Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Track Video

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-16-2017, 09:17 PM
sierraV12V is just really nicesierraV12V is just really nicesierraV12V is just really nicesierraV12V is just really nice
Track Video

For those who enjoy watching track footage, I took the V12V out for a second track day with AMOC this past weekend at Thunderhill and was able to get a decent video this time. Luckily we dodged the rain and had pretty good weather here in NorCal. The day started out a little foggy but once the sun burned through we all had plenty of quality track time.

Here's a couple laps from my last session, I re-positioned the gopro this time and used my phone to record data, also mounted a cheap lavalier mic on the back to get a good exhaust note:

Old 01-16-2017, 10:36 PM
sdekoning is a splendid one to beholdsdekoning is a splendid one to beholdsdekoning is a splendid one to beholdsdekoning is a splendid one to beholdsdekoning is a splendid one to beholdsdekoning is a splendid one to beholdsdekoning is a splendid one to behold
brilliant video!

Old 01-17-2017, 02:08 AM
HabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to all
Love how that little corkscrew reminds you of Laguna Seca. First time I've ever seen a video of Thunderhill [that I can remember].

Old 01-17-2017, 07:01 AM
Old phart is a jewel in the roughOld phart is a jewel in the roughOld phart is a jewel in the roughOld phart is a jewel in the rough
Fantastic! Thanks for sharing. Sounds like you're really at the limit there with the tire squeal. Curious did you have ABS off? Did a track day a while back and didn't even think of it till the end of the day.

Old 01-17-2017, 07:41 AM
Banned
Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !
That's awesome!! Great video!

Old 01-17-2017, 09:29 AM
spinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to behold
Great vid! For a 'cheap mic' you got a pretty good soundtrack - love the rev matching on your downshifts!

Old 01-17-2017, 10:43 AM
bluebarchetta is a glorious beacon of lightbluebarchetta is a glorious beacon of lightbluebarchetta is a glorious beacon of lightbluebarchetta is a glorious beacon of lightbluebarchetta is a glorious beacon of lightbluebarchetta is a glorious beacon of light
Nice video. So AMOC allows other brands at their track days?

Old 01-17-2017, 11:11 AM
Mathman85 is a glorious beacon of lightMathman85 is a glorious beacon of lightMathman85 is a glorious beacon of lightMathman85 is a glorious beacon of lightMathman85 is a glorious beacon of light
Great video!

How'd you overlay the car data?

Old 01-17-2017, 04:42 PM
Ron Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to behold
Very cool video. I don't think at my age 59 1/2 my ***** are big enough to take my GT on a track day anymore.
Ron

Old 01-17-2017, 05:10 PM
sierraV12V is just really nicesierraV12V is just really nicesierraV12V is just really nicesierraV12V is just really nice
Curious did you have ABS off?
I'm not sure I have the option to turn off ABS, the ABS on this car is a little different than other cars I've driven. I had the traction control in track mode which allows some slippage, the Pirelli P Zero Corsas like to squeal a lot.

love the rev matching on your downshifts!
I'm glad someone noticed! I've been working on it for quite a while...and could benefit from some more practice.

So AMOC allows other brands at their track days?
They do here, I'd say the best way to put it is AMOC and friends of AMOC.

How'd you overlay the car data?
I recorded the data using Harry's lap timer (with OBD2 and GPS add-ons via bluetooth), I also used the lap timer to record a low resolution video with sound so it wouldn't take up much space (via the external mic connected to the headphone jack of the phone). I used RaceRender to sync up video from the GoPro, data from the lap timer, and sound from the low resolution phone video.

Old 01-18-2017, 01:38 PM
sonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud of
awesome!

Old 01-18-2017, 01:51 PM
cret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by sierraV12V
I recorded the data using Harry's lap timer (with OBD2 and GPS add-ons via bluetooth), I also used the lap timer to record a low resolution video with sound so it wouldn't take up much space (via the external mic connected to the headphone jack of the phone). I used RaceRender to sync up video from the GoPro, data from the lap timer, and sound from the low resolution phone video.
How/where did you mount the GoPro and the phone?

Old 01-18-2017, 01:55 PM
Originally Posted by cret
How/where did you mount the GoPro and the phone?
I mounted the GoPro just to the left of the rear view mirror, as high as I could get it (used a suction cup mount). The phone was mounted right in front of the nav screen on the piano black fascia using a ram mount.

Old 01-18-2017, 02:04 PM
AXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to behold
Groovy... nice G's in the turns too. Empty track with lots of run-off = tons of fun. I love to track my Vantage S and I'm 2 years older than Mr. Avery... then again, I raced

up Mt. Washington on my bike last August.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.