Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

What did you do to your Aston today?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-21-2019, 06:18 PM
spinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to behold
Great colour combo! It appears you have the metal mesh inserts on the hood - do you have any other pics of those? How do you like them compared to the carbon fibre ones?

Also, curious to hear your impressions on the final version of the ski slope with the capacitive buttons.

Old 04-21-2019, 10:47 PM
Prefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud of
answers

I ordered new glass buttons from Aston Martin Bits - from a looks part I prefer the second generation Ski Slope look and functions (I like having a radio that does not need to popup a screen and the layout). The metal mesh on the hood - not sure about that - it might look good on a silver car, but I always were fond of louvers. I'm transferring wheel spacers I had on the 15 V12S. I dont' have the car for a few weeks, but these are picts from the dealer.

Old 04-21-2019, 11:09 PM
Graze is a name known to allGraze is a name known to allGraze is a name known to allGraze is a name known to allGraze is a name known to allGraze is a name known to all
Prefurbia

new car looks great - congrats

what size spacers do you have & did you change out the wheel nuts or lengthen the wheel studs

I was considering 5mm front & back on mine

Graeme

Old 04-22-2019, 07:30 AM
MRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Prefurbia

I ordered new glass buttons from Aston Martin Bits - from a looks part I prefer the second generation Ski Slope look and functions (I like having a radio that does not need to popup a screen and the layout). The metal mesh on the hood - not sure about that - it might look good on a silver car, but I always were fond of louvers. I'm transferring wheel spacers I had on the 15 V12S. I dont' have the car for a few weeks, but these are picts from the dealer.
the pop up screen just for radio is a deal breaker for me... it is useless and ugly... when did the change occur?

Old 04-22-2019, 12:29 PM
MRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond repute

up on the new quickjack for oil change

Old 04-22-2019, 12:42 PM
brightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond repute
Drove the Aston to my Aunt's house for our Seder. Showed off the engine to a cousin who's an engineer. Was digging the V12.

Old 04-23-2019, 05:04 PM
Gene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond repute

I traded our DB11 in on this Bentley Flying Spur. All of our cars only have two doors and only the Bentley GT has usable rear seats. Being in our 70s as are our friends it is hard to get in and out of the GT. So the Flying Spur with its rear doors will make taking another couple with us much easier. Hopefully it will be as good to us as our GT. I still have the V8Vantage and plan on keeping it as a permanent part of our collection.

Old 04-23-2019, 06:50 PM
Graze is a name known to allGraze is a name known to allGraze is a name known to allGraze is a name known to allGraze is a name known to allGraze is a name known to all
Originally Posted by Gene G

I traded our DB11 in on this Bentley Flying Spur. All of our cars only have two doors and only the Bentley GT has usable rear seats. Being in our 70s as are our friends it is hard to get in and out of the GT. So the Flying Spur with its rear doors will make taking another couple with us much easier. Hopefully it will be as good to us as our GT. I still have the V8Vantage and plan on keeping it as a permanent part of our collection.
Gene

nice car , But, did you consider a Rapide?

Graeme

Old 04-23-2019, 07:38 PM
Gene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Graze
Gene

nice car , But, did you consider a Rapide?

Graeme
i did but the back seats of the Rapide are a bit tight and being low like a Vantage or DB9 they would present a problem for some of our older friends. I really like the Rapide and they have a real nice one at Aston Martin DC.

Old 04-23-2019, 07:47 PM
sonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud of
I thought you had a Rolls Royce Ghost? Or am I mistaken and yours is a 2 door?

and thats crazy I had no clue they still made the Flying Spur, I thought they only made the Continental and the Mulsanne

Old 04-24-2019, 12:48 PM
Originally Posted by sonies
I thought you had a Rolls Royce Ghost? Or am I mistaken and yours is a 2 door?

and thats crazy I had no clue they still made the Flying Spur, I thought they only made the Continental and the Mulsanne
i did have a Ghost and traded it in on the DB11. They are both really nice cars.

Old 04-25-2019, 06:01 AM
W126C will become famous soon enough
Love the Flying Spur, enjoy it Gene.

Regards,

Old 04-28-2019, 01:20 PM
goto35 will become famous soon enoughgoto35 will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Prefurbia

Traded my 2015 V12S Onyx Black with Black interior with Tamo Ash Ski Slope and yellow trim and brakes and a bronze grill for a 2017 V12S in Magnetic Silver with Sahara Tan interior at Ogara at Beverly HIlls. My 2015 V12S is still under factory warranty till July, has Xpel self healing full front clip and Cilajet Ceramic (Xpel and CilaJet done just over a year ago). Since I have an extended warranty, there are no issues and all services done. It should be at Ogara in a few weeks. This is a non-abused V12S with 13,200 miles on it - I've stored it winters and do not even drive it in the rain. If looking for a black on black it will be a safe buy.

Old and new car above (picts of new one from Ogara, as I do not have it yet)...
Is ogara selling your 2015?

Old 04-28-2019, 02:33 PM
Prefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud of
New Arrival

Yes, Ogara transport just picked up my 2015 V12S and delivered the new one. Picts of the delivery here. I set the Sport mode as default (in the 2017 V12S settings) already. Cant drive it because they are far behind on paperwork and no license plates yet.

Old 04-28-2019, 02:56 PM
Ron Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to behold
Gorgeous Aston and color combination is lovely! Enjoy it.
Ron

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: What did you do to your Aston today?