Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

who in California installed the Velocity 200 cats w/Tune and passed smog?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-21-2017, 01:31 PM
goto35 will become famous soon enoughgoto35 will become famous soon enough
who in California installed the Velocity 200 cats w/Tune and passed smog?

Im thinking about getting the 200 Cat and ecu tune done. My biggest worry is smog.

Can folks in Cali post their experience?

Old 03-21-2017, 08:29 PM
Scottiejo is on a distinguished road
I installed the VAP 200 cats with the tune from Stuart last summer, due for a smog Dec/Jan so I'm interested in the same thing. I've heard once warmed up they should be good...I still have the OEM cats and can de-tune if needed; just a couple hours of work.
The performance difference is worth the effort!

Old 03-21-2017, 08:40 PM
007JB has a spectacular aura about007JB has a spectacular aura about007JB has a spectacular aura about
It may pass emission tests or OBD II tests, but it'll fail visual inspection. We look for CA ARB Tags for any aftermarket items added/replaced on the vehicle. If it doesn't have EO# (Executive Order) it's considered modified, which means overall test result-failed.

Old 03-21-2017, 11:43 PM
Lve2xlr8 is on a distinguished road
Last time I got a smog test, they just hooked up to the obd and did a quick under hood inspection. As long as you're not throwing a CEL you should be good. I don't think they sniffer anymore.

Old 03-22-2017, 09:01 AM
Scottiejo is on a distinguished road
Visually the 200 cell don't look a lot different so they will need to be very experienced to notice.

Old 03-22-2017, 09:12 AM
Banned
Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !
I have heard of people reverting to stock exhaust for emissions tests and then swapping aftermarket stuff back on after the test.

Old 03-22-2017, 10:44 AM
smdzucladoc is on a distinguished road
Hi 007JB
I think you actually own a smog shop so you are the expert. The aftermarket cats will be the secondary cats that is on the bottom of the car. How often do you guys jack up the car to check?
Thanks

Originally Posted by 007JB
It may pass emission tests or OBD II tests, but it'll fail visual inspection. We look for CA ARB Tags for any aftermarket items added/replaced on the vehicle. If it doesn't have EO# (Executive Order) it's considered modified, which means overall test result-failed.

Old 03-22-2017, 11:14 AM
EZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud of
I just had a smog test done here in CA. I was amazed how much time they spent looking under the car. I have never seen them do this before so I don't know if the shops are getting more pressure to check everything?

Old 03-22-2017, 12:03 PM
007JB has a spectacular aura about007JB has a spectacular aura about007JB has a spectacular aura about
Yes, in my shop we are very careful, State is on our *** all the time. They have road side check points checking for things like that. I'm sure there are shops out there they don't pay attention or don't even know what they are looking for If you get citation, first time- you get to pay big fine $$$$, take 60-100 hrs of training course, Second time you loose your license & they'll take away station license too. So, you have to be very careful.
Hope that helps. ..

Avo

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.