Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Troubleshooting LED failure

Old 01-01-2017, 09:39 PM
pikajew is on a distinguished road
Troubleshooting LED failure

Hi all, my body shop is having difficulty getting my headlights to work. I've had them modified by Oracle for my build (ADDING red LEDs but keeping OEM lights as well) and although they swear they never touched the OEM LEDs or connector, the RT headlight has the white LEDs working but not the Amber blinker, and the LT headlight has neither white or Amber working. I did get new carbon edition tails too (from AMBits) and I've heard sometimes these issues can be caused by the taillights... Before my shop sends the lights back to Oracle, does anyone have any thoughts on a fix?

Old 01-04-2017, 12:36 AM
So I had a hunch that the taillights had something to do with it and my shop (who had installed the new carbon edition clears but apparently never tested them) just verified neither of the tails have the blinkers working.

I'm not physically there as I'm on vacation. Does anyone know if there is a special way to connect them or why the blinkers on either side don't work?

Old 01-04-2017, 04:41 AM
handyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond repute
From what I read, most time the problem is with condensations and it create a short over time. They would need to be opened and check, sorry. I disconnected my rear tail light several time and it's only one connector so it's not connected the wrong way, I haven't looked at the front yet. Do the front turn signal works or not ??

Old 01-04-2017, 07:43 AM
Originally Posted by handyman2009
From what I read, most time the problem is with condensations and it create a short over time. They would need to be opened and check, sorry. I disconnected my rear tail light several time and it's only one connector so it's not connected the wrong way, I haven't looked at the front yet. Do the front turn signal works or not ??
So the interesting thing is that these are brand-new carbon edition tails that I purchased from AMBits. They have never been used and there is no condensation (note the 3M tape still applied for the tail lamp finishers). And although I've read that perhaps the car would need to be flashed when switching from red tail lamps to clear (but that really only applies to DB9s), I actually already had clear lamps installed (light gray trim) and just purchased these for the black trim.

None of the blinkers work on the headlights or taillights. The car has had its battery disconnected many times over the six months during the build so I'm wondering if perhaps it needs to get reset from AM? I mean there is no separate fuse for the blinkers right?

Old 01-04-2017, 01:12 PM
Agaton12 is on a distinguished road
Have you checked for any error codes?
Do the rear lights start working if you disconnect both front lights?

Old 01-06-2017, 09:05 PM
I forgot to mention that most of my modules (a/c, switch plates, radio screen, nav screen, clock, and other buttons like hazard, window defogger, etc.) are still unplugged pending the carbon fiber consoles.... Consequently, the gauge cluster is blank and non-functioning. Perhaps it's screwing with the circuitry or the car's voltage and causing the blinker issue?

Old 01-09-2017, 04:16 PM
Just saw that the Amber blinkers work when the car is locked/unlocked with the fob. And reverse lights work.

I'm thinking the no blinker issue has to be related to having all the switches/modules (including the hazard switch) unplugged??

Old 01-09-2017, 06:30 PM
sdekoning is a splendid one to beholdsdekoning is a splendid one to beholdsdekoning is a splendid one to beholdsdekoning is a splendid one to beholdsdekoning is a splendid one to beholdsdekoning is a splendid one to beholdsdekoning is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by pikajew
Just saw that the Amber blinkers work when the car is locked/unlocked with the fob. And reverse lights work.

I'm thinking the no blinker issue has to be related to having all the switches/modules (including the hazard switch) unplugged??
You got to plug all missing switches/hardware first and foremost before you can asses any issue. As with low battery level, missing hardware will keep throwing error codes etc.

I just de-kitted my racing seats and I'm happy to be able to reset the SRS-warning light finally after 2.5 years with my Autel OBD-reader.

Don't worry at this stage: get her fully build-up and then sort all errors.

Old 01-10-2017, 05:27 AM
Yup. Plugging in the hazard switch solved the blinker issue. DUH!

The white led failure on the driver's side headlight though remains and I'm convinced it needs to go back to Oracle to fix because all else works. 👍

Old 03-27-2018, 03:12 PM
KiwiSG is on a distinguished road
This is a known issue with the AM light and prolly not anything to do with your Oracle lights

Old 03-29-2018, 06:36 AM
Prefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud of
On the front LED's my old V12S (prior car) had same problem - the AM dealer ordered a kit that fixes it, so apparently Aston has a fix.

Old 03-29-2018, 12:11 PM
skywagon is a jewel in the roughskywagon is a jewel in the roughskywagon is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by Prefurbia
On the front LED's my old V12S (prior car) had same problem - the AM dealer ordered a kit that fixes it, so apparently Aston has a fix.
My Vantage has an intermittent issue where the left front turn signal (amber LED's) will not work and gives me a warning message. The white LED's work just fine. Does anyone know what this kit entailed and any part numbers?

Old 03-29-2018, 06:00 PM
cadman is a jewel in the roughcadman is a jewel in the roughcadman is a jewel in the rough
lots of info on this problem.try this link
https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...nt+turn+signal

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.