Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

V8 Vantage ECU Tuning Results - VelocityAP V2 & V3 Software Upgrades

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-19-2015, 02:56 PM
007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of
Both Eurocharged and Velocity tunes are great tunes. Obviously I have been a long time Eurocharged user on over 6 vehicles so I enjoy their tunes, but I must say that Velocity APs tunes have come a long way and they are now very close to Eurocharged tunes.

You really cannot go wro with either, both are great and both are probably the only ECU tuners I would recommend, everyone else is a distant second.

If you are planning on getting other Velocity AP products, Then it will certainly more convenient and appropriate to just use there tune as their packages do offer a good value and their tunes are specifically designed for their products.

Old 09-21-2015, 10:25 AM
Basic Sponsor
Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by 007 Vantage
Velocity APs tunes have come a long way and they are now very close to Eurocharged tunes.
Thanks for the kind words. These tunes are almost exactly the same as what we have been selling for years. There are of course minor revisions along the way, but the nuts and bolts of them are fundamentally unchanged.

206 Maple Avenue
Oliver, BC
Canada V2A 4W6
Office: (1)250-485-5126
www.velocityap.com
Old 09-29-2015, 03:34 PM
Basic Sponsor
Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by 007 Vantage
The torque gains from cats are definitely huge on the bottom end. 23 ft lbs of torque is certainly no joke. Cats alone make about 17ft lbs so that would mean the X-pipe is good for roughly 6ft lbs extra, great info.
Just re-read this. If you look at our baseline figure - that is with cats already installed. So the 23ft/lbs is just the X-Pipe.

206 Maple Avenue
Oliver, BC
Canada V2A 4W6
www.velocityap.com
Old 10-02-2015, 04:02 PM
Korntera has a spectacular aura aboutKorntera has a spectacular aura aboutKorntera has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by got one
Sounds Like I need to get one...any sales going on anytime soon?
Yeah, I want one too, i have the Aston Martin factory power pack(alleged 400 HP), performance filters and 200 cell cats but need an X pipe and the tune.

I have the RSC Tune on my Lambo and love it, but its just the TCU, not the ECU.

Last edited by Korntera; 10-02-2015 at 04:04 PM.
Old 10-06-2015, 08:35 AM
got one will become famous soon enough
Cmon Stuart! I am waiting like a kid before Christmas! Can't wait to drive the car after the tune!

Old 10-07-2015, 07:04 AM
amazing! feels like a totally different car!!!! Guys, definitely get this as your first 'mod'

Old 10-07-2015, 12:42 PM
sonnyd is a jewel in the roughsonnyd is a jewel in the roughsonnyd is a jewel in the rough
The VelocityAP tune LIKES clear gas (no ethanol). I'm getting high 25.X mpg at 64mph, flat highway, cruise control on. This compares favorably to the low 23.X mpg I was getting on 92 octane here in the colonies.

Also, the VelocityAP tune keeps the AFR in check above 5000rpm, whereas the stock AND the RSC tune I had (circa 2012) went to 10:1 from 5500rpm up to redline. With the VelocityAP tune, AFR never went below 12.5:1.

Old 10-07-2015, 01:49 PM
The throttle response alone was great! It finally acts like the car should have stock!

Old 10-07-2015, 02:15 PM
Basic Sponsor
Originally Posted by got one
The throttle response alone was great! It finally acts like the car should have stock!

206 Maple Avenue
Oliver, BC
Canada V2A 4W6
www.velocityap.com
Old 10-07-2015, 02:17 PM
Basic Sponsor
Originally Posted by sonnyd
The VelocityAP tune LIKES clear gas (no ethanol). I'm getting high 25.X mpg at 64mph, flat highway, cruise control on. This compares favorably to the low 23.X mpg I was getting on 92 octane here in the colonies.

Also, the VelocityAP tune keeps the AFR in check above 5000rpm, whereas the stock AND the RSC tune I had (circa 2012) went to 10:1 from 5500rpm up to redline. With the VelocityAP tune, AFR never went below 12.5:1.
So does this mean I can apply to Obama for a Federal stimulus grant for reducing harmful emissions?

206 Maple Avenue
Oliver, BC
Canada V2A 4W6
www.velocityap.com
Old 03-08-2016, 03:44 PM
sonnyd is a jewel in the roughsonnyd is a jewel in the roughsonnyd is a jewel in the rough
I purchased a set of used first-run RSC 200-cell catalysts that had been giving me a CEL with a P0420/P0430 (catalyst efficiency) code from day one. Stuart (VelocityAP CMFIC and board sponsor if you're new here) said he could send me a tune to not only eliminate the CEL, but also allow the car to pass the biennial emissions test here in Oregon, which includes the tailpipe sniffer.

In short, job done.

It took a full 100+/- mile drive cycle, with multiple key cycles, but it works as advertised. The P1000 (incomplete OBDII test) soft code was present throughout, and then today when I plugged in to query for codes after crossing 100 miles, the P1000 was gone! And emissions test passed.

Also a shout out to John Ryan of http://www.jakesmotorcars.com/web/service, whose guidance was of tremendous value, especially since my closest AML dealer is 200 miles away. The things you can do nowadays with a bluetooth OBD interface and a smartphone is amazing, and removes so many headaches traditionally associated with owning a hand built car.

For example, he suggest that in addition to giving your Aston a proper caning with good frequency, it also helps to let it sit overnight with between 1/4 and 3/4 tank. Er? Hell, I'll tap chicken bones over the passenger side exhaust header if he says. Don't change a winning game plan!

Old 03-31-2016, 07:11 PM
Basic Sponsor
Some more results to share with you. Customer in Australia with a 2013MY Vantage. He decided to go do his own dyno testing, just to check & see for himself. Which is great. I love it when customers go and verify for themselves that it really does do what it says on the box!

Picked up 7.9WHP from Sport exhaust and secondary cat deletes, and an additional 31.2WHP from VelocityAP ECU Tune, for a total of 40.1WHP Gain. A 10.8% jump in BHP, should yield right around 465BHP at the crank, from 420BHP starting point.

A nice healthy torque lift from 3500RPM onwards noticeable as well. Thanks to our wonderful customers for testing our products!!!

206 Maple Avenue
Oliver, BC
Canada V2A 4W6
www.velocityap.com
Old 03-31-2016, 08:36 PM
martini-1 is on a distinguished road
VeloityAp tune

I have a 2013 V8 Vantage and I ordered the complete performance package from VelocityAp and I can say the results are amazing. Honestly night and day difference. Stuart helped with the entire process and it was money well spent. It may seem like an expensive mod list but I feel that this is the way the car should perform and sound. I don't have dyno numbers but the feel and sound let me know its money well spent.

Old 05-09-2017, 05:42 PM
Basic Sponsor
Software is on sale for 1 week. Most Advanced Aston software in the world at a 20% discount

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ml#post4634046

206 Maple Avenue
Oliver, BC
Canada V2A 4W6
www.velocityap.com
Old 05-11-2017, 02:31 PM
bunob is on a distinguished road
I Stuart,

I send you a email may 9th.

I'm installing the bluetooth upgrade and I need to update the software by a Aston Martin dealer.

Can I do the EcuTune now or do I have to wait the updating of the software by a Aston Martin dealer before ?

Last edited by bunob; 05-11-2017 at 02:33 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: V8 Vantage ECU Tuning Results - VelocityAP V2 & V3 Software Upgrades