Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

What did you do to your Aston today?

Old 04-27-2017, 07:29 PM
terminal_ac is a splendid one to beholdterminal_ac is a splendid one to beholdterminal_ac is a splendid one to beholdterminal_ac is a splendid one to beholdterminal_ac is a splendid one to beholdterminal_ac is a splendid one to behold
Took the plunge and ordered the Carbon Fibre Interior Kit - Part No.: EG33-83-10789.

Will install and provide pictures once it get's here.

Old 04-27-2017, 08:38 PM
Teekster is on a distinguished road
Just got some quick jacks last month. They are awesome!

Old 05-01-2017, 01:55 PM
911MTB will become famous soon enough
I just ordered the VelocityAP tune. I'll post my thoughts once I receive the programmer and get the new software installed. I hope it's as good as I've read!

Old 05-01-2017, 04:13 PM
svre46 will become famous soon enough
Thanks to Rich @ Redpants my new CHMSL and trunk bumpstops came right when I was returning from vacation. This completes my Carbon Eddition taillight install.

While I was in there I added a flasher module on the CHMSL. It has been lying around from my C6Z. Now I have a little protection from tailgaters.

Last edited by svre46; 05-01-2017 at 04:21 PM.
Old 05-02-2017, 06:37 AM
flinder is a splendid one to beholdflinder is a splendid one to beholdflinder is a splendid one to beholdflinder is a splendid one to beholdflinder is a splendid one to beholdflinder is a splendid one to beholdflinder is a splendid one to behold
CHMSL flasher questions

svre46, Can you supply more details on your application of a "flasher module" to your V8V CHMSL?

Did you use a turn signal flasher?
Where in the electrical system is it installed, at the lamp?
Is it a relatively easy plug and play?

Looks to be a great safety feature for our small cars in a truck/suv world.

Old 05-02-2017, 06:56 AM
Originally Posted by flinder
svre46, Can you supply more details on your application of a "flasher module" to your V8V CHMSL?

Did you use a turn signal flasher?
Where in the electrical system is it installed, at the lamp?
Is it a relatively easy plug and play?

Looks to be a great safety feature for our small cars in a truck/suv world.

Did you use a turn signal flasher? No. I used a "GS-100A LED Strobe Controller". You can use any controller you want. They make programmable ones online too if some would prefer less flash or a different pattern.
Where in the electrical system is it installed, at the lamp? Yes in series. See pics below.
Is it a relatively easy plug and play? Yes; It is really easy to do and reversible. One of the vendors should make a male and female harness adapter or you can use spade connectors like I did. The module came with 3M double sided tape and I stuck it to the boot near the light.

Name:  20170501_161725_zpst40o43q0.jpg
Views: 1910
Size:  367.9 KB
Name:  20170501_163616_zpswun0nlvd.jpg
Views: 1890
Size:  254.2 KB

Last edited by svre46; 05-02-2017 at 07:15 AM.
Old 05-03-2017, 05:48 PM
Gene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond repute
Had the X pipe fitted to the Aston today. With the KH 200 cel cats and the Quicksilver sport exhaust it is every thing I had hoped for. Louder than stock but not obnoxious. A bit higher pitch more of an exotic car sound. I'm very happy with it. Next maybe a set of headers and a tune.

Old 05-03-2017, 06:56 PM
silver997 is on a distinguished road
My radiator drain plug backed out. I changed the coolant recently. The plug didn't tension back to stock. I applied a thin layer of silicone to the outside of the plug. That seemed to work.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	20170503_165259.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	3.30 MB
ID:	475648  
Old 05-05-2017, 01:07 PM
captain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to behold
I just admired mine!

Seldom drive the British garage queen.... but I do enjoy keeping her clean

Name:  5%20may%2017%20019_zpsdogmowjo.jpg
Views: 1895
Size:  181.0 KB

ye the American muscle mating with the British sophistication watched by the Italian supermodel

Funny thing is I still prefer my rangie as a daily driver ....seriously thinking i should get a feminine car in my stable to be in vogue with my neighbors....but undecided if is should be a Porsche or a R8....

oh dear Im very close to being banned, and have been warned that I may not knock certain brands on this forum.....as we have sensitive members....who take offence to my rather direct way of going from A to B (its a Pilot thing) but i cant understand why, with my standard two and sum logic why R8 drivers get offended on an Aston forum when we speak our minds.... guys this is a Aston forum for men who enjoy the finest things in life and surely we can have an opinion?? after all we own the finest automobile???
Sensitive guys must read Ducati 1299 forum they even encourage swearing

just an hour ago my one neighbor stopped outside my drive way revved up with his new ladyboy (I think they call it a 718) and asked me if i wanted a dice....what is this man thinking a flat 4 with two hairdryers as compensation for displacement.... yep ... not the kind of behavior we see from Aston owners now is it?

Old 05-05-2017, 01:30 PM
silver997 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by captain Greg
(I think they call it a 718) and asked me if i wanted a dice....what is this man thinking a flat 4 with two hairdryers as compensation for displacement.... yep ... not the kind of behavior we see from Aston owners now is it?
I would like to get in on the modern Porsche bashing. Especially since Porsche started acting like Ferrari with there GT car allocations and what not. If you can even afford to buy one of there GT cars, you have to go on some "list" and put a deposit down and wait for years. It's kinda like just take my money! No they say. Your not somebody so you have to buy the car you want on the second hand market with a huge premium.

I really don't like what they have done on the 911 as far as not being able to see the engine. I like being able to see the engine?

I don't mind turbo charged engines as long as they have at least 6 cylinders. Yea, a turbo 4 is pretty lame in a sports car.

Old 05-05-2017, 05:34 PM
HabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to all
When I want to screw with Porsches I just ask them where they put their golf clubs

Back to the thread, I just got a quote for a touch up, caused by the butterfingered notveryattendant at the gas station. No, I will never let another attendant touch my car. I have learned my lesson. The law be damned, I will pump my own from now on!

Old 05-06-2017, 02:44 AM
captain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by HabitualOffender
When I want to screw with Porsches I just ask them where they put their golf clubs

!

I will remember that one a point that I seem to have overlooked

Old 05-06-2017, 10:13 AM
Prefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud of
Put new tires on

It bothered me that my PSS tires in the rear were 1.5" diameter more than stock, so I switched out yesterday to the correct diameter using the new PSS-4's... I like the way the car sits better and seems to handle better also. Did this while they had my car part last week for the timing cover and transaxle leaks covered under warranty... Rear tire old and new seen below

Name:	SideYard.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	161.2 KB
ID:	475799   Click image for larger version

Name:	NewRearTires.JPG
Views:	67
Size:	1.78 MB
ID:	475800  
Old 05-08-2017, 08:17 PM
Gene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond repute
Got the BC Forged wheels and a new set of Michelins put on today. Also installed the tpms defeat fro Redpants. It works like a charm.

Name:	IMG_1181.JPG
Views:	71
Size:	681.1 KB
ID:	475966  
Old 05-11-2017, 01:40 PM
Originally Posted by Gene G
Got the BC Forged wheels and a new set of Michelins put on today. Also installed the tpms defeat fro Redpants. It works like a charm.
Car looks good!

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: What did you do to your Aston today?