Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

DB9 tuning ?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-19-2016, 11:54 AM
randyb will become famous soon enoughrandyb will become famous soon enough
DB9 tuning ?

Does anybody sell a tune that just smooths out the shifting and take offs from a stop?

Take offs are the most frustrating because I either lurch forward or spin the wheels and set off the traction control which annoys me to no end.

Old 09-19-2016, 01:01 PM
SheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to all
Originally Posted by randyb
Does anybody sell a tune that just smooths out the shifting and take offs from a stop?

Take offs are the most frustrating because I either lurch forward or spin the wheels and set off the traction control which annoys me to no end.
Check with Stuart at Velocity ap. Not sure why its lurching. The car has enough power to spin tires, so if your flooring it at take off, then the traction control will engage. But, typically tuners can mess with the TCU and maybe smooth it. Might be time for a transmission fluid flushing and change. That a lot of times will change the characteristics of how it drives.

Old 09-19-2016, 01:49 PM
yvr
yvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud of
Old 09-28-2016, 08:07 PM
Basic Sponsor
Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !
Might be wise to drop by a dealer and make sure your PCM software is up to date and that your misfire factors are stored(not free, would be a service labour charge). The shift points cannot be tuned, however PCM power output can be tuned by VelocityAP. If you find the throttle still to touchy on take off's, I'm sure VelocityAp can tune the throttle somehow for you at the same time.

For tires breaking lose easily, if you have a 2007, the tires would of been expired in 2013. Have you replaced the tires since 2013? Do you have the correct size and load rating? That would be 2 main reasons for tire slippage even if they have a good amount of meat on them still.

Old 09-28-2016, 09:10 PM
skeena river rove is on a distinguished road
I got the same problem. Rear tires are spinning a lot. But i am pretty sure i am the cause of it. Some how my right foot is a bit more heavy then my left

Couldn't resist

Old 09-29-2016, 03:25 PM
Mitch P. is on a distinguished road
This thread reminds me that I desperately need new tires and I'm afraid to take it to the local tire shop. The jacking points just are not clear IMO.

Good luck on your tune, I love mine from Velocity.

Old 09-30-2016, 04:11 AM
SheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to all
Originally Posted by Mitch P.
This thread reminds me that I desperately need new tires and I'm afraid to take it to the local tire shop. The jacking points just are not clear IMO.

Good luck on your tune, I love mine from Velocity.
Jack it up yourself, then take each wheel separately to the tire place that uses a touchless system. Have them slide on new rubber, then put back on car. One at a time, at least you wont worry.

Old 09-30-2016, 10:09 AM
Mitch P. is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by SheriffDep
Jack it up yourself, then take each wheel separately to the tire place that uses a touchless system. Have them slide on new rubber, then put back on car. One at a time, at least you wont worry.
Thanks, but honestly even I (pretty seasoned car enthusiast) am not 100% sure where the jacking points are. Even after looking at the video of the Vantage as well as one with the Db9 I am a bit confused. I think I'll go to my mechanic and have him show me while up on the lift.