Notices
Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

What did you do to your Aston today?

Old 04-28-2019, 01:20 PM
goto35 will become famous soon enoughgoto35 will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Prefurbia

Traded my 2015 V12S Onyx Black with Black interior with Tamo Ash Ski Slope and yellow trim and brakes and a bronze grill for a 2017 V12S in Magnetic Silver with Sahara Tan interior at Ogara at Beverly HIlls. My 2015 V12S is still under factory warranty till July, has Xpel self healing full front clip and Cilajet Ceramic (Xpel and CilaJet done just over a year ago). Since I have an extended warranty, there are no issues and all services done. It should be at Ogara in a few weeks. This is a non-abused V12S with 13,200 miles on it - I've stored it winters and do not even drive it in the rain. If looking for a black on black it will be a safe buy.

Old and new car above (picts of new one from Ogara, as I do not have it yet)...
Is ogara selling your 2015?

Old 04-28-2019, 02:33 PM
Prefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud of
New Arrival

Yes, Ogara transport just picked up my 2015 V12S and delivered the new one. Picts of the delivery here. I set the Sport mode as default (in the 2017 V12S settings) already. Cant drive it because they are far behind on paperwork and no license plates yet.

Old 04-28-2019, 02:56 PM
Ron Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to behold
Gorgeous Aston and color combination is lovely! Enjoy it.
Ron

Old 04-28-2019, 04:48 PM
Graze will become famous soon enoughGraze will become famous soon enough
that is just lovely, congrats

Graeme

Old 05-17-2019, 10:23 AM
blue2000s has a spectacular aura aboutblue2000s has a spectacular aura aboutblue2000s has a spectacular aura about
I found a flat, horizontal surface with two unused threaded holes above the stereo to hard mount my Dension to via a flat plate. The location is behind the location that I'm pointing to with the blue arrows. The wide aluminum plate mounts to the flat surface and secured by screws in the existing holes, the Dension then mounts to holes in the plate. No more trying to stick the Dension to the vent plenum with sticky back velcro. Still plenty of room for hot air to get out of the stereo (and the Dension) but now that Dension isn't going anywhere.

The three times that I've pulled the start button/vent cover off, I break the thin loops that hold the GPS door hinge. Last time I repaired it with a moldable plastic material but it was brittle and rebroke. This time I rebuilt the loop with JB Weld. Seems pretty robust now.

Last edited by blue2000s; 05-17-2019 at 10:43 AM.
Old 05-18-2019, 09:45 AM
MRCW is a glorious beacon of lightMRCW is a glorious beacon of lightMRCW is a glorious beacon of lightMRCW is a glorious beacon of lightMRCW is a glorious beacon of light
Had my detail guy install PPF on headlights... Took an hour over coffee and cost $95. I think the cheapest mod on my car!

Old 05-18-2019, 11:33 AM
Prefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud of
Getting glass switches installed & wheel spacers

This looks like a larger job than pulling a panel and switching plastic for glass switches

Old 05-20-2019, 06:23 PM
Jferrante has a brilliant futureJferrante has a brilliant futureJferrante has a brilliant futureJferrante has a brilliant futureJferrante has a brilliant futureJferrante has a brilliant futureJferrante has a brilliant futureJferrante has a brilliant futureJferrante has a brilliant futureJferrante has a brilliant futureJferrante has a brilliant future
Cleaned and got some pictures taken since she is going to be for sale

Old 05-20-2019, 07:42 PM
programmatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Jferrante View Post
Cleaned and got some pictures taken since she is going to be for sale
Try to take pictures of your car before 9 AM or after 6:30 PM when the sun is lower in the sky. An overcast day is preferable because the light will be diffused by the clouds (softer). Noon is the worst time to take pictures because the light from the sun is very hard and will cast harsh shadows.

I noticed you're in Arlington. I'm in Vienna. Let me know if you need help with pics and I can help you take some. Good luck with the sale!

Old 05-20-2019, 07:44 PM
Jferrante has a brilliant futureJferrante has a brilliant futureJferrante has a brilliant futureJferrante has a brilliant futureJferrante has a brilliant futureJferrante has a brilliant futureJferrante has a brilliant futureJferrante has a brilliant futureJferrante has a brilliant futureJferrante has a brilliant futureJferrante has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by programmatore View Post
Try to take pictures of your car before 9 AM or after 6:30 PM when the sun is lower in the sky. An overcast day is preferable because the light will be diffused by the clouds (softer). Noon is the worst time to take pictures because the light from the sun is very hard and will cast harsh shadows.

I noticed you're in Arlington. I'm in Vienna. Let me know if you need help with pics and I can help you take some. Good luck with the sale!

This was the only one I took from the mid day the rest were in the shade.

Old 05-29-2019, 07:25 PM
dcarrer0 is an unknown quantity at this point
Gym & work.

Old 06-09-2019, 07:46 PM
blue2000s has a spectacular aura aboutblue2000s has a spectacular aura aboutblue2000s has a spectacular aura about
I took the Vantage out for a very spirited couple hour long drive today. I think I impressed the rider of the sport bike behind me because every time I took a tight corner or series of corners I'd look back and he was wayyy behind me. He'd then catch up on straights (I'd slow down on straights). He gave me a honk and thumbs up when I turned around after coming up to traffic.

You don't see many Astons driven like a sports car but I've said it before, boulevard and highway cruising is a waste of a Vantages talents. The car is so alive when it comes up on a set of corners. The steering feel, chassis stiffness, suspension confidence and adjustability, the engine roar and all that power makes it a great canyon carver. This car absolutely shrinks around you and is extremely rewarding to drive quickly.

Old 06-09-2019, 07:55 PM
Graze will become famous soon enoughGraze will become famous soon enough
Blue

great to hear you are using it to its abilities - agree they are great cars

I had some track time and even on a tight circuit I was able to keep with a lotus elise through the corners and was way quicker on the straights (no surprise)

car has way more ability than the driver in my case

Graze

Old 06-09-2019, 08:31 PM
yvr
yvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud of
Did this route today in the DB9: https://www.hellobc.com/road-trips/s...-circle-route/ (700km/430 miles)

Very little traffic for most of the drive (almost none for the best parts, which were really, *really* good), great weather.

Car was flawless and a joy to drive.

Old 06-10-2019, 10:43 AM
Originally Posted by Graze View Post
Blue

great to hear you are using it to its abilities - agree they are great cars

I had some track time and even on a tight circuit I was able to keep with a lotus elise through the corners and was way quicker on the straights (no surprise)

car has way more ability than the driver in my case

Graze
Funny that you mention the Elise. As great as the Vantage is as a sports car, speaking from my own experience, I'm WAY faster through twisty roads in the Elise. It's much smaller and lighter, got vastly better sight lines and changes direction much more quickly.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.