Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Any comments?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-09-2017, 02:52 AM
captain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to behold
Any comments?

Guys I have lowered my standards and yesterday went and added a 5l Ford Mustang to the toy box, it's still in standard form.
I drove it and in the heat of the moment was confused with emotion and excitement and decided without much thought to spoil myself, something us married men seldom do
I see it gets mixed reviews and it disgusts Porsche owners any comments fom the more refined (us Aston drivers)
At this stage I will not have the funds to fit the 500hp Rouch kit

Hoping some of our members in the USA have first hand exp with this car, I purchased the auto

Old 04-09-2017, 05:37 AM
embdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to behold
51 or 5.0 Mustang?

Old 04-09-2017, 08:17 AM
blue2000s is a jewel in the roughblue2000s is a jewel in the roughblue2000s is a jewel in the rough
I've not been in the latest Mustang, but have had a ride on a new Camaro SS. It's a really nice car with a great engine. The owner complains that the tires are too easy to break loose . If the Mustang is a competitive product, it must be pretty cool too. Anyone who disregards a specific car because of it's brand is short sighted IMO. Especially Ford, who makes great enthusiast cars today from the Fiesta ST all the way up to the GT.

Old 04-09-2017, 08:18 AM
blue2000s is a jewel in the roughblue2000s is a jewel in the roughblue2000s is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by embdenb
51 or 5.0 Mustang?

It's an L, not a 1

Old 04-09-2017, 08:28 AM
SheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to all
Originally Posted by captain Greg
Guys I have lowered my standards and yesterday went and added a 5l Ford Mustang to the toy box, it's still in standard form.
I drove it and in the heat of the moment was confused with emotion and excitement and decided without much thought to spoil myself, something us married men seldom do
I see it gets mixed reviews and it disgusts Porsche owners any comments fom the more refined (us Aston drivers)

Hoping some of our members in the USA have first hand exp with this car, I purchased the auto

Nothing wrong with a Mustang. I have a 92' 5.0 Conv that is still perfect and original. But, just like the Camaro ---- Redneck sports car.

They are good vehicles. The new ones get rave reviews. My suggestion is to not worry about HP and modding. Grab a bolt on exhaust system for it, and ride it like that. Enjoy it for what it is, then throw it away when you have abused it enough.

I had thought about a GT for a DD due to pricing is not bad. Would have gotten a 1 year old one when the value dropped like a rock though.

But, must be weird having a Ford in a garage or near the garage with a RR and AM.

Old 04-09-2017, 10:54 AM
Prefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud of
I had a 2 year lease in an EcoBoost Mustang with every possible option, my son also has the new SS Camaro. The love affair with the Mustang lasted about a week. Could not wait till the lease was up. I may have felt different if I had the V8... not sure.

Old 04-09-2017, 11:10 AM
captain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to behold
I did not consider the eco boost, also not selling any of my other children, so dont need to worry about not having the Vantage, can you advise if I should invest in a 5-6 year maintenance plan? its expensive and the car does come with a warranty

Never owned a car that does not come standard with a plan and am considering going into my first Ford and just paying for the annual service.

Would love some advise on that because tomorrow I will be collecting the car and will then purchase or not purchase the maintenance plan, the car will do less tha 15000Km a year

Old 04-09-2017, 12:56 PM
embdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Prefurbia
I had a 2 year lease in an EcoBoost Mustang with every possible option, my son also has the new SS Camaro. The love affair with the Mustang lasted about a week. Could not wait till the lease was up. I may have felt different if I had the V8... not sure.
If you are buying the mustang (or camero ) you have got to get the v8. The ford coyote engine is a terrific unit. (5.0 ci double overhead cam shafts)
The latest version of this engine in the Gt 350 has a flat plane crankshaft and puts out 526 hp and red lines at 8200 rpm

Old 04-09-2017, 01:25 PM
SheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to all
I did not consider the eco boost, also not selling any of my other children, so dont need to worry about not having the Vantage, can you advise if I should invest in a 5-6 year maintenance plan? its expensive and the car does come with a warranty

Never owned a car that does not come standard with a plan and am considering going into my first Ford and just paying for the annual service.

Would love some advise on that because tomorrow I will be collecting the car and will then purchase or not purchase the maintenance plan, the car will do less tha 15000Km a year
Guessing to what it covers ------- Maintenance for a NEW Mustang GT, should be an Oil change every 10-15k miles. Not sure what Ford is calling for these days. Might be 7500k. But, synthetic oil change should cost $100 or maybe a tad bit higher or lower. So your looking at 3 of those maybe. Then nothing else during warranty period of what is it 3/36 now. After that, likely minimal. Tires are all depending on how you drive, same for brakes.

But, should be minimal if any repairs, these cars are pretty worked through these days. i would likely say no to the maintenance plan, unless they show you what is costing so much. Look at what is needed for maintenance covered and how much that costs vs. the payed plan. Then decide. The plan is likely transferable if you sell the car before time is up, but ask that too.

Hope that helps, exhaust work and the car is even better, you will like the sound like the AM.

Old 04-09-2017, 05:07 PM
Aldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud of
Hey guys be nice...My son has a Green 2013 Mustang Coyote engine with tune...Sports exhaust and other mods...He tracks it and uses on street...Dealer offered to buy back as rare color for Almost as much as he paid...These are solid cars but not AM's...Oh..He just won first place in Florence, SC car show two weeks ago.
The six engine is ok but you need the V8 coyote if you a quick car...Good luck

Old 04-10-2017, 07:59 AM
its arrived in CT my red toy they are doing PDI and putting protective film on the windows as I scribe collecting it in 3 hours.

Its not as exciting as the Aston but Im kinda looking fwd to hooning

Name:  IMG_3990_zpsbyadorav.jpg
Views: 85
Size:  92.2 KB

Old 04-10-2017, 08:26 AM
Ron Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to behold
its arrived in CT my red toy they are doing PDI and putting protective film on the windows as I scribe collecting it in 3 hours.

Its not as exciting as the Aston but Im kinda looking fwd to hooning

I had a 2015 Mustang GT, I ordered it from the factory in early 2015. Mine had the performance package, Recaro seats with Red line stitching and the tech package. It was a great car, I also installed the Ford street performance springs and a Cat back exhaust. I did some track days in the car as well. I put 10,000 mules on my mustang with only one defect. The right rear tail light stopped working. It was replace under warranty. I don't think you need a maintenance plan. These cars are simple to maintain. I only sold it to down size from 5 cars to 4.
Ron

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Front.JPG
Views:	29
Size:	363.4 KB
ID:	473921   Click image for larger version

Name:	Recaro_seats.JPG
Views:	22
Size:	320.2 KB
ID:	473922   Click image for larger version

Name:	Raer.JPG
Views:	24
Size:	359.0 KB
ID:	473923   Click image for larger version

Name:	Wheel_2.JPG
Views:	18
Size:	198.2 KB
ID:	473924   Click image for larger version

Name:	Seats.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	335.6 KB
ID:	473925  

Click image for larger version

Name:	dash_full.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	368.3 KB
ID:	473927  
Attached Images  
Old 04-10-2017, 09:48 AM
sonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud of

I rented the 4cyl version for a weekend when I was traveling... it was... ok... Seating position was kind of wierd, I'm very tall so it was hard to get the seating adjusted comfortably. Not realy fun to drive other than hearing the turbos spool up, I am sure a much bigger engine would help!

I just generally hate mustangs because even their super high end ones, the interiors are like 100% plastic

I personally wouldn't buy a warranty, especially if you can part with your own funds and not have to go into debt or something... they are almost always a rip off, but whatever helps you sleep at night!

Last edited by sonies; 04-10-2017 at 10:35 AM.
Old 04-10-2017, 07:44 PM
Aldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud of
Ron...Nice car..My son is pricing the Recaro seats for his now. His color is the gotta have it green...I will tell him to see this threat on your old car...Thanks for posting...

Old 04-11-2017, 02:00 AM
That black is stunning

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.