Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

VelocityAP V8 Vantage 2011-on Secondary Cat Delete XPipe

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-31-2016, 12:48 PM
Bennett1209 is an unknown quantity at this point
spec price? and whats the approx. hp gain from this on a v8v that has 200 cell cats and a super sport exhaust

Old 10-31-2016, 07:14 PM
Basic Sponsor
Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Bennett1209
spec price? and whats the approx. hp gain from this on a v8v that has 200 cell cats and a super sport exhaust
I'm not allowed to post pricing in the open forum, but if you click the link in the original post you can see our website with regular pricing. Email me at Stuart@VelocityAP.com and I can quote you for special launch pricing.

206 Maple Avenue
Oliver, BC
Canada V2A 4W6
Office: (1)250-485-5126
www.velocityap.com
Old 10-31-2016, 07:22 PM
Basic Sponsor
Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Bennett1209
Also, this won't fit a car with the pre-2011 cat configuration, which it sounds like you have? We do offer an XPipe center section which fits all the cars, and which a forum member tested independently and picked up 23ft/lbs of torque. Less HP but torque is what you'll feel on a road car.

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...-upgrades.html

http://www.velocityap.com/Aston-V8-V...pipecenter.htm

206 Maple Avenue
Oliver, BC
Canada V2A 4W6
www.velocityap.com
Old 04-09-2017, 10:50 AM
deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !
Simple question with I hope a simple answer. On my 13 V8V I'm switching the secondary cats with straight pipes from Stewart. When you remove the original cats there is a stud attached to them. The new pipes don't have that stud. Should I just use another bolt?

Old 04-09-2017, 05:09 PM
papigko is a glorious beacon of lightpapigko is a glorious beacon of lightpapigko is a glorious beacon of lightpapigko is a glorious beacon of lightpapigko is a glorious beacon of light
I used a 5/16 x2" stainless steel bolt and nut if I'm not mistaken

Last edited by papigko; 04-10-2017 at 07:33 AM.
Old 04-09-2017, 09:10 PM
Basic Sponsor
M8 nuts and bolts. We normally include them?

206 Maple Avenue
Oliver, BC
Canada V2A 4W6
www.velocityap.com
Old 04-10-2017, 06:28 AM
deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !
Stuart you did include nuts and bolts, thank you. I asked because they are shorter than the existing studs.

Old 04-08-2018, 03:27 PM
rconner v8v is an unknown quantity at this point
I am trying to install the Velocity AP secondary cat delete pipes on my 2014 V8V. Has anyone figured out how to remove the bolts that attach the secondary cat to the headers? There are three of them and the they seem to be part of the unit as they don't have heads on them. I have attached a pic. Without being able to remove these bolts the secondary cat will not come off. Well, I guess I could remove the rest of the exhaust and move literally everything back. It just seems like these bolts should come out and then use the new bolts that came with the Velocity AP cat bypass pipe. There are six new bolts which matches the number connecting to the headers, so it seems like the old bolts should come out. Am I missing something here? I have attached a pic of the bolts in question.

Thanks for any help!

Bob

Old 04-08-2018, 04:52 PM
Basic Sponsor
Hi Bob,

they aren’t bolts they are studs. You should be able to shift the rear part of the exhaust back enough to get it clear of the studs.

Old 04-08-2018, 06:37 PM
Stuart, thanks for the super quick response. I thought that might be the case, but since there were six new bolts included I considered that maybe the existing were fitted bolts that were just frozen to the secondary cat and not studs.

I will get after moving the exhaust back to clear the studs.

Thanks again!

Bob

Old 04-08-2018, 06:39 PM
Dalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to behold
As Stuart said, these are press fit studs and they stay in place. You can manipulate the cats backwards and they will come off, there is no need to remove anymore of the exhaust.

Old 04-08-2018, 06:42 PM
Thanks Dale, giving it a try now.

Bob

Old 10-31-2020, 09:13 AM
dz22 is an unknown quantity at this point
Is this product discontinued?

Old 05-14-2024, 08:42 PM
shufflehuff is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by dz22
Is this product discontinued?
I would also be intersted in this product if it is not discontinued. Seems like a great solution for the 2011+ cars.

Old 05-14-2024, 11:03 PM
Basic Sponsor
Originally Posted by shufflehuff
I would also be intersted in this product if it is not discontinued. Seems like a great solution for the 2011+ cars.
It is still available to order: https://www.velocityap.com/product/v...e-2010-5my-on/

206 Maple Avenue
Oliver, BC
Canada V2A 4W6
www.velocityap.com

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.