Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

DB9 on jack stands

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-12-2016, 08:41 AM
LIDB9 is on a distinguished road
DB9 on jack stands

I have my car up on jack stands its been up there for about 6 weeks while I attemted to do some repairs and maintenance,I have been sick for last 8 months and can barely turn a wrench anymore,finally after 9 months of misdiagnosis they tell me I have chronic lymes disease,I am not sure if I can even get car back down off jacks at the moment,my question is how long is too long to have the car off the ground before suspension etc starts to suffer.
As a side note lymes is no longer just a disease that effects northeast of US if you spend a lot of time outside please be careful and check yourself for ticks it will save you from a lot of heart ache and pain.

Old 12-12-2016, 08:46 AM
XJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond repute
Nothing's gonna' suffer. Leave it up as long as you want/need to.

Old 12-12-2016, 11:37 AM
captain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to behold
at least you got your illness from a legit source....some of my mates got interesting desieses from visiting strange countries in the East...that are just explainable to the misus

Hope you get better soon bud.

Old 12-12-2016, 12:17 PM
Dalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to behold
OP, I hope you get better soon.

Old 12-12-2016, 01:38 PM
07sportspack will become famous soon enough
Sorry to hear of your situation, hope you get well soon and back to turning wrenches again! If I was closer we would get it on the ground or at least some wooden blocks under the tires to relieve the pressure on the suspension you're worried about. Until you are 100% or have help, be safe, don't try to tackle it alone.

Old 12-12-2016, 03:45 PM
embdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to behold
The vast majority of people now diagnosed with Lyme desease are treated successfully with the appropriate antibiotics. I wish you a full recovery. If the car was jacked up at the appropriate jacking points you can leave it on jackstands indefinitely. Don't sweat it, just get well.

Old 12-12-2016, 03:58 PM
Jagman70 is on a distinguished road
Wish you well my friend. Good care will get you back to good health.

Old 12-12-2016, 04:10 PM
handyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond repute
Hope you get your health back soon, your DB9 must start to miss you.

Old 12-13-2016, 06:14 AM
LIDB9 is on a distinguished road
thanks for the good wishes,wheels are off at the moment had new tires put on last month should I leave them off probably less stress on suspension etc

Old 12-13-2016, 09:25 AM
oldfool is on a distinguished road
My daughter got it from a tick when she was 10. Please find a doctor that really knows how to treat you. She is 25 now and doing great . Hope your better soon.

Old 12-13-2016, 10:20 AM
XJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by LIDB9
thanks for the good wishes,wheels are off at the moment had new tires put on last month should I leave them off probably less stress on suspension etc
Doesn't matter one way or the other. The springs exert far more downward force, so another 50 lbs doesn't mean squat.

Old 12-13-2016, 02:54 PM
ahcjar103 is on a distinguished road
best of luck in your recovery, OP

Old 12-13-2016, 07:53 PM
speedracer800 is a jewel in the roughspeedracer800 is a jewel in the roughspeedracer800 is a jewel in the rough
So sorry to hear about your condition.. wishing you nothing but the best. Perhaps there's a forum member in your area who could give you a hand getting down safely when you're ready? I'd be happy to if you were near me but maybe someone else isn't far away? Just a thought.. Anyways, good luck.

Old 12-13-2016, 08:13 PM
drivergmx is a jewel in the roughdrivergmx is a jewel in the roughdrivergmx is a jewel in the rough
I'm about 140 miles give or take. That's about 2.5 hours drive time one way according to Google Maps.

Old 12-14-2016, 08:42 AM
Banned
Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !
Incredibly sorry to hear about your ailment, hoping the best for you!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.