Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Pics from my DB11 test drive ...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-15-2016, 02:45 PM
smdzucladoc is on a distinguished road
I had the same reaction when I saw them at the factory in May. Didn't like any of the pictures from press release, etc. But in person it's a beautiful car.

Old 10-15-2016, 06:29 PM
007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of
Sucker is WIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIDE

Old 10-16-2016, 09:57 AM
Zettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of light
Inspected the DB11 first time live at a car show.

There is not much left of the beautiful lines from the last generation cars. The DB9 beats the DB11 from every visible angle.
Even the grill looks like a Mustang.

Aston Martin still has to replace the Vantage, in my opinion the most beautiful car they ever produced.
If the company goes the same route, our Vantages will appreciate faster than everyone thought.

Old 10-16-2016, 11:10 AM
007JB has a spectacular aura about007JB has a spectacular aura about007JB has a spectacular aura about
Zettinger

Absolutely agree with you 100%. Vantage is most beautiful car in my opinion.
Aston Martin lines are what separated all cars from Aston. Now with DB11 it looks like just another car. in my opinion dash instrumentation is worst ever built by Aston.

Old 10-16-2016, 04:51 PM
DonBond is a jewel in the roughDonBond is a jewel in the roughDonBond is a jewel in the rough
Vantage is too short......entry level. Should have not been built with a v8 because is diminishes the marque but the v-12 Vantage is to be respected

Old 10-16-2016, 05:06 PM
blue2000s is a jewel in the roughblue2000s is a jewel in the roughblue2000s is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by DonBond
Vantage is too short......entry level. Should have not been built with a v8 because is diminishes the marque but the v-12 Vantage is to be respected
...Says the guy looking for the carpet dash cover...

Old 10-16-2016, 05:19 PM
XJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond repute
Yup.

Old 10-16-2016, 05:23 PM
DonBond is a jewel in the roughDonBond is a jewel in the roughDonBond is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by blue2000s
...Says the guy looking for the carpet dash cover...
I'll match my automotive portfolio over the last 45 years to anyone on this site, jocko, including yours. You want to be in the big boys club you need to step up and spend some coin for the real deal............v8v is entry level...........

Old 10-17-2016, 03:28 AM
SheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to all
I'll match my automotive portfolio over the last 45 years to anyone on this site, jocko, including yours. You want to be in the big boys club you need to step up and spend some coin for the real deal............v8v is entry level...........

Old 10-17-2016, 04:48 AM
handyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond repute
Wow, I think you need all kind to make a forum.

Old 10-17-2016, 08:15 AM
blue2000s is a jewel in the roughblue2000s is a jewel in the roughblue2000s is a jewel in the rough
...says the guy with the '05 DB9...

Old 10-17-2016, 08:59 AM
Ron Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to behold
As my people would say, OY.
Ron

Old 10-17-2016, 09:40 AM
Originally Posted by blue2000s
...says the guy with the '05 DB9...
Remember the first year of any model or the last year are generally the most highly sought after.........especially with a 6 speed manual in this case

Old 10-17-2016, 09:41 AM
embdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to behold
Belittling someone because they did not buy a V-12 car is beneath this list.

In my case I wanted a Vantage. Having owned a XJS Jaguar for 30 years I have come to the conclusion that the rear seats are just for show. I looked at the Maserati and decided against it for the same reason.
In reference to the DB-11, as I have always said, styling is subjective. I believe some of the classic car styles simple cannot continue as designers are pressured to produce the next shiny new thing.
Think of the original E Type Jaguar, classic and proportional lines, IMHO one of the best car designs in history. Then under pressure to make the cockpit larger the designers ruined the classic proportional lines in the later models.
Admittedly, the current Aston Martins may well be the best looking cars currently available. That said how long could Aston Martin survive if they kept the current models unchanged and just updated the drivetrain and electronics? No Long.

The new car is somewhat controversial but necessary.

Old 10-17-2016, 09:51 AM
Zettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by embdenb
Belittling someone because they did not buy a V-12 car is beneath this list.

In my case I wanted a Vantage. Having owned a XJS Jaguar for 30 years I have come to the conclusion that the rear seats are just for show. I looked at the Maserati and decided against it for the same reason.
In reference to the DB-11, as I have always said, styling is subjective. I believe some of the classic car styles simple cannot continue as designers are pressured to produce the next shiny new thing.
Think of the original E Type Jaguar, classic and proportional lines, IMHO one of the best car designs in history. Then under pressure to make the cockpit larger the designers ruined the classic proportional lines in the later models.
Admittedly, the current Aston Martins may well be the best looking cars currently available. That said how long could Aston Martin survive if they kept the current models unchanged and just updated the drivetrain and electronics? No Long.

The new car is somewhat controversial but necessary.
Aston Martin could have gone the 911 route.
Evolution not revolution as the DB11 is.
Tweaking the existing layout, body form and adding new engines, suspension for the next generation.

Last edited by Zettinger; 10-17-2016 at 09:53 AM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Pics from my DB11 test drive ...