Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

What did you do to your Aston today?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-12-2017, 11:07 AM
HabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to all
Originally Posted by Zettinger
I got my Aston a new room mate.

Happy Birthday to me.
Happy Birthday to you indeed!

But you know the English and Germans have a checkered past. I wouldn't park those 2 very close to each other

Old 12-12-2017, 12:00 PM
MRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by HabitualOffender

But you know the English and Germans have a checkered past. I wouldn't park those 2 very close to each other
it's a brave new world...

Old 12-12-2017, 12:05 PM
HabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to all
I have to ask the obvious question.

Are you 4' tall and 75 pounds? How can anybody get in either one of those? LOL

Just fair warning, when the garage battle wakes you up in the middle of the night, you were forewarned!

Old 12-12-2017, 03:10 PM
MRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond repute
I have to ask the obvious question.

Are you 4' tall and 75 pounds? How can anybody get in either one of those? LOL

Just fair warning, when the garage battle wakes you up in the middle of the night, you were forewarned!
ha ha... the Aston is quite easy to get into...i have a skinny supermodel wife to get into the Porsche!

Old 12-12-2017, 03:54 PM
Dalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to behold

Congratulations and happy birthday.

Old 12-12-2017, 04:03 PM
Mathman85 is a glorious beacon of lightMathman85 is a glorious beacon of lightMathman85 is a glorious beacon of lightMathman85 is a glorious beacon of lightMathman85 is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by MRCW
ha ha... the Aston is quite easy to get into...i have a skinny supermodel wife to get into the Porsche!

Old 12-12-2017, 04:47 PM
Congratulations on the supermodel wife!

I don't need pics. My imagination is quite active.

Old 12-12-2017, 06:13 PM
yes. Imaginations are a wonderful thing!

Old 12-12-2017, 07:12 PM
Mathman85 is a glorious beacon of lightMathman85 is a glorious beacon of lightMathman85 is a glorious beacon of lightMathman85 is a glorious beacon of lightMathman85 is a glorious beacon of light
So she's imaginary. That explains how she can open the Porsche's door without scratching the Aston.

Old 12-12-2017, 07:43 PM
blue2000s is a jewel in the roughblue2000s is a jewel in the roughblue2000s is a jewel in the rough
Looking at this picture made me think about how much more difficult it is to see out of the back of the Aston even compared to a convertible like the Boxster, I had an S for a few years. It's really hard to gauge how to place the Aston through the rear windows. Ah the price for perfection...

Old 12-13-2017, 08:53 AM
Zettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of light
OK, they still had a 1/2mm of tread left to roast off, I like to use all the rubber they give me before replacing, I just wasn't planning on having to drive it in the snow!

Actually I have lots of tread they're just not on the car LOL

Grabbed these on a buy it now, just sent boxes down so I can have them picked up, they wouldn't ship, but I love the look of the V12 wheels on the V8.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/172986013177

And the next day I chewed up a good foot of my front right wheel so I jumped on ebay again and bought this beautiful set of 5 spokes, the tread just an extra bonus. And my first question was the date code on the tires showed they were 07's so I specifically asked how much dry rot there was, the answer was absolutely none. Well, of course there was a little, so they rebated $300 back, well worth just for the rims.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/112642965490

Those are here but I wanted to put the V12 set on. But only after I changed the pads so just pressed the order button for the Porterfields from Rich. As soon as the dust is gone the rims go on.
Wow.. You got killer deal there. Congrats buddy!
I'm jealous of the V12 wheel deal you got.

I was looking for wheels pictures to make a decision for my Birthday gift for me when I ended up looking at 997 Porsche's.

It is new shoes but a bit different. That's how I sold it to my wife.

Thank you!

they have to get along! The Aston shared the garage with the M3 before.
The Aston is more the outsider in my house hold.
I'm probably the most German guy you can find. Born in Munich, grew up in the alps and spend most of my life in Munich till I moved to the US.
My first words were probably BMW.

My buddies couldn't believe I got a non German car when I bought my Aston. Now it happened and my M3 had to move out of the garage to provide space for the Porsche. No one would have believed that but I guess my excuse is I turned 40.

And yes I own Lederhosen.

Originally Posted by Dalecannavan
Congratulations and happy birthday.
Thank you!

Park the Boxster in backwards

Old 12-13-2017, 03:06 PM
Aldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud of
Wow H-O you did get a deal!!!! I am thinking of trying the Brembo brake pads as my brakes are gone. I need front rotors too, strange as back rotors are ok. I guess I drive too spirited I believe.

When I traveled to Florida I had problems staying the limit a bit!!! LOl My wife needed aspirin many times when I dropped into 4th and floored when playing....her head snapped back and I got the stare..hahaha

Z---nice cars!!! As for wives...I keep my imagination and remarks clean! I am sure both cars and wife are wonderful--lucky man!!!

Family vacation to Florida this week so Flying this time...hate it!!!

Safe driving!!!!

Old 12-13-2017, 04:37 PM
I'm probably the most German guy you can find. Born in Munich, grew up in the alps and spend most of my life in Munich till I moved to the US.
My first words were probably BMW.

My buddies couldn't believe I got a non German car when I bought my Aston. Now it happened and my M3 had to move out of the garage to provide space for the Porsche. No one would have believed that but I guess my excuse is I turned 40.

And yes I own Lederhosen.
I wouldn't take the Ancestry.com DNA test, you might find out you need to trade in your lederhosen for a kilt!

Park the Boxster in backwards
You want a supermodel to reverse a Porsche next to the Aston?! Your Scottish is showing already! LOL

Old 12-13-2017, 04:39 PM
Originally Posted by Aldv
Wow H-O you did get a deal!!!! I am thinking of trying the Brembo brake pads as my brakes are gone. I need front rotors too, strange as back rotors are ok. I guess I drive too spirited I believe.
I'm sure the guy that put the first 36,000 miles on it had a little something to do with that

Old 12-15-2017, 03:28 PM
Originally Posted by blue2000s
Looking at this picture made me think about how much more difficult it is to see out of the back of the Aston even compared to a convertible like the Boxster, I had an S for a few years. It's really hard to gauge how to place the Aston through the rear windows. Ah the price for perfection...
it's real easy to see out of the boxster with the top down... I've very rarely ever driven it with the top up... alas it is now gone... up to Chicago with a new owner... it was never out of Florida... it's likely freezing to death...

so now my big fat ugly wife can get in the Aston...(imaginary again...)

Last edited by MRCW; 12-15-2017 at 03:30 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: What did you do to your Aston today?