beholdhandyman2009 is a splendid one to beholdhandyman2009 is a splendid one to beholdhandyman2009 is a splendid one to behold
Just ordered the V8S/V12 Side skirt from Astonmartinbits for almost half the price of the dealer in Canada and that included the shipping cost from UK. Crazy

Will get them painted over the winter and install next spring

Old 09-18-2016, 08:42 AM
Originally Posted by handyman2009 View Post
Just ordered the V8S/V12 Side skirt from Astonmartinbits for almost half the price of the dealer in Canada and that included the shipping cost from UK. Crazy

Will get them painted over the winter and install next spring
Congrats!!!

I'm wondering if I should add ballpark prices to the different positions for reference.
Of course I would need input from user who acquired the pieces...

Any suggestions?

Old 09-18-2016, 09:09 AM
telum01 has a reputation beyond reputetelum01 has a reputation beyond reputetelum01 has a reputation beyond reputetelum01 has a reputation beyond reputetelum01 has a reputation beyond reputetelum01 has a reputation beyond reputetelum01 has a reputation beyond reputetelum01 has a reputation beyond reputetelum01 has a reputation beyond reputetelum01 has a reputation beyond reputetelum01 has a reputation beyond repute
Pricing info isn't allowed, even for forum sponsors. Best to avoid getting into pricing.

Old 04-13-2019, 06:28 PM
Administrator
GT3 Chuck has a reputation beyond reputeGT3 Chuck has a reputation beyond reputeGT3 Chuck has a reputation beyond reputeGT3 Chuck has a reputation beyond reputeGT3 Chuck has a reputation beyond reputeGT3 Chuck has a reputation beyond reputeGT3 Chuck has a reputation beyond reputeGT3 Chuck has a reputation beyond reputeGT3 Chuck has a reputation beyond reputeGT3 Chuck has a reputation beyond reputeGT3 Chuck has a reputation beyond repute
This thread is nearly three years old...threadclosed