Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

2018 Vantage patent filing and render

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-01-2017, 05:25 PM
sierraV12V is just really nicesierraV12V is just really nicesierraV12V is just really nicesierraV12V is just really nice
Looks good, I could see adding a second aston to the garage at some point based on this.

Old 07-01-2017, 06:03 PM
sonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by spyder997s
I read this about the new v8 engine, which is the same as the v8 in the DB11:

"To make sure DB11s fitted with the Mercedes engine feel (and perform) like a true Aston, the engineers in Gaydon have fitted a bespoke air intake, a new exhaust and wet sump lubrication. A unique software map should make the DB11 feel different to, say, the E63 AMG and AMG GT with which it shares an engine."

So it basically has an Aston Martin intake, exhaust, and software.

If that makes this engine an Aston Martin engine, then our tuners and sponsors on this board get to claim many engines in their name too! Lol

Not many were complaining about Pagani using AMG engines not too long ago...

Old 07-02-2017, 11:15 AM
Mathman85 is a glorious beacon of lightMathman85 is a glorious beacon of lightMathman85 is a glorious beacon of lightMathman85 is a glorious beacon of lightMathman85 is a glorious beacon of light
Yeah, I don't inherently have a problem with using Mercedes engines, but I do worry about the sound. I haven't heard an AMG that I actually thought sounded remotely as good as any modern Aston Martin. I'm here for the full experience... stunning looks, great performance, the smell of the leather, the feel of the premium materials, and the sound.

Old 07-04-2017, 07:07 AM
007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by spyder997s
I read this about the new v8 engine, which is the same as the v8 in the DB11:

"To make sure DB11s fitted with the Mercedes engine feel (and perform) like a true Aston, the engineers in Gaydon have fitted a bespoke air intake, a new exhaust and wet sump lubrication. A unique software map should make the DB11 feel different to, say, the E63 AMG and AMG GT with which it shares an engine."

So it basically has an Aston Martin intake, exhaust, and software.

If that makes this engine an Aston Martin engine, then our tuners and sponsors on this board get to claim many engines in their name too! Lol
Uh... Velocity AP actually already is the official exhaust manufacturer for the factory race teams so they actually ARE and Aston Martin OE supplier

Just giving props where it's deserved

Furthermore, not to split hairs but Aston never made their own engines, the previous batch was made by cosworth (also an outside supplier). Aston simply does not have the budget or manpower to make everything in house from scratch.

Shoving the V12TT motor into the new vantage with a stick (already confirmed)... And upgrading the ECU is going to produce a MONSTER of a car producing well over 700hp/TQ once that time comes... So I am all for it

Old 07-04-2017, 11:57 AM
spyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by 007 Vantage
Uh... Velocity AP actually already is the official exhaust manufacturer for the factory race teams so they actually ARE and Aston Martin OE supplier
I think you're getting my statement mixed up. I was trying to communicate that just because a tuner makes an exhaust, doesn't mean they can claim the engine. Example: if I have a tubi exhaust on my Ferrari, it shouldn't be called a tubi engine. It's still a Ferrari engine. Same for quicksilver on an Aston. It's still an Aston Martin engine.

So my point was that just because the Mercedes engine has an Aston exhaust, it is still an MB engine.

And I actually don't have a problem with that. I'm a fan of AMG engines in the pagani and some of their other cars. And I'm also a huge fan of Velocity's stuff too.

My bottom line is that if the new Vantage looks good, sounds good, and is fast, and will be the same one entered in GT4 races, I'm buying one!

Happy 4th

Old 07-05-2017, 09:32 AM
sonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Mathman85
Yeah, I don't inherently have a problem with using Mercedes engines, but I do worry about the sound. I haven't heard an AMG that I actually thought sounded remotely as good as any modern Aston Martin. I'm here for the full experience... stunning looks, great performance, the smell of the leather, the feel of the premium materials, and the sound.
Have you heard the AMG GT in person? I think it sounds pretty frickin awesome (not as much as a fart box as I thought it would be), and I can imagine that aston will run some pipes that will make it sound higher pitched, although with what the DB11 V8 sounds like maybe not... we shall see.

Old 07-05-2017, 11:33 AM
XJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond repute

Furthermore, not to split hairs but Aston never made their own engines, the previous batch was made by cosworth (also an outside supplier). Aston simply does not have the budget or manpower to make everything in house from scratch.
You should get your facts straight before spouting this nonsense.

Shoving the V12TT motor into the new vantage with a stick (already confirmed)... And upgrading the ECU is going to produce a MONSTER of a car producing well over 700hp/TQ once that time comes... So I am all for it
You mean the ASTON MARTIN motor?

Old 07-06-2017, 05:48 PM
Wniimi has a spectacular aura aboutWniimi has a spectacular aura aboutWniimi has a spectacular aura about
Smile The 2018 Vantage??

Well, I just finished a photoshop rendering of the 2018 Vantage. I took some liberties and now that I look at it, the rear spoiler stands up a little taller than what's on the "patent" drawings and the front side vent is a little too small. Maybe in my next attempt, these will be fixed.

I used this drawing - There are very many similarities to the magnificent DB10!

I borrowed this from the internet - sorry!

What do you guys think? Time to save your pennies?

Old 07-06-2017, 05:53 PM
HabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to all
I'd wonder how they could ruin a DB10 like that

Old 07-06-2017, 05:57 PM
Wniimi has a spectacular aura aboutWniimi has a spectacular aura aboutWniimi has a spectacular aura about

Oops! I can't believe I posted the wrong picture - must be cross-eyed. It's getting late. Here's the right one.

Old 07-06-2017, 06:01 PM
HabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to all
I think it's still the wrong one, if it's not, it's the wrong car for me.

Old 07-06-2017, 06:10 PM
I did not like the front end of the DB10 at all...until I saw it in person. It was gorgeous! Then I took pictures of it and when I looked at them - meh. How can so much be lost in a picture.

Before I saw the patent drawings, I was at a service clinic and an Aston Martin rep described the new Vantage as a cross between a Vulcan and the DB10. I think the patent drawings are exactly that.

Can't wait to see it in person.

Old 07-07-2017, 11:37 AM
Mathman85 is a glorious beacon of lightMathman85 is a glorious beacon of lightMathman85 is a glorious beacon of lightMathman85 is a glorious beacon of lightMathman85 is a glorious beacon of light
The rear diffuser is a bit much in the rendering... hope it's a bit more subtle. (Specifically, where it sticks out at the sides.)

I'm actually not a fan of the DB10, at all (though the gauges were gorgeous), but I'm all for Aston Martin Vulcanizing all their cars.

Old 07-07-2017, 12:33 PM
Originally Posted by Mathman85
The rear diffuser is a bit much in the rendering... hope it's a bit more subtle. (Specifically, where it sticks out at the sides.)

I'm actually not a fan of the DB10, at all (though the gauges were gorgeous), but I'm all for Aston Martin Vulcanizing all their cars.
I have to admit, the rear valance is initially an assault on the senses, but when you consider the direction that AM is going - distinguishing the models from each other by defining each customer - then it starts to make sense.

When I was shopping for my Vantage, I went through listing after listing of black, 50 shades of gray ;o) (which really aren't colors), and a few greens, blues and a red. (I bought the red.) And for a long time, I had to look hard to distinguish between the models - Vanquish, DB9, Vantage, etc. AM is looking to remedy this confusion - according to a company rep.

So if you look at the new Vantage with stodgy eyes, then yes, it's too much, but it will definitely not be confused with the DB11.

As a design exercise, take a look at this distracting color scheme - Blue Chrome with Red Carbon Fiber accents. IMO, the diffuser no longer dominates the rear - a magical misdirection.

Don't stare too long, you'll go blind.

Old 07-07-2017, 12:39 PM
Do they make disappearing wrap to use on the diffuser?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.