Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

My first Aston!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-19-2017, 08:34 AM
supraholic will become famous soon enoughsupraholic will become famous soon enough
My first Aston!

Hi All--I'm a long time observer of this forum and my first post. After over a year of looking for 'the one', I finally fulfilled my lifelong dream of owning one of these magnificent machines! Please welcome my 2012 Quantum silver V12V With 6,619 miles. I can't express how painful it is to have this baby sitting in my garage when the roads are so crappy given the 2-feet of snow we got last week. So much for my plans for an early spring in New England!

I've got a few small plans to make this car even more unique: swap the hood and trunk Aston badges from the stock black to green, same for the wheel center caps--something about the traditional green and how nice it will "pop" on this color. The red badges might look good too given the red calipers. Also going to vinyl wrap (carbon) the door sill plates to not only protect them but also match the carbon accents with the rest of the car. I already ordered custom brand plates from Signs by Seymour to have my name on them (Hand built in England for ...). Definitely a VelocityAP tune will be on tap after I drive the car a bit to get a good feel of the stock setup. I found a lightly used set of 100-cell VelocityAP high flow cats that will also go in with the tune.

Anyway, on with a few pics...Here's the arrival and unloading from the transport:

My girlfriend took a pic of me takin a pic...

The car was pretty dusty after coming off the transport; cleaning up and dusting in and out:

Here's what 5 cars in a 3-car garage looks like. This is just temporary as I'm selling the white Lexus this spring...But it works for the remainder of winter hibernation!

I'll be sure to post more pics once the weather clears and I can get some nice shots outside in the daylight. I'm so pumped to be a member of the privileged to own one of these amazing cars!

-Dan

Last edited by supraholic; 03-19-2017 at 08:55 AM. Reason: Fix
Old 03-19-2017, 08:47 AM
alextse88 is an unknown quantity at this point
Congrats she looks amazing & I LOVE your garage ;-)... cheers!

Old 03-19-2017, 08:55 AM
Old phart is a jewel in the roughOld phart is a jewel in the roughOld phart is a jewel in the roughOld phart is a jewel in the rough
Congratulations. Beautiful car. Really is a bit of a milestone when one purchases their first Aston. Your little one looks still small enough to fit in the back seats. Just tell her to repeat these 4 words - "Lets take dads car."

Old 03-19-2017, 08:56 AM
PK_Vantage is on a distinguished road
Congrats! What a lovely garage for an even lovelier car!

Old 03-19-2017, 09:00 AM
62Jeff Is a GOD !62Jeff Is a GOD !62Jeff Is a GOD !62Jeff Is a GOD !62Jeff Is a GOD !62Jeff Is a GOD !62Jeff Is a GOD !62Jeff Is a GOD !62Jeff Is a GOD !62Jeff Is a GOD !62Jeff Is a GOD !
Congratulations and welcome!

Old 03-19-2017, 09:28 AM
EZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud of
Your car is beautiful. Wishing for an early spring so you can fully enjoy it.

Old 03-19-2017, 09:30 AM
GCBC has a reputation beyond reputeGCBC has a reputation beyond reputeGCBC has a reputation beyond reputeGCBC has a reputation beyond reputeGCBC has a reputation beyond reputeGCBC has a reputation beyond reputeGCBC has a reputation beyond reputeGCBC has a reputation beyond reputeGCBC has a reputation beyond reputeGCBC has a reputation beyond reputeGCBC has a reputation beyond repute
enjoy in good health

Old 03-19-2017, 10:50 AM
Dalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to behold
Congratulations. Perfect beast to add to your collection.

Old 03-19-2017, 12:30 PM
sonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud of
fantastic collection!

Old 03-19-2017, 04:00 PM
Graze is a name known to allGraze is a name known to allGraze is a name known to allGraze is a name known to allGraze is a name known to allGraze is a name known to all
Well done and great pictures, hope u get some good weather soon

Graze

Old 03-19-2017, 04:32 PM
Ron Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to behold
Very cool Aston, love the garage. I have 4 cars in my 2 car garage with two lifts as well. One 4 post and one 1 post lift. We need more details about your V 12, options trans ect.
Ron

Old 03-19-2017, 04:35 PM
Viper98912 is an unknown quantity at this point
Wow, a beautiful V12V in Quantum is a helluva first Aston! I hope to join you guys one day

Btw, you gave me a great idea of how to fit five cars into a 3 car with only a single 4-post and short cars.

But PS - that S5/RS5 isn't that special to be up there

Old 03-19-2017, 08:04 PM
bluecab is on a distinguished road
Congrats!

If you are not to far north in NH, come along to AMOC pub night, third wednesday of the month, usually in Waltham, MA 1/2 mi from AM of NE. Non-members are welcomed!

David

Old 03-19-2017, 11:43 PM
shootermcgav1n has a spectacular aura aboutshootermcgav1n has a spectacular aura about
very cool, congrats.

Old 03-19-2017, 11:44 PM
shootermcgav1n has a spectacular aura aboutshootermcgav1n has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by bluecab
Congrats!

If you are not to far north in NH, come along to AMOC pub night, third wednesday of the month, usually in Waltham, MA 1/2 mi from AM of NE. Non-members are welcomed!

David
interesting, if I'm ever staying w/my Boston friends when this goes down I'd love to drop in.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.