Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Vantage passenger seat stuck

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-09-2016, 06:52 PM
rohnin is on a distinguished road
Vantage passenger seat stuck

My passenger seat was set all the way back for vacuuming and now won't come forward anymore (seat back still moves, though). Before I take it in, is there an easy fix?

Old 12-10-2016, 05:57 AM
Graze is a name known to allGraze is a name known to allGraze is a name known to allGraze is a name known to allGraze is a name known to allGraze is a name known to all
Have you tried it with the car running?or just when the motor is turned off?

Graze

Old 12-10-2016, 10:50 AM
Originally Posted by Graze
Have you tried it with the car running?or just when the motor is turned off?

Graze
with the car running

Old 12-10-2016, 02:05 PM
Vantagelvr will become famous soon enoughVantagelvr will become famous soon enough
I believe there are sensors on the seat rails which are for crash detection ??
If you drive the seat too far back you lift the seat rails enough to stop it working .
I would undo the four bolts holding the seat down .maybe a ***** with the seat driven back ?? Once the seat pressure is released from the back panel it may start to work again and you can bolt the seat back down once you move it forward .
Have you tried tilting the seat back way up straight first then try forward ?

Old 12-10-2016, 04:03 PM
62Jeff Is a GOD !62Jeff Is a GOD !62Jeff Is a GOD !62Jeff Is a GOD !62Jeff Is a GOD !62Jeff Is a GOD !62Jeff Is a GOD !62Jeff Is a GOD !62Jeff Is a GOD !62Jeff Is a GOD !62Jeff Is a GOD !
Take a look through this thread including post 49, it might be what Vantagelvr is describing
https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...d-working.html

Old 12-15-2016, 10:38 AM
Originally Posted by 62Jeff
Take a look through this thread including post 49, it might be what Vantagelvr is describing
https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...d-working.html
finally got around to trying this yesterday. pushed seat lower all the way forward for 4 seconds, then seat back forward all the way for 4 seconds, then seat lower back once then forward and it released. so glad i don't have to bring it in. thanks!

don't know if it's related, but also noticed the start-up screen says "Rapide" instead of "Vantage S" now. didn't know i had a V12 and two extra doors hidden somewhere lol

Old 05-16-2022, 01:59 PM
MGR-GT3 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by rohnin
finally got around to trying this yesterday. pushed seat lower all the way forward for 4 seconds, then seat back forward all the way for 4 seconds, then seat lower back once then forward and it released. so glad i don't have to bring it in. thanks!
This is an old thread, but for others future reference, I just tried the exact same procedure with my '15 V12 Vantage and it worked like a charm.

Old 05-16-2022, 03:25 PM
61mga will become famous soon enough
i've found, over the years, that the passenger seat (at least) doesn't like it when it's set back as far as the mechanism will allow. nor does the air bag and its annoying sidekick: the dash warning light.

Old 05-17-2022, 11:17 AM
sxates has a reputation beyond reputesxates has a reputation beyond reputesxates has a reputation beyond reputesxates has a reputation beyond reputesxates has a reputation beyond reputesxates has a reputation beyond reputesxates has a reputation beyond reputesxates has a reputation beyond reputesxates has a reputation beyond reputesxates has a reputation beyond reputesxates has a reputation beyond repute
I've got an issue where the passenger seat moves ok, but the two lumbar switches don't seem to be working. Any ideas on that one?

Old 05-19-2022, 05:01 PM
SLVRon is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by rohnin

don't know if it's related, but also noticed the start-up screen says "Rapide" instead of "Vantage S" now. didn't know i had a V12 and two extra doors hidden somewhere lol
That's a classic I've had the passenger airbag light come on when the seat was pushed all the way back, but at least the car was the same car afterwards.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.