Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Car show

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-23-2016, 05:12 PM
Dalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to behold
Car show

Hey Guys,
I went to the last car show of the year and it was dedicated to British cars. Here are some pics.

My red V8Vs sitting beside a gorgeous (for sale) V12 and a couple of Mclarens:

I thought the Tore red on my car was vibrant until I parked beside this McLaren. It made my color look like dull brown!

This old racing AM was a show stopper. I'm not sure what this is, does anyone know? I couldn't find the owner.

And some of the rest:

Last edited by Dalecannavan; 10-23-2016 at 05:16 PM.
Old 10-23-2016, 05:21 PM
pdacton has much to be proud ofpdacton has much to be proud ofpdacton has much to be proud ofpdacton has much to be proud ofpdacton has much to be proud ofpdacton has much to be proud ofpdacton has much to be proud ofpdacton has much to be proud of
That old Aston is a DBR1 - they have one at the Simeone Museum near me in Philadelphia. Stunning - and worth an absolute fortune!

http://www.simeonemuseum.org/the-col...on-martin-dbr1

Old 10-23-2016, 05:26 PM
pdacton has much to be proud ofpdacton has much to be proud ofpdacton has much to be proud ofpdacton has much to be proud ofpdacton has much to be proud ofpdacton has much to be proud ofpdacton has much to be proud ofpdacton has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by pdacton
That old Aston is a DBR1 - they have one at the Simeone Museum near me in Philadelphia. Stunning - and worth an absolute fortune!

http://www.simeonemuseum.org/the-col...on-martin-dbr1
Actually, I was wrong - it's a DBR2. The sibling to the DBR1, but with a bigger engine to compete in a different class than the DBR1.

Old 10-23-2016, 05:28 PM
Fantastic photos, by the way - what an amazing car show! Where is this? I assume somewhere near you in Seattle. We have something similar here in Bethlehem, PA, but we don't get cars that nice!

Old 10-23-2016, 06:02 PM
Dalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by pdacton
Fantastic photos, by the way - what an amazing car show! Where is this? I assume somewhere near you in Seattle. We have something similar here in Bethlehem, PA, but we don't get cars that nice!
This was in Redmond Town center, close to Bellevue (about 10 miles from Seattle). They host this every weekend through the summer, weather permitting. They have different themes; Ferrari, lambo, german etc. There are some amazing cars!

Last edited by Dalecannavan; 10-23-2016 at 06:04 PM.
Old 10-23-2016, 07:15 PM
yvr
yvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud of
That's DBR2/2 (one of two). It shows up at this event a couple of times a year.

Old 10-23-2016, 10:48 PM
PNW
PNW is on a distinguished road
I was there as well on Saturday but I didn't drive my Aston. I was the one in the green Defender 90.

The show is sort of the Seattle areas version of a cars and coffee. If the weather is nice some really amazing cars turn out. British day this year kept getting bumped due to the rain so that's why it was last weekend. Last year, when it was earlier in the year, way more variety of cars showed up. Even with the smaller attendance it's well worth it to see what's there.
Here's a couple more pictures of the DBR2/2 ...

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	photo733.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	1.20 MB
ID:	461807   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo396.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	1.13 MB
ID:	461808   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo411.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	1.13 MB
ID:	461809  
Old 10-24-2016, 09:26 AM
Originally Posted by PNW
I was there as well on Saturday but I didn't drive my Aston. I was the one in the green Defender 90. ...
I briefly spoke with you. I mentioned that I had probably worked on that defender when I was stationed at Fort Lewis in 1990 & 1998 (we have a deployment there from September to March every year with about 100 vehicles). I served in the British Army and have likely worked on every aspect of those things. I managed to get a gearbox and clutch change down to 90 minutes! Nice job on the upkeep. How many miles on it?

Old 10-24-2016, 10:09 AM
PNW
PNW is on a distinguished road
Sure it was me? I'm betting you talked to the fellow that had the other Defender there - the older military spec one. Mine was the 97 NAS Defender.

Old 10-24-2016, 10:55 AM
blue2000s is a jewel in the roughblue2000s is a jewel in the roughblue2000s is a jewel in the rough
There were far more cars in previous years when it was earlier in the season. @Dalecannavan, your car was beautiful. I'm partial to the older cars, the e-types and the baby blue Jag MK 2 (that you can see in the pic of the Mclaren 570) was a great car. I came with the family, so didn't take the Vantage or Elise. There were a couple of Elises that are also for sale, The dark grey Exige conversion and the blue one with black stripes.

Old 10-24-2016, 11:55 AM
Originally Posted by PNW
Sure it was me? I'm betting you talked to the fellow that had the other Defender there - the older military spec one. Mine was the 97 NAS Defender.
You're right, it was older Army one!

Old 10-24-2016, 11:55 AM
Originally Posted by blue2000s
There were far more cars in previous years when it was earlier in the season. @Dalecannavan, your car was beautiful. I'm partial to the older cars, the e-types and the baby blue Jag MK 2 (that you can see in the pic of the Mclaren 570) was a great car. I came with the family, so didn't take the Vantage or Elise. There were a couple of Elises that are also for sale, The dark grey Exige conversion and the blue one with black stripes.
Thanks man, I appreciate that.
I too love the older cars. I just adore E-types!

Old 10-24-2016, 07:31 PM
shootermcgav1n has a spectacular aura aboutshootermcgav1n has a spectacular aura about
who let the delorean sneak in? :P

Old 10-24-2016, 07:40 PM
Vantagelvr will become famous soon enoughVantagelvr will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by shootermcgav1n
who let the delorean sneak in? :P
Technically its still British as they were built in northern Ireland despite having a US power plant .

Stunning cars BTW .

Old 10-24-2016, 07:50 PM
Originally Posted by Vantagelvr
Technically its still British as they were built in northern Ireland despite having a US power plant .

Stunning cars BTW .
I'm from N. Ireland and I remember traveling on the train and seeing hundreds of these sitting in the car park. I think I was about 15. Not only did we build the Titanic, we also built the Delorean. Two things that both failed lol.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.