Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

V8 Vantage ECU Tuning Results - VelocityAP V2 & V3 Software Upgrades

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-31-2015, 12:18 PM
Basic Sponsor
Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !
V8 Vantage ECU Tuning Results - VelocityAP V2 & V3 Software Upgrades

Hello Boys & Girls.

A lot of people have been asking us about some more specific results for our ECU Tuning services, following the launch of the Velocity V-Tech touch screen programmers.

http://www.velocityap.com/Aston-Mart.../velv8vecu.htm

We have been writing software for these cars since 2008, pioneering and breaking ground in an area that was effectively un-serviced. Through many years of development, and our recent involvement in professional racing we have been able to refine our products to truly offer the best software packages in the world. Race Winning Performance!!!

Below are some independent dyno graphs recently produced by a 6Speeder who wanted to test back to back, our different stages of files on his 2007 Manual V8 Vantage Coupe. He already had fitted 200 Cell Sports Catalysts, so we started with this as a baseline, meaning a small amount of the potential software gains through AFR were already taken. He also wanted to fit our X-Pipe http://www.velocityap.com/Aston-V8-V...pipecenter.htm so this was included in the results.

Temperatures ranged from 76.86-83.85 degrees Fahrenheit and 16-21% Humidity across the runs.

Run 1: Baseline - 200 Cell Cats + Stock Software
Run 2: 200 Cell Cats + X-Pipe - Small gains in HP, but a lot of torque picked up.
Run 3: 200 Cell Cats + X-Pipe + V2 VelocityAP Software (7500RPM Pump Fuel)
Run 4: 200 Cell Cats + X-Pipe + V3 VelocityAP Race Software (7700RPM Race Fuel)

Some interesting things to note:
  • Little HP but large torque gains with our X-Pipe Center Section
  • HUGE gains on our pump fuel V2 Tuning with RPM Increase to 7500
  • Incremental increase for Race Fuel tuning, mainly top end, and no significant increase from 7500-7700RPM

206 Maple Avenue
Oliver, BC
Canada V2A 4W6
Office: (1)250-485-5126
www.velocityap.com

Last edited by Stuart@VelocityAP; 09-01-2015 at 11:21 AM.
Old 09-01-2015, 11:16 AM
vince_1972 is just really nicevince_1972 is just really nicevince_1972 is just really nicevince_1972 is just really nice
Please post bigger pics for the curves

Old 09-01-2015, 11:22 AM
Basic Sponsor
Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !
Try now - I did correct them when I first posted, just checked my post and the updates were in there but I saved again without changing anything and now they look larger?

206 Maple Avenue
Oliver, BC
Canada V2A 4W6
www.velocityap.com
Old 09-01-2015, 11:29 AM
vince_1972 is just really nicevince_1972 is just really nicevince_1972 is just really nicevince_1972 is just really nice
Perfect, thanks, Stuart!

Old 09-01-2015, 11:00 PM
007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of
Awesome Job Stu, way to step it up for V2!

The torque gains from cats are definitely huge on the bottom end. 23 ft lbs of torque is certainly no joke. Cats alone make about 17ft lbs so that would mean the X-pipe is good for roughly 6ft lbs extra, great info.

7700 rpm is the best setup, the V8s above 7400rpm sound like a world war 2 fighter plane, absolutely epic.

Old 09-02-2015, 09:36 PM
ArtB is a jewel in the roughArtB is a jewel in the roughArtB is a jewel in the rough
Stuart,
Whats the difference in V2 from the tune we did on my 06? My car baselined close to this car and we made 338 whp. I have cats, but no X pipe....
Art

Old 09-03-2015, 09:21 AM
Basic Sponsor
Originally Posted by ArtB
Stuart,
Whats the difference in V2 from the tune we did on my 06? My car baselined close to this car and we made 338 whp. I have cats, but no X pipe....
Art
I would have to look back and see, but there haven't been any major changes to our V2 tune for a while, just a little tweaking here and there.

206 Maple Avenue
Oliver, BC
Canada V2A 4W6
www.velocityap.com
Old 09-16-2015, 02:20 PM
got one will become famous soon enough
So, what do you offer for just a tune and no other mods on a stock 07 vantage? Looking to just do a tune similar to what eurocharged offers...

Old 09-16-2015, 02:40 PM
Basic Sponsor
Originally Posted by got one
So, what do you offer for just a tune and no other mods on a stock 07 vantage? Looking to just do a tune similar to what eurocharged offers...
The gains you see here from before and after the tune was applied should hold true for a car with no other mods. In fact, because the catalysts have some effect of leaning out AFR you should see slightly more gains than we saw here from the addition of software alone.

Old 09-16-2015, 03:18 PM
any more info on what we will see with just the tune? Looking for more detail so I can compare apples to apples here...

Old 09-17-2015, 09:58 AM
Basic Sponsor
any more info on what we will see with just the tune? Looking for more detail so I can compare apples to apples here...
Well, if you look at our 'Cats + XPipe' run above compared to the 'Cats + Xpipe + Pump Fuel Tuning' you can see what the differences are.

326-353 WHP = 27WHP Gain.
267-280 WTQ = 13WTQ Gain.

In this case, because the Cats & XPipe achieve some increases as well, and you start to run into the ceilings of exhaust valves and exhaust manifolds (OEM in this case) there is probably a case to be made for a little more gains, especially torque, from just a tune on a bone stock car.

For example, adding 200 cell cats leans out the AFR slightly so a small portion of the gain from adjusting fuel mixture in the tune is gone.

If you're looking to compare our software to Eurocharged, I'd say there's not a huge amount to choose from. They are a good tuning company and they write good files. I think we write great files as well, with the main difference being that we have far, far more experience tuning Astons than anyone else out there to the best of my belief. Our tuning offers the ability to adjust a lot more parameters - like DTC code deletion, altering exhaust valve mapping etc.

With our tuning, you also get a V-Tech programming tool, which you get to keep and which can be used on future vehicles if you wish, and to upgrade your software in the future if you do need different settings for new mods. It also doubles as a scan tool.

So apples to apples, there's probably not much difference in the nuts and bolts of the tuning but I think our products offer a better delivery system and more choice at an affordable price

206 Maple Avenue
Oliver, BC
Canada V2A 4W6
www.velocityap.com
Old 09-18-2015, 08:11 AM
Originally Posted by Stuart@VelocityAP
Well, if you look at our 'Cats + XPipe' run above compared to the 'Cats + Xpipe + Pump Fuel Tuning' you can see what the differences are.

326-353 WHP = 27WHP Gain.
267-280 WTQ = 13WTQ Gain.

In this case, because the Cats & XPipe achieve some increases as well, and you start to run into the ceilings of exhaust valves and exhaust manifolds (OEM in this case) there is probably a case to be made for a little more gains, especially torque, from just a tune on a bone stock car.

For example, adding 200 cell cats leans out the AFR slightly so a small portion of the gain from adjusting fuel mixture in the tune is gone.

If you're looking to compare our software to Eurocharged, I'd say there's not a huge amount to choose from. They are a good tuning company and they write good files. I think we write great files as well, with the main difference being that we have far, far more experience tuning Astons than anyone else out there to the best of my belief. Our tuning offers the ability to adjust a lot more parameters - like DTC code deletion, altering exhaust valve mapping etc.

With our tuning, you also get a V-Tech programming tool, which you get to keep and which can be used on future vehicles if you wish, and to upgrade your software in the future if you do need different settings for new mods. It also doubles as a scan tool.

So apples to apples, there's probably not much difference in the nuts and bolts of the tuning but I think our products offer a better delivery system and more choice at an affordable price
Sounds Like I need to get one...any sales going on anytime soon?

Old 09-18-2015, 05:32 PM
Montana107 is on a distinguished road
This certainly looks attractive!

Old 09-18-2015, 05:58 PM
Basic Sponsor
Sounds Like I need to get one...any sales going on anytime soon?
PM Sent

206 Maple Avenue
Oliver, BC
Canada V2A 4W6
www.velocityap.com
Old 09-18-2015, 06:01 PM
Basic Sponsor
Originally Posted by Montana107
This certainly looks attractive!
Like a cold beer on a Friday night!

206 Maple Avenue
Oliver, BC
Canada V2A 4W6
www.velocityap.com

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: V8 Vantage ECU Tuning Results - VelocityAP V2 & V3 Software Upgrades