Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

What did you do to your Aston today?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-21-2018, 03:53 PM
Mathman85 is a glorious beacon of lightMathman85 is a glorious beacon of lightMathman85 is a glorious beacon of lightMathman85 is a glorious beacon of lightMathman85 is a glorious beacon of light
Yours was the first one I saw in alloro green without the yellow... kinda made me wish I'd have found a similarly spec'ed one. It has grown on me, though.

And yeah, the rain the past two days washed away all the snow and cleared a lot of the salt off the roads... forecast doesn't show freezing temps in the next ten days, so I decided to trust that the snow was over with.

Old 02-21-2018, 05:03 PM
Dalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Mathman85
Yours was the first one I saw in alloro green without the yellow... kinda made me wish I'd have found a similarly spec'ed one. It has grown on me, though.
I love your color combo. Although, I think I would try and find a matching green wrap to cover the yellow on the A pillars. I didn't have the patients to keep looking for a green V8VS car. I think at some point I will go for an Allora green wrap on my car.

Old 02-21-2018, 05:37 PM
supraholic will become famous soon enoughsupraholic will become famous soon enough
Vinyl wrapped window trim

Spent a few hours applying flat black 3M 1080 vinyl wrap to my chrome window trim. It’s amazing how such a small thing changes the look of the car. I really like it.

Before:

After:

Old 02-21-2018, 06:05 PM
Dalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to behold
That looks great supraholic!

Old 02-21-2018, 06:44 PM
Ron Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to behold
Wow, good job on the trim.
Ron

Old 02-21-2018, 06:47 PM
Ron Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to behold
I picked it up from storage today... came back with new shoes (Pilot Sport 4S), a new car cover (green with yellow piping), and new side strakes...

Fed it for the first time since November 25th...

... just the beginning of the carbon fiber upgrades...
I have the same side strakes, look good.
Ron

Old 02-22-2018, 08:26 AM
sonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud of

And yeah, the rain the past two days washed away all the snow and cleared a lot of the salt off the roads... forecast doesn't show freezing temps in the next ten days, so I decided to trust that the snow was over with.
just remember last year it snowed like a foot on March 14th

I hope we got our foot of snow out of the way early this year, i'm dying to drive!!!!

I'm doing the something different than supraholic, I'm going to wrap my car matte silver metallic keep all the chrome and add Rich's clear side marker package over the next few months, I think it will look nice

Last edited by sonies; 02-22-2018 at 08:34 AM.
Old 03-05-2018, 08:20 AM
911MTB will become famous soon enough
I added a carbon front splitter

Old 03-05-2018, 11:12 AM
handyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond repute
Nice work, love the look... now will you do the back diffuser?

Old 03-05-2018, 11:52 AM
Originally Posted by handyman2009
Nice work, love the look... now will you do the back diffuser?
Thanks. I would like to do the rear diffuser but I'll probably wait until next winter to do that. I need something to look forward to while the car sits for the winter.

Old 03-05-2018, 01:20 PM
handyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond repute
I hear you, I was a little bit in a rush to get it the way I always pictured mine and got the front splitter, rear diffuser and V12 Side skirts... this year I am adding Carbon Fiber mirror caps and probably blackout all side markers... Almost forgot the 200 Cells and Tunes from VelocityAP purchased over the winter, that should make a huge difference. Your car is the same color as mine

Old 03-05-2018, 01:43 PM
Our cars are looking similar, the photos below are before I got the splitter on. I see we have the exact same one. I also did the VAP tune last year, but no mechanicals. I look forward to seeing your additional changes.

Old 04-20-2018, 09:29 AM
sonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud of

I'm going to blame you for our extra month of Winter!!!

and yes to follow up in this thread, I did wrap my car but rich's clear side markers aren't in stock yet
I'm sure you already saw it here but in case you didn't... https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...our-aston.html

Old 04-21-2018, 10:40 AM
Mathman85 is a glorious beacon of lightMathman85 is a glorious beacon of lightMathman85 is a glorious beacon of lightMathman85 is a glorious beacon of lightMathman85 is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by sonies
I'm going to blame you for our extra month of Winter!!!

and yes to follow up in this thread, I did wrap my car but rich's clear side markers aren't in stock yet
I'm sure you already saw it here but in case you didn't... https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...our-aston.html
I don't know what you're being a sissy about... I had my car on a track on Wednesday.

Aside: Pilot Sport 4Ss are amazing.

Last edited by Mathman85; 04-21-2018 at 10:53 AM.
Old 04-21-2018, 10:58 AM
duuuuuude are you a member there? or just a scca thing?

also looking forward to supercar saturday on may 5th in barrington, I hope to see you there!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: What did you do to your Aston today?