Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

What did you do to your Aston today?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-24-2017, 09:41 AM
svre46 will become famous soon enough
I gave her a good wash. The car had a CQuartz treatment last year and I never really took the time to give her a proper bath since then. Just a light dusting here and there or I would utilize a spray detailer. I finally got around to getting the right soap and man does she look good. Black and swirl free!!

I used CarProReset followed with a wet application of CarProReload.

Old 07-24-2017, 09:59 AM
randyb will become famous soon enoughrandyb will become famous soon enough
Put new tinting on the digital displays, took about 10 try's to get it right as the displays have a metal ring around the outside which makes it difficult to get the air bubbles out.

Old 07-24-2017, 10:53 AM
silver997 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by AMG_Beast
Next on my list! Any CEL?
1k miles so far. No CEL.

Old 07-25-2017, 04:19 PM
Prefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud of
Got my Car Back (again) from Ceramic Coating and 3M Clear Bra

A few days ago I picked up my new (used) V12S from Morries who did a full front protection clip and CilaJet protection (interior and exterior). I noticed that the bra felt 'plastic' and did not shine as the paint did. They forgot to CilaJet the 3M coverings so they did that yesterday (needs 24 hours to cure), When I picked it up they had their 2015 V12S for sale next to mine. That V12S had a 3M full front clip and had a ceramic finish applied when first bought but apparently not reapplied. The paint on it felt dry and the 3M felt plasticky. Apparently the ceramic coating had mostly worn off. But what is interesting looking at the picture is that with both cars having protection and both the same age (the one at Morries has 7,000 miles, and mine has 22,000 miles) and both being Black Onyx, in the background is mine with a much deeper Black and flawless paint with the CilaJet coating and the conditioning they did before applying the protective coatings.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1756.JPG
Views:	46
Size:	2.11 MB
ID:	480689  
Old 07-25-2017, 04:23 PM
HabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to all
That is quite a difference, although the biggest difference is the lack of front plate on yours. You're such a rebel

Old 07-25-2017, 04:34 PM
Prefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud of
I'd rather pay the ticket - however I am in Minneapolis so I might get shot while pulled over - yeah, even getting shot is worth not having the front plate.

Old 07-25-2017, 05:32 PM
HabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to all
I agree, you'll never see one on my car! Although it's probably just as easy to get shot while pulled over here

Old 07-28-2017, 04:19 PM
Had the oil changed today, too dirty at 7000 miles to wait for the yearly.

FCKAM - $429

Yea, it's about twice as much as DIY but it came with a free donut and cup of joe!

I was really there to get a parts scan on the AMDS so Gaydon can program a data logger for it. He did open the gas tank and check the EVAP line and it was perfect, as suspected but had to be ruled out as it's a known cause. They did not charge me to do that, which was a very nice surprise. Dealers are willing to do lots of little things gratis, they just charge a lot for what they do charge you for.

Last edited by HabitualOffender; 07-28-2017 at 10:20 PM.
Old 07-28-2017, 09:03 PM
deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by skywagon
I think that looks way better. That is why I went with the same ROW part for my bumper upgrade. I could not stand the plastic in a sea of well crafted carbon fiber.
Where did you source the diffuser? Could you PM me what you paid? Thanks

Old 08-03-2017, 08:18 AM
Gene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond repute
I registered our Aston for the Ponte Vedra auto show on September 10th. Have brought a car for the last five years. It is usually a great show.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1202.JPG
Views:	46
Size:	1.12 MB
ID:	505647  
Old 08-05-2017, 09:54 AM
Got the car cleaned and stopped by our local Supercar Saturdays car show.

Old 08-05-2017, 10:32 AM
sonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud of
Hey I was there too, I didnt see your car though mine was the much dirtier black vantage

Old 08-05-2017, 10:35 AM
Originally Posted by Kanga
One of the best looking wheels Aston did for the Gaydon cars, better than a lot of custom ones!
Thank You. They need a refinish. Clear coat is starting to fail.

Originally Posted by sonies
Hey I was there too, I didnt see your car though mine was the much dirtier black vantage
I didn't see your car either. I got there around 8:30 but left around 10:30 or 10:45. I am going to try to make the last show in bolingbrook next month too. I only saw the silver DBS there.

Old 08-05-2017, 11:00 AM
sonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by svre46
Thank You. They need a refinish. Clear coat is starting to fail.

I didn't see your car either. I got there around 8:30 but left around 10:30 or 10:45. I am going to try to make the last show in bolingbrook next month too. I only saw the silver DBS there.

yeah I got there around 9:30 didn't pull into a spot on the strip till around 10, i was on the side by the exit... anyway, i'll be at the one in bolingbrook next month as well, hope to see you there

Old 08-09-2017, 06:29 PM
Mathman85 is a glorious beacon of lightMathman85 is a glorious beacon of lightMathman85 is a glorious beacon of lightMathman85 is a glorious beacon of lightMathman85 is a glorious beacon of light
I did the Redpants catch can the other day... very OEM-looking, I like it...

And then, not Aston Martin-related, I received a large shipment of parts for my other car and couldn't help but laugh that all of this cost less than an OEM carbon fiber V12V grill...

(Yes, the other fender, other headlight bucket, and three other fender flares are included; I just didn't leave them unwrapped for a pic.)

If the guys who made this stuff can have it turn out this great and still turn a profit, I have to wonder about Aston Martin's margins... lol

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: What did you do to your Aston today?