Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Insurance

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-07-2016, 11:23 PM
Dalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to behold
Insurance

Hi guys in with progressive insurance and they have been great with my M cars. However, now that I am on the verge of getting an Aston I was wondering which insurance company's people are using. Progressive do not offer a limited mileage in WA State.

Old 09-08-2016, 04:11 AM
VANTAGE_06 is an unknown quantity at this point
I had mine added to our Liberty mutual existing motor policy and it was less than $400 for the year. Not limited mileage. I guess its one of the benefits of living in Maine :-D

Old 09-08-2016, 05:11 AM
telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !
Old 09-08-2016, 09:04 AM
shootermcgav1n has a spectacular aura aboutshootermcgav1n has a spectacular aura about
i went from geico to grundy.

Old 09-08-2016, 09:54 AM
Zettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of light
to summarize the links.

I used to be with Progressive and they were OK for my M cars.

OK because when I looked at historical data, they raised the premiums with every payment. That transitioned from being the most cost efficient option to most expensive.

Grundy Exotic (not multi car!) was the best option for the Aston by far!
I'm paying ~$800 annual no mileage limitation.

Old 09-08-2016, 10:14 AM
SheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to all
I am actually waiting on my bill now.

05 DB9 listed as a third car w/ no home policy.

Pleasure/no limit on miles---Hagerty through my Nationwide policy

ACV I put was 65k--quote was $1400yr full coverage $500 deductible

I have been with them for 25years, same policy etc.... This makes a difference when there is a claim, they typically will react faster and be somewhat more forgiving. Its worth it for me, at least for now. I can go with USAA if I want too, but will wait till I return from AFG to sort that part out if I feel like it. Otherwise the price is fair in my eyes. Anything around $110 a month for an exotic is worth it.

Old 09-08-2016, 08:33 PM
Ron Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to behold
I have all of my collector cars with Hagerty. They have been very good over the last 10 years.
Ron

Old 09-09-2016, 09:14 AM
Dalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to behold
Thanks guys, I'm going to read through the added threads and make some calls today. I'm having a PPI done on a car in CA. It's a 2012 V8Vs one owner full AM service history with 11k miles. It's still under factory extended warranty until December.

Old 09-15-2016, 08:39 AM
kdavos is on a distinguished road
Hi all

Massachusetts Driver - lowest points possible (highest driver rating)
Safety Insurance w/ House w/ 3 cars and umbrella policy on same policy..cost of insurance on my 14 V8V (full coverage) $1109/yr.

I used to have gieco before getting the V8V but they didnt offer coverage for AMs. I was strongly advised by the dealer to not use cheap insurance companies (geico/esurance etc.) for cars of this caliber.

Old 09-15-2016, 03:36 PM
shootermcgav1n has a spectacular aura aboutshootermcgav1n has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by kdavos
Hi all

Massachusetts Driver - lowest points possible (highest driver rating)
Safety Insurance w/ House w/ 3 cars and umbrella policy on same policy..cost of insurance on my 14 V8V (full coverage) $1109/yr.

I used to have gieco before getting the V8V but they didnt offer coverage for AMs. I was strongly advised by the dealer to not use cheap insurance companies (geico/esurance etc.) for cars of this caliber.
geico offers coverage, that's who i had. they also insure my friends 360. you won't get agreed upon value however with them so it depends how much you're into your car for.

Old 09-15-2016, 04:47 PM
XJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by shootermcgav1n
geico offers coverage, that's who i had. they also insure my friends 360. you won't get agreed upon value however with them so it depends how much you're into your car for.
Not all companies offer insurance for all car types in all states, so I don't doubt that the poster couldn't get Geico to insure an Aston in Mass. Allstate wouldn't insure my Aston in CT until I got special exemption from the main office because I was a 20 year customer with all my insurance with them. It'd be nice if insurance was 50-state consistent for all companies.