Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

What did you do to your Aston today?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-28-2019, 04:48 PM
Graze is a name known to allGraze is a name known to allGraze is a name known to allGraze is a name known to allGraze is a name known to allGraze is a name known to all
that is just lovely, congrats

Graeme

Old 05-17-2019, 10:23 AM
blue2000s is a jewel in the roughblue2000s is a jewel in the roughblue2000s is a jewel in the rough
I found a flat, horizontal surface with two unused threaded holes above the stereo to hard mount my Dension to via a flat plate. The location is behind the location that I'm pointing to with the blue arrows. The wide aluminum plate mounts to the flat surface and secured by screws in the existing holes, the Dension then mounts to holes in the plate. No more trying to stick the Dension to the vent plenum with sticky back velcro. Still plenty of room for hot air to get out of the stereo (and the Dension) but now that Dension isn't going anywhere.

The three times that I've pulled the start button/vent cover off, I break the thin loops that hold the GPS door hinge. Last time I repaired it with a moldable plastic material but it was brittle and rebroke. This time I rebuilt the loop with JB Weld. Seems pretty robust now.

Last edited by blue2000s; 05-17-2019 at 10:43 AM.
Old 05-18-2019, 09:45 AM
MRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond repute
Had my detail guy install PPF on headlights... Took an hour over coffee and cost $95. I think the cheapest mod on my car!

Old 05-18-2019, 11:33 AM
Prefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud of
Getting glass switches installed & wheel spacers

This looks like a larger job than pulling a panel and switching plastic for glass switches

Old 05-20-2019, 06:23 PM
Jferrante has a brilliant futureJferrante has a brilliant futureJferrante has a brilliant futureJferrante has a brilliant futureJferrante has a brilliant futureJferrante has a brilliant futureJferrante has a brilliant futureJferrante has a brilliant futureJferrante has a brilliant futureJferrante has a brilliant futureJferrante has a brilliant future
Cleaned and got some pictures taken since she is going to be for sale
Attachment 536324

Old 05-20-2019, 07:42 PM
programmatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Jferrante
Cleaned and got some pictures taken since she is going to be for sale
Try to take pictures of your car before 9 AM or after 6:30 PM when the sun is lower in the sky. An overcast day is preferable because the light will be diffused by the clouds (softer). Noon is the worst time to take pictures because the light from the sun is very hard and will cast harsh shadows.

I noticed you're in Arlington. I'm in Vienna. Let me know if you need help with pics and I can help you take some. Good luck with the sale!

Old 05-20-2019, 07:44 PM
Jferrante has a brilliant futureJferrante has a brilliant futureJferrante has a brilliant futureJferrante has a brilliant futureJferrante has a brilliant futureJferrante has a brilliant futureJferrante has a brilliant futureJferrante has a brilliant futureJferrante has a brilliant futureJferrante has a brilliant futureJferrante has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by programmatore
Try to take pictures of your car before 9 AM or after 6:30 PM when the sun is lower in the sky. An overcast day is preferable because the light will be diffused by the clouds (softer). Noon is the worst time to take pictures because the light from the sun is very hard and will cast harsh shadows.

I noticed you're in Arlington. I'm in Vienna. Let me know if you need help with pics and I can help you take some. Good luck with the sale!

This was the only one I took from the mid day the rest were in the shade.

Old 05-29-2019, 07:25 PM
dcarrer0 has much to be proud ofdcarrer0 has much to be proud ofdcarrer0 has much to be proud ofdcarrer0 has much to be proud ofdcarrer0 has much to be proud ofdcarrer0 has much to be proud ofdcarrer0 has much to be proud ofdcarrer0 has much to be proud of
Gym & work.

Old 06-09-2019, 07:46 PM
blue2000s is a jewel in the roughblue2000s is a jewel in the roughblue2000s is a jewel in the rough
I took the Vantage out for a very spirited couple hour long drive today. I think I impressed the rider of the sport bike behind me because every time I took a tight corner or series of corners I'd look back and he was wayyy behind me. He'd then catch up on straights (I'd slow down on straights). He gave me a honk and thumbs up when I turned around after coming up to traffic.

You don't see many Astons driven like a sports car but I've said it before, boulevard and highway cruising is a waste of a Vantages talents. The car is so alive when it comes up on a set of corners. The steering feel, chassis stiffness, suspension confidence and adjustability, the engine roar and all that power makes it a great canyon carver. This car absolutely shrinks around you and is extremely rewarding to drive quickly.

Old 06-09-2019, 07:55 PM
Graze is a name known to allGraze is a name known to allGraze is a name known to allGraze is a name known to allGraze is a name known to allGraze is a name known to all
Blue

great to hear you are using it to its abilities - agree they are great cars

I had some track time and even on a tight circuit I was able to keep with a lotus elise through the corners and was way quicker on the straights (no surprise)

car has way more ability than the driver in my case

Graze

Old 06-09-2019, 08:31 PM
yvr
yvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud of
Did this route today in the DB9: https://www.hellobc.com/road-trips/s...-circle-route/ (700km/430 miles)

Very little traffic for most of the drive (almost none for the best parts, which were really, *really* good), great weather.

Car was flawless and a joy to drive.

Old 06-10-2019, 10:43 AM
Originally Posted by Graze
Blue

great to hear you are using it to its abilities - agree they are great cars

I had some track time and even on a tight circuit I was able to keep with a lotus elise through the corners and was way quicker on the straights (no surprise)

car has way more ability than the driver in my case

Graze
Funny that you mention the Elise. As great as the Vantage is as a sports car, speaking from my own experience, I'm WAY faster through twisty roads in the Elise. It's much smaller and lighter, got vastly better sight lines and changes direction much more quickly.

Old 06-10-2019, 01:54 PM
DonBond is a jewel in the roughDonBond is a jewel in the roughDonBond is a jewel in the rough
Started mine today for the first time this year........pathetic, I know.....

Old 07-05-2019, 11:54 PM
I found today that when I pushed the windshield washers, I was getting no juice but the wipers were going (BTW, it's funny how the wipers go three times in a row, then pause for one last wipe). When I got home, I found that the washer fluid was coming out of the right side fender vent!

Obviously, I found a chaffed hose when I got the wheel well liner off. It was rubbed half way through the hose as it makes it's way behind the vent. A trip to Oreiley's and three hours later and the hose is replaced. What a fiddly job!

This would have been a 10 minute job on a normal car but it requires that the wheel comes off, then the fender liner. Why does the liner require 20-something screws to hold it in place??? This is the most complicated, large fender liner I've ever seen. The hose takes a complicated, torturous (lots of sharp edges to avoid) journey from the bottom of the washer tank up through the fender and into the hood. Then you have to remove the washer jets from the hood because that end of the hose is buried inside the hood and you can't get it off without pulling the hoses back out, which requires the jets to be removed from the hoses..

Last edited by blue2000s; 07-06-2019 at 10:17 AM.
Old 07-06-2019, 04:55 PM
Mathman85 is a glorious beacon of lightMathman85 is a glorious beacon of lightMathman85 is a glorious beacon of lightMathman85 is a glorious beacon of lightMathman85 is a glorious beacon of light
I set a personal best lap time at Autobahn Country Club last evening:

In fact, I ran four laps faster than my previous record. Could've probably done more, but I was getting held up a lot... including by a pesky V10 R8 that took way too long to give me the point-by.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: What did you do to your Aston today?